Jessica Alba Upset by nudity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Alba Upset by nudity

I was surprised when I read this earlier this morning. It may be old news, but I just saw it. I am a bit disappointed. She struck me as being quite comfortable with her body and I figured that by extension she had a better view toward nudity. (I realise I should post the link, but I can't find it anymore. This was copied and pasted from the article)

Jessica Alba was left traumatised when she visited a spa and all the other clients were naked.
    The 'Fantastic Four' beauty was too disgusted to get in the Jacuzzi when she realised everyone else was in the nude.
    Jessica, 26, said: "I went to a spa and it was so traumatic because no one was wearing a suit in the Jacuzzi. It was gross!
    "I'm not sitting with a bunch of people with their business hanging out!"

Unfortunately, the vast majority of young people her age and some older react this way when they are embarassed. Instead of being mature enough to say, "I'm just a bit embarassed by the nudity...they make comments like, "it's gross."

I'm not a real fan of this young woman anyway so it doesn't bother me that she reacted the way she did, I chalk it up to immaturity.

Comment

Lowers my opinion of her that she would say something like that.

Comment

Jessica Alba's still a spunk ...

.. just pity she appears to be so body shy.
        Wonder if that was a factor in why she's no longer going out with what's-his-face off NCIS ??

She wears body hugging clothes in Dark Angel and Fantastic Four; and she wears fairly revealing outfits when on the red carpet, and in that 'Honey' movie..

Also wonder if there's any nude scenes in any movie she's made ?

Her comments would be more fitting to someone in their early teens rather than early twenties - not impressed.

Comment

I'm sorry but whenever Jessica Alba starts spouting her anti-nudity rhetoric it gets my systolic up. Here is a woman who has made a career as a sex kitten wearing translucent shear designer dresses on the red carpet, swimming in thong bikinis and prancing around in movies wearing outfits resembling body paint. After all that she starts protesting that "her body is her temple" and she has made a vow never to do nude scenes. It reminds me of the political joke regarding what the definition of "is" is.

If any grade school-er can, at a computer key-stroke, see Jessica Alba's breasts what does it matter that she is wearing a see through Vera Wang gown? Why the hypocrisy of a no-nudity contract clause?

Maybe if there is a dramatic drop-off of hyperventilating males the next time she teases her next sexy movie, she may re-asses her nudity stance. There is just so much bait-and-switch the movie going public can take.

Comment

Actors are usually very body conscious, given the complex physicality of their craft. Many "method acting" classes used to routinely include nude sessions. The mere logistics in theater of dressing rooms, makeup, ubiquitous production people, and quick costume changes, not to mention the whole decorative nature of "costumes", usually quickly sweeps away any body-shyness tendencies. So it is always surprising when someone like Alba has become so successful without being comfortable with bodies in general and her own in particular.

Stories like this always make me reflect on the need for "body comfort" seminars or therapy/support groups like there are for all sorts of other life traumas. It's a "social service" activity that naturists could sponsor but usually neglect. Most "celebrities" have therapists who should also be alert. Do naturist organizations have regular working contact with therapist associations?

Comment

I'm not a real fan of this young woman
              I am!

http://www.albafan.com/jessica-alba-vows-for-no-nudity

Stu

Comment

Yes, this young lady is a total hypocrit........vows no nudity but she will show off her body with skintight clothing, almost baring it all and she has the gall to vow for no nudity when she is practically nude with spray-painted clothing on and showing it with patches of cloth? Women and men who take their "fashion sense" to this lenght have no room to vow against nudity. At least nude, she isn't teasing the people she is almost naked with. At least nude, one is real and has no need to flaunt, tease, or titillate.

Yes, Stu, you would be a fan. You are anti-nudity, anti-nudism, and to say you aren't is laughable. I have made it through some of your threads and it's the same song and dance.

