Nude hiking in SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude hiking in SoCal

I am trying to see if there is any interest in semi organizing a nude hiking group. In the southern Ca. area.

I am a outdoor nudist kind of guy and normally I just go out the local nude beach but recently due to the crummy weather I have had to go inland to do some hiking to enjoy nude recreation. I enjoy hiking and camping anyway and just thought I would throw this idea out there to see if anyone in this area interested.

There may already be a group out there that I don't know about but the idea is for a bunch of us to get together once in a while and go out and hike nude in a remote area in Southern Ca. Depending on what kind of interest this post generates we may be able to start one if there isn't one out there already. If there is one out there I would like to talk to someone about it and joining.

I am trying to see if there is any interest in semi organizing a nude hiking group. In the southern Ca. area.

I am a outdoor nudist kind of guy and normally I just go out the local nude beach but recently due to the crummy weather I have had to go inland to do some hiking to enjoy nude recreation. I enjoy hiking and camping anyway and just thought I would throw this idea out there to see if anyone in this area interested.

There may already be a group out there that I don't know about but the idea is for a bunch of us to get together once in a while and go out and hike nude in a remote area in Southern Ca. Depending on what kind of interest this post generates we may be able to start one if there isn't one out there already. If there is one out there I would like to talk to someone about it and joining.

Comment

NudeAl--

There is a group called "The Camping Bares" located somewhere in San Diego. I have seen a van with their logo on it on Fiesta Island. You can probably find them thru www.cybernude.com or some other nudist web-site.

Big Mac

Comment

Here is The Camping Bares web site listed below;

http://www.campingbares.org/site/links.html

Comment

Thanks for the info. I actually am a member of this club but haven't gotten together with them for a while now. Most of the members tend to be some what older and most of them are not up for a long hike out in the woods. They are a fun group though. I guess I should try going to one of their meetings to try this idea out on them.

Comment

nudeal - don't give up yet on that local club. you should definitely attend one of their meetings and propose longer hikes with camping along the way. i wish i was nearby to you, as i would love to find one of those hot springs in the ca. mountains.....

Comment

Hey Florida Dave,

I'm from So. Cal too. Just getting into nude hiking. If you are ever down this way there are some nice family nudist resorts out here. I would be happy to show you around.

Eric

Comment

Well Dave there's been quite a few times I have wished to be out in Florida to visit Miami and Haulover beach in our deepest darkest winter. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] It somtimes gets down to 50 or so in the winter here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] If you ever come out this way I'll hook you up with a trip to the hotsprings but you gotta promise to hook me up with a trip to one of your beaches if I come out there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

i can try, but no promises!! actually, the beaches here are nice in the winter, they are too cold for me and the wind is often enough to cause a lot of sandblasting on the body.
                  later

Comment

Which part of So Cal are you interested in?

I'm in Northern LA County. Until recently I had a web page up for the Canyon Country Bares. (Took it down to lack of interest and the need to pay for the web space.) There are a zillion neat places just north of LA suitable for unsuited hiking.

Comment

I'm in near San Diego, I think I have visited your web site in the past. Was it the one that posted pictures of a trip to Sespe hotsprings? I think there was a group up there called Canyon Country Bares?

I would be interested to hear about your take on this. You say you pulled the plug on your web site due to lack of visitors? Does that say something about the level of interest for this sort of thing or do you think it was something else?

Well I am looking at areas in eastern San Diego Co. I just got a new book on hiking trails in the area. I was out at Sespe hotsprings one January and had a good time. Also in the mood to go check out Deep Creek as soon as the temps out there are out of the 90's.

Comment

You have the correct web site. It was a combination of many visitors and few participants. I had tens of thousands of hits, a mailing list of a couple hundred and perhaps 6 who were active. Of those they were scattered over a broad area. Scheduling and travel just to make connections was a bear.

Then I got laid off which meant I had a little more time but NO money at all, so I pulled the plug on the web site.

Here's a great nude hike/float trip for the fit and fearless:
                        Arroyo Seco River Hike

Comment

Working...
                        X