No announcement yet.

Hidden meaning or poor choice of words?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden meaning or poor choice of words?

delete

delete

Comment

Aloha to you Jeff,

Since I am really new at social nudism, I would not be the one to best address this issue. Just wondering though, are you comfortable enough asking him about what exactly he meant by that statement?

Personally, I am sensitive to people's words, so the word "prancing" kind of hit a button with me, but it might not mean anything.

Used to live in OC... went to college at Cal Poly. Miss the mainland sometimes. Wish I were courageous enough to be a nudist/naturist then... LOL... I can just imagine what my fraternity brothers would say if they knew the truth...

Comment

Kinda, sorta sounds like he isn't as commited to the lifestyle as you are. Maybe he just presents his thoughts in a poor way. I agree with Marvin, you might want to ask him about it, if you're comfortable with that.

Comment

People fall in and out of love...and not everybody has a life long love affair with nudism. Also people experience it on different levels...maybe your roomate is experiencing nudism on level 2 while you are soaring on level 5. In otherwords, it is possible that his version of nudism and his nudist ideals are different than your own.

I think the best thing is to bring it up in conversation....but not finger pointing....more of a "so how do you feel about it now" kind of angle, and just listen to him, you can raise counter-points at another time, after introspection and reflection.

Comment

I think I'd take everyone's advice that's posted so far and talk with your room mate. I vaguely remember you advertising for a "nudist" room mate. Seems from his poor choice of words that he's not were you are with nudism.

Sit down with him, ask him and get it out in the open. It is your home and you sure don't want to be put on restrictions in your own home.

Good luck.

Comment

I wonder if the friend whom he was bringing home was a man or a woman. If it was a man, I would not be as concerned about being nude. I was brought up with that general attitude, but if it were a woman, I would cover up.

In my view, if it were a male friend he was bringing home, I think that the housemate should merely "warn" the friend that you are a nudist and that you probably would be nude at your home.

Your housemate used a poor choice of words, but we all, at times, unfortunately, inadvertantly use the wrong words.

Give him the benefit of a doubt, but do not let this irritation smolder inside you, but use the suggestions in the above posts about gently encountering him about his statement, for clarification and understanding.

Comment

Hard to tell without eye contact.

I agree with the others. Probably a poor choice of phrasing. I do it often.

Comment

Sounds like a lack of communication on both your parts. Talk to him about his choice of words. It is your house and you have the right to do as you please but have to keep whoever is living there and paying rent happy also. The roomate needs to inform people you are a nudist, be they male or female and that you MAY be nude in their presence. Leave the choice open to discussion.

Comment

Talking with him is definitely the right thing to do, but I would let him know that it is YOUR home. You must let him know, in a kind way, that he does not lay down the rules. Be firm in your stance on nudity in your own home. You are still the "King of your castle". People will do what you allow them to do.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by JeffMesa:
                      He told me he was going out and would be coming home with a friend and that I should be sure not to be "prancing around naked" when he got home.

I'm fine with not wanting to offend anyone, but his use of the word "prancing" really bothered me. Should I chalk it up to a bad choice of words, or is there some underlying meaning? Just curious what you all think.

So dress in a tutu and prance around in that when his company comes over.

Surely that's less embarassing for him than you prancing around nude.

Comment

thts more like what a child whould say. i would have been embarassed

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by travros:
                          thts more like what a child whould say. i would have been embarassed

Who exactly are you replying to?

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by JeffMesa:
                            I met my current housemate on an online nudist site. In the year+ that I've lived here I think he's only been nude about 5 times, while I'm nude as much as possible.

The other day he said something that got me thinking and also feeling a bit uncomfortable.

He told me he was going out and would be coming home with a friend and that I should be sure not to be "prancing around naked" when he got home.

I'm fine with not wanting to offend anyone, but his use of the word "prancing" really bothered me. Should I chalk it up to a bad choice of words, or is there some underlying meaning? Just curious what you all think.

Prancing is normally used as a derogatory term.

I would stay nude and be watching a movie when he came back. See, no prancing at all! LOL

Comment

I am just worried that if you mention anything about it to your housemate that he will take it the wrong way and it will just end up in a heated argument.

If it is your place and he knew from the start that it was a nudist environment then he knew what he was getting into and it was his choice.

I live with my folks, sister and a brother that visits so I know that a simple word or comment can easily cause eruptions when it is asked what was meant by it.

Just take care.

Ewan

Comment

Working...
                              X