Comment

Yes, Stu, you would be a fan. You are anti-nudity, anti-nudism, and to say you aren't is laughable.
                  MoonShadow

What has this story - or this woman - got to do with nudism?

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by MoonShadow View Post
                    Yes, Stu, you would be a fan. You are anti-nudity, anti-nudism, and to say you aren't is laughable. I have made it through some of your threads and it's the same song and dance.
                    I no longer believe anything he has to say because he tends to say one thing and then contradict it before long. The bottom line is that he wants strict controls on when and where we are allowed to be nude so he won't be offended.

It is my personal opinion that as long as he is doing things that I find offensive, he doesn't get to ask or tell me not to offend him.

Comment

MJ_KC

I'm discussing the topic of the thread, and you are raising the totally off-topic issue of my attitude to nudism.

This thread is about Jessica Alba, someone who is presumably a textile, and I asked what has this story - or this woman - got to do with nudism?

Stu

Comment

it has nothing to do with nudism. who cares if Jessica Alba doesnt like nudity? I really fail to see why its even discussed

Harry

Comment

it has nothing to do with nudism. who cares if Jessica Alba doesnt like nudity? I really fail to see why its even discussed
                          Thank you, Harry.

I can appreciate nudists not understanding why this actress dislikes nudity, but, as a textile, she's not unusual for being that way and she certainly shouldn't be condemned for it.

Stu

Comment

Stu

we dont agree on everything, but I agree with you here. Jessica is entitled to her opinion. if she doesnt want to be nude around others then thats fine. Im afraid some of my fellow nudists dont see the big picture.

one of the problems we've got with nudism is we have too many males vs females on ratio, then we have too many who are simply out of shape. Heck, I wouldnt want to be around them either and Im a nudist!

Harry

Comment

I don't know why Jessica Alba brings Catholicism as a justification against nudity. She obviously has not read the teachings of Pope John Paul II where the prior Pope specifically stated that nudity is not immoral or a sin:

Pope John Paul II, while still a Polish Cardinal wrote:
                              "Nakedness itself is not immodest... Immodesty is present only when nakedness plays a negative role with regard to the value of the person, when its aim is to arouse concupiscence, as a result of which the person is put in the position of an object for enjoyment."
                              From religioustolerance.org:

One source lists many dozens of verses in the Bible and interprets each. That author concludes that God abhors nakedness when:
                              It is forced upon a person against their will (as when captured as a prisoner).
                              It is associated with a sinful act (as in Pagan worship of a golden calf or engaging in an orgy or temple prostitution).
                              It means that the individual is lacking in basic needs to the extent that they are unprotected from the harsh elements, without shelter, food, and clothing. 3
                              But God also used nakedness positively, in order to communicate the message of some of the Prophets more effectively.
                              We have been unable to find a passage in the Bible that specifically condemns public nudity, as in attendance at a naturist resort. There appear to be none which condemns private nudity. There seem to be a number of passages that mention nudity in the presence of others as acceptable behavior. There also appears to be many instances in the history of the Christian Church where public nudity was a normal activity. We would conclude that naturism is not disallowed by the Bible, or by church tradition and that Christians should feel free to investigate naturism freely.
                              The two passages in Roman cited above have been used to condemn social nudity. But this appears to be based on incorrect beliefs about the possibility of lustful thoughts.
                              http://www.religioustolerance.org/nu_bibl.htm

Jessica Alba clearly states "I come from a Catholic family and it wasn’t seen as good to flaunt yourself. I can handle being sexy with clothes on but not with them off.”

So she concludes that wearing the most revealing clothes and showing off her body is not 'flaunting' herself but total nudity is. She certainly is a hypocrit that picks and choses whatever she wants to believe with no factual justification for it. She obviously is using her revealing clothes and showing off her body in a very lustful way (which is against church teachings) but is opposed to simple nudity (which is not lustful and is not against church teachings). Hypocrisy indeed!
                              Last edited by Sanslines; 12-11-2007, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X