Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a 5-year old girl playing outside topless indecent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a 5-year old girl playing outside topless indecent?

Is a 5-year old girl playing outside topless indecent (and in the back yard)? A woman thinks so and there is also the issue of predators.

Listen to the podcast here:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...how,_Every_Day!
    Last edited by Davin; 09-09-2009, 07:20 PM.

Re: Is a 5-year old girl playing outside topless indecent