Recent topfreedom on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent topfreedom on TV

I've noticed something on a couple of popular shows recently that I hope to be the start of a trend. A few months ago on "CSI" they were examining a female body and briefly showed her bare breasts. On last night's "ER" the doctors were examining an elderly lady having some sort of trauma. In the process they very realistically removed her shirt and bra to attach leads. For a few seconds I had to wonder if what I was seeing was real but it was.

Everyone is familiar with the "National Geographic" specials or the Discover Channel programs about tribes which show totally nude women and men. But these were mainstream shows employing nudity, albeit just female breasts, but I find it encouraging. Does anyone have other examples of this? Care to share your opinion of these advances?

I've noticed something on a couple of popular shows recently that I hope to be the start of a trend. A few months ago on "CSI" they were examining a female body and briefly showed her bare breasts. On last night's "ER" the doctors were examining an elderly lady having some sort of trauma. In the process they very realistically removed her shirt and bra to attach leads. For a few seconds I had to wonder if what I was seeing was real but it was.

Everyone is familiar with the "National Geographic" specials or the Discover Channel programs about tribes which show totally nude women and men. But these were mainstream shows employing nudity, albeit just female breasts, but I find it encouraging. Does anyone have other examples of this? Care to share your opinion of these advances?

Comment

We watch a show that focuses on the emergency rooms thoughout the country. This show blurrs out the genitals on all of the subjects, but at times, they will show breasts. They even show operations being done, from the start to finish. It's weird that they show the blood and guts of patients, yet, go out of their way to blurr the genitals.

Also, speaking of National Geographic, I have seen episodes of tribes where all members were nude, yes, even the men. This one particular tribe showed the men with some sort of ribbon or cloth tied around their penis'. Evidently, after the males reach a certain age or after they go through a ceremony, they are allowed to wear this piece.

Just an observance I have noticed on how much nudity has come and how much left there is still to do when it comes to the mainstream TV.

Comment

Blood and guts are more acceptable to many people than nudity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

"Blood and guts are more acceptable to many people than nudity."

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Too right. In films and TV programmes we know they're not real. But nudity on such media is, IMO, unnecessary and filthy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by stu2630:
            [qb]But nudity on such media is, IMO, unnecessary and filthy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu [/qb]
            Stu, I know you are a troll here, so I hate to reply to your non-sense, but I think you just have a very filthy mind.

Comment

Brian

A troll is someone who posts just to spark an argument. I believe what I say and engage in debate issues with others here, and have done so regularly for nearly a year. Hardly the behaviour of a troll, is it?

And why should there be anything filthy about my mind just because I disapprove of actors and actresses exposing their naked bodies before the world?

Please don't feel that you hav eto answer these points - after all, why reply to a troll?

Stu

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stu2630:
                [QB] Brian

"A troll is someone who posts just to spark an argument. I believe what I say and engage in debate issues with others here, and have done so regularly for nearly a year."

I've never heard the term TROLL used to identify an argumentative person before, but accepting this as a new definition, Stu most certainly fits the bill. The fact that he has been prevoking arguments for over a year only makes him and Old Troll. I pointed out some time ago that we could always be sure that nomatter which way the tide was flowing, Stu would be swimming in the opposite direction. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

All that said, isen't this is what these postings are all about, the civil exchange of different points of view. I don't have to like or agree with Stu's point of view. Indeed I find sometimes humor in some of the positions he takes. That though is his right as a poster. So let him rant and rave. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
                Thanks for your time, Sawdust

Comment

quote:
                  [qb] "Blood and guts are more acceptable to many people than nudity."

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Too right. In films and TV programmes we know they're not real.

Stu [/qb]
                  Do we? It's my understanding that the shows to which nudeM referred were live operations, not staged.

quote:
                  [qb]But nudity on such media is, IMO, unnecessary and filthy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [/qb]
                  Perhaps if it became more commonplace, fewer people would see it so. This is the kind of nudity that I and many others would like to see more often on small and big screens: non-sexual, non-glamorous, everyday nakedness. Still, I respect your opinion while not sharing it.

Comment

quote:
                    [qb] Brian

A troll is someone who posts just to spark an argument. I believe what I say and engage in debate issues with others here, and have done so regularly for nearly a year. Hardly the behaviour of a troll, is it?

And why should there be anything filthy about my mind just because I disapprove of actors and actresses exposing their naked bodies before the world?

Please don't feel that you hav eto answer these points - after all, why reply to a troll?

Stu [/qb]
                    OK, I am somewhat self diagnosed as psycohotic, so I will reply to a troll....ocassionally. While I have my own views on several subjects, I like to think of these forums as a means to exchange ideas, sharing and learning from others. News forums have actually been a way that I have shared my ideas, which is also a springboard to test your own ideas by getting logical feedback on your views. Such as..."I think nudity is wrong, and is taught as bad in religion." as an opinion or view, with an opposing argument of "well, actually, there is very little if any reference to simple nudity as bad in the Judeo-Christian text, however conservative teachings in the latter centuries has covered up nudity in a poor attempt to control promiscuity". Then a person with a one sided opinion, realized that there may be merit in what was presented, since they shed some facts on the argument.
                    However, while in your case, you came to this forum with a "position" on nudity. Given that position I cannot understand why you spend so much time here unless you are not actually a believer in the firm opinions you promote, but enjoy playing the "devil's advocate", thus "sparking an argument".
                    As far a having a filthy mind, your automatic association of skin with filth is my answer. If your mind were clean, then you would view a naked body on TV as a body, without adornment or protection from the elements and possibly chilly unless in a warm climate or in the sun. Is it "necessary", perhaps not, but given that, is any visual represention in the form of TV necessary, or would radio suffice for entertainment and news. But is the sound of a voice really necessary, since we could just read everthing we need for entertainment and news. Or perhaps reading is too far out, and we should just sit alone and meditate (clothed of course) and await spiritial entertainment and guidance.

Comment

Yeah and stu, on trauma shows, blood and nasty stuff inside your body (or in the unfortunate victims' cases: outside their body)is real. I don't know about you, but I'd rather see naked people than blood and bones and exposed muscles. Have you ever seen facial reconstructive surgury? It's probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen!

Namedun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Brian

"Such as..."I think nudity is wrong, and is taught as bad in religion." as an opinion or view,"

Brian, have I EVER said that? No. Clearly you don't read my posts (which is probably why you think I'm a troll) because that's not my position and never has been and if you had read what I actually said rather than just made assumptions you would know that. And because you start with a false assumption about what I think, the rest of your arguments don't make any sense.

"However, while in your case, you came to this forum with a "position" on nudity."

I did come here with a position on nudity. I have said, consistently, that there is nothing wrong with nudity per se nor with naturism. My objection is to PUBLIC nudity other than where appropriate - e.g. it IS appropriate in showers, changing rooms etc at swimming pools, gyms etc, and also at properly auhorised naturist venues and events. It is NOT appropriate at textile beaches, parks, streets, shopping centres, railway stations, lidos, public houses or airports.

"If your mind were clean, then you would view a naked body on TV as a body, without adornment or protection from the elements and possibly chilly unless in a warm climate or in the sun."

I don't like to see nudity on TV, so if it comes on, I switch it off. I'm not campaigning to have it banned. I'm not trying to prevent YOU from watching it. But I'm still entitled to my opinion.

namedun

"Yeah and stu, on trauma shows, blood and nasty stuff inside your body (or in the unfortunate victims' cases: outside their body)is real."

I know. But reality TV is generally educational and informative. It's not usually watched for titillation. They don't add bits to make it as gruesome as possible. I'd much rather see a documentary showing a heart transplant than a bunch of middle-aged, overweight nudists basking like whales on some beach in in Hawaii.

"I don't know about you, but I'd rather see naked people than blood and bones and exposed muscles."

I've actually seen surgery for real - me all gowned in the operating theatre watching the surgeon doing his stuff! Long story - I'll tell you some time. It was fascinating, though. Who wants to see naked people [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] ?

Stu

Comment

I have said this before, but I'll say it again. Stu is hijacking topics and turning them into lengthy, repetitive and useless debates.

A few of you like to debate him as an intellectual challenge, but the rest of us are being buried in the verbiage.

There are topics that I would like to introduce, but now won't, knowing that Stu will fill up screens with his extreme views.

This forum is supposed to be about the Fun of Nude Recreation. With Stu around, it's anything but fun.

I don't believe that Stu has anything further of a positive nature to contribute to these forums. I recommend to the administrators that he should be asked to withdraw from further participation.

Gary

Comment

"A few of you like to debate him as an intellectual challenge, but the rest of us are being buried in the verbiage."

No-one is stopping you either joining in the discussions. This thread is about what is called "top freedom". That's what I have been talking about. There are plenty of discussions on here that I have not contributed to.

"There are topics that I would like to introduce, but now won't, knowing that Stu will fill up screens with his extreme views."

Nobody is stopping you, Gary. And my views are far from extreme. I would say that most of my views regarding ordinary naturist activities mirror those of the general population. If you can't debate with me the you can't debate with the wider society.

Now if you don't feel that you have the necessary skills in reasoning, debate nor self-expression to hold your own in these dialogues then feel free to withdraw yourself. But please don't try to gag those of us who enjoy participating in these discussions.

Stu

Comment

You know, Guy's (and Gal's too), while I'll probably never agree with Stu on anything, we've got to realize that his viewpoint is representative of what most of the lawmakers here in the states believe to be the majority. And in order to have an honest and open discussion, we have to have a contrasting point of view. Maybe Stu does reiterate the same point, but then again, aren't we???I'm sure that Stu believes that he is right, just like we think that we are right, that's why we have these "discussions" to try and convince the opposing viewpoints that we are right. Besides, some people do see arguing as "fun". Now off of the soapbox and back on track, a few weeks back an episode of NYPD Blue showed a full frontal shot of a woman preparing to enter the shower when in walked her roommate/boyfriends little boy. interesting scenario for primetime television, and oddly enough a very small ordeal as nothing was made of it...nicely handled, I thought. On the other end of the spectrum though, on the WB network, an episode of Angel got a precautionary warning of partial nudity,...only because in one scene you could tell that a guy was naked, even though nothing was exposed. There's more skin in a Victoria's Secret advertisement. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X