Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prize-Winning Nude Painting At Center Of Controversy

Prize-Winning Nude Painting At Center Of Controversy

Once again its the same old "what about the children" line we hear over and over. In a perfect world this wouldn't be an issue. What they should have done instead of moving the painting is put a sign. Something along the lines of "This artwork contains nudity, view at your own discretion".

Better yet.
    Put a sign at the entrance of the Gallery.

This Gallery Contains ART. If you don't understand it STAY OUT!
    Steve

Comment

.. or maybe,

Since ancient times, artists have captured the human form. We still do and we hope you enjoy our exhibits..

Comment

When I see something like this I always have to question if it really is "about the children" or is it about the adults who are too embarrassed to explain nudity and possibly sexuality to their children.

Comment

Baremore, methinks thou hast got it!

Comment

Originally posted by Baremore:
            When I see something like this I always have to question if it really is "about the children" or is it about the adults who are too embarrassed to explain nudity and possibly sexuality to their children.
            WE HAVE A BINGO!!!

And they call themselves Mature.

Steve

Comment

How all those children in Europe survive all those nude Statues is beyond me.

Comment

Well i grew up in a country full of naked art, and look how I turned out, let that be a lesson to you all !!

Pete Knight

Comment

Originally posted by shãybare:
                  How all those children in Europe survive all those nude Statues is beyond me.
                  That is something I have been wondering about. Does this sort of thing even happen in Europe?

Comment

I followed a link at hte bottom of the article to the art gallery and found the painting in question. I am at a loss for trying to explain how this painting could be offensive to ANYBODY...

Please see for yourselves....

Painting: After the Batth by Barbara Harris

Comment

Hi
                      I definitely agree with doctorsuferdude, a more inoffensive painting I cannot imagine, compared to some of the images readily available on any TV news program this is totally harmless.
                      Cheers
                      Mick

Comment

I know this is preaching to the converted but I must say that I cannot imagine why any parent would want to shield children from (most)nude art. I would imagine that shielded children would grow up with an UNATURAL interest in nudity and sex rather than natural acceptance knowledge and understanding.

Some nude art with very strong sexual conatations should of course be shielded from children.

JAMES

Comment

Has anyone ever answered the question "What about the children?"

They ask it all the time.

Bob S.

Comment

????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorSurferDude:
                              I followed a link at hte bottom of the article to the art gallery and found the painting in question. I am at a loss for trying to explain how this painting could be offensive to ANYBODY...

Please see for yourselves....

Painting: After the Batth by Barbara Harris
                              Thanks for posting this link, Doc. Now I see what the problem is. It's not the nude woman, but the painting on the wall behind her. It's round. It can't be fit into the perfect little boxes that the parents have so carefully constructed.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X