Naturist Hike to Bass Lake May 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturist Hike to Bass Lake May 12

Bass Lake in Point Reyes National Seashore is the Bay Area’s best-loved skinny-dipping pond, and the Bay Area Naturists’ biennial hikes there are a popular tradition. Come join us in this easy hike for an afternoon of swimmming, sunning, raft-floating and picnicking. The walk is 3 miles each way and takes a little over an hour. From the trail we’ll have scenic views along the coasts of three counties, as well as out to the Farallon Islands if we’re lucky. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon at the lake talking, reading, and playing cards, or extend your hike, if you’re feeling energetic, another mile and a half to the beach where Alamere Falls cascades to the surf. We can enjoy the beach and falls before heading back to the lake again to cool off.

We’ll gather at the Palomarin Trailhead at 9:45 am Saturday May 12 for coffee and pastries (bring your own cup). We’ll depart by 10:00 am. Bring water, food, snacks to share, inflatable rafts, towels, games, a camera, etc.

Allow yourself an hour’s driving time beyond the Golden Gate Bridge. Follow Highway 1 through the town of Stinson Beach and then, just past the Bolinas Lagoon, turn left on the unmarked road, go left again on Horseshoe Hill Road to Bolinas, then atop a small hill turn right onto Mesa Road. Pass the Point Reyes bird observatory and the end of the pavement to the very end of the road. See the CSAA map of Marin County for details.

Let me know if you'd like more information!

Bass Lake in Point Reyes National Seashore is the Bay Area’s best-loved skinny-dipping pond, and the Bay Area Naturists’ biennial hikes there are a popular tradition. Come join us in this easy hike for an afternoon of swimmming, sunning, raft-floating and picnicking. The walk is 3 miles each way and takes a little over an hour. From the trail we’ll have scenic views along the coasts of three counties, as well as out to the Farallon Islands if we’re lucky. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon at the lake talking, reading, and playing cards, or extend your hike, if you’re feeling energetic, another mile and a half to the beach where Alamere Falls cascades to the surf. We can enjoy the beach and falls before heading back to the lake again to cool off.

We’ll gather at the Palomarin Trailhead at 9:45 am Saturday May 12 for coffee and pastries (bring your own cup). We’ll depart by 10:00 am. Bring water, food, snacks to share, inflatable rafts, towels, games, a camera, etc.

Allow yourself an hour’s driving time beyond the Golden Gate Bridge. Follow Highway 1 through the town of Stinson Beach and then, just past the Bolinas Lagoon, turn left on the unmarked road, go left again on Horseshoe Hill Road to Bolinas, then atop a small hill turn right onto Mesa Road. Pass the Point Reyes bird observatory and the end of the pavement to the very end of the road. See the CSAA map of Marin County for details.

Let me know if you'd like more information!

Comment

Wow, I was ready to get my plans all set up, until I realized there was another Bass Lake. I thought you were talking about the Bass Lake in the Sierras. Oh well, lots of luck and hope you have a good turn out. Post some pics, if you can, of your hike.

Comment

Yeah, the shared name's pretty confusing. I've seen pictures of the Sierra Bass Lake with the big waterfall / slide, but haven't been yet. Will definitely be taking pictures! Anyway, if you find yourself in the Bay Area that weekend, keep our hike in mind -- it'd be great to have you along.

Comment

Working...
        X