Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haulover Beach, FL Showers

from Richard Mason:
    BEACHES Foundation received a grant earlier this year for the installation of showers on the beach at Haulover's Naturist Beach. The grant must be used before Dec. 31, 2005

Due to specification changes and required design changes, Beaches has received higher construction costs on their re-bidding of the job.

Rather than re-apply for a larger grant to cover the added costs that would delay the project for several more months, BEACHES Foundation is doing a fund raiser to acquire the monies needed to complete the project this year. BEACHES
    is a 501 (c) 3, thus any donations are tax deductible.
    Address: P O Box 530306 Miami Shores 33153.
    They hope to have the showers installed before the end of the year.

Richard Mason http://sffb.com
    SFFB/FNA
    Haulover Beach, a national naturist treasure.

from Richard Mason:
    BEACHES Foundation received a grant earlier this year for the installation of showers on the beach at Haulover's Naturist Beach. The grant must be used before Dec. 31, 2005

Due to specification changes and required design changes, Beaches has received higher construction costs on their re-bidding of the job.

Rather than re-apply for a larger grant to cover the added costs that would delay the project for several more months, BEACHES Foundation is doing a fund raiser to acquire the monies needed to complete the project this year. BEACHES
    is a 501 (c) 3, thus any donations are tax deductible.
    Address: P O Box 530306 Miami Shores 33153.
    They hope to have the showers installed before the end of the year.

Richard Mason http://sffb.com
    SFFB/FNA
    Haulover Beach, a national naturist treasure.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info Cheri. Though my wife and I have yet to visit Haulover, we will someday and I am, as you know, a sucker for a good cause.........so the checks in the mail!

Comment

I am not familiar with Haulover, but why does a beach need shower facilities?

Maybe, this is an American custom?????

Comment

Showers at the beach. Eh? Probably to wash the sand of you when you leave. Eh?

I think the colthing area has them.Its funny I think. You have been naked all day, then get dressed, just to get naked again at the showers. Good idea, just build one at the nude area.

Comment

You need showers because you are on the ocean and it's salty and sandy. There is a shower already there but it's not in the nude zone. Since about nobody carries a swim suit just to take a shower in you have to shower just feet from the road and can't get caught doing it nude because it's not allowed there. The shower isn't hidden at all, it's right out on the sidewalk.

They are going to bring the water lines to the beach side of the dunes, in the nude area, and add a shower.

Comment

They have showers....but I think the showers currenly there are in the wrong spot. It would be great to have a shower on the beach there, so you can wash the saltwater off before you have to get dressed.

(for those who aren't from FL... FL saltwater is filled with diatoms, which ends up feeling kind of sticky and grainy if you don't wash it off. California beaches I don't even need to shower, FL beaches I really prefer to.)

Comment

Thanks Cyndiann and DoctorSurferDude.

Being a freshwater swimmer, it had not crossed my mind about the saltwater effects.

Perhaps, an internet search might yield different (and additional) grant funding possibilities to complete the showers?

Comment

Working...
                X