Many Outraged by Breast-Feeding Magazine Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Outraged by Breast-Feeding Magazine Cover

Wow...we still have a loooong way to go...

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/many-outraged-by-b...id=NWS00010000000001

Comment

I dont get it, you arent seeing any more than you would if the woman was wearing a bikini. Doesnt make sense.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Nudony:

This makes me downright ashamed of many of my fellow citizens. And reminds me of a line I heard in a movie once: "95% of the people in this country are idiots and the rest of us are in grave danger of contamination." Are so many people really that paranoid and impervious? Sigh.

Comment

It can get worse. I'm friends with a nudist couple who often go to a resort, and they have a small child. The woman told me that when she was nursing, people at the nudist resort would move away from her.

So it would seem to be more than an issue of just exposing a particular part of the body. Perhaps a question of witnessing an action which people see as too intimate to be comfortable with?

Comment

"A breast is a breast - it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."

Arggggggg!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by DenitaLC:
              "A breast is a breast - it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."

Arggggggg!

I really wonder why. This breast looked more balloon than sex symbol.

Comment

"One mother who didn't like the cover explains she was concerned about her 13-year-old son seeing it."

And what does she Imagine will happen if her 13 year old sees what the true purpose of a womans breast is. Is she afraid he will quit locking himself in his room with his "girlie" magazines?

Or maybe he will become enlightened and realize that simple natural things can be seen without the world comming to an end.
                Heaven forbid a 13 year old should stop sexualizing breasts.

Think,

Steve

Comment

quote:

I took the associated poll; the results shown were 83% 'O.K.' with the pic.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by hatesclothes:
                    quote:

I seen that the majority say it's okay too. Does that mean those oppossed to the cover have a louder voice than we do?

Comment

You can watch people kill each other on tv, yet a breast is so sexual that it shouldn't be seen? What about manboobs, should they be covered up too?

Comment

"I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast - it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."

It's the same reason that Ash, 41, who nursed all three of her children, is cautious about breast-feeding in public

OK, let me get this straight. Ms. Ash believes the female breast is a sexual thing, but yet she breastfed her three children, letting them all attach to a sexual (according to her) part of her body. Does that mean that she is a pervert? Allowing a child to touch a sexual part of your body is wrong, isn't it?

This is a magazine for new mothers. Breastfeeding is going to be talked about. Shouldn't they expect a picture regarding it? The picture is focused on the baby, not the breast.

Pardom me while I scream.

Bob S.

Comment

Posted by Sacramento Jesse:
                          quote:
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by hatesclothes:

quote:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...00010000000001

I seen that the majority say it's okay too. Does that mean those oppossed to the cover have a louder voice than we do?
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sqeakey wheel gets the grease. Totally amazing.

Comment

i got those...so no!
                            lol
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Bob S.:
                            "I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast - it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."

It's the same reason that Ash, 41, who nursed all three of her children, is cautious about breast-feeding in public

OK, let me get this straight. Ms. Ash believes the female breast is a sexual thing, but yet she breastfed her three children, letting them all attach to a sexual (according to her) part of her body. Does that mean that she is a pervert? Allowing a child to touch a sexual part of your body is wrong, isn't it?

This is a magazine for new mothers. Breastfeeding is going to be talked about. Shouldn't they expect a picture regarding it? The picture is focused on the baby, not the breast.

Pardom me while I scream.

Bob S.

Comment

sorry, quoted the weong thing, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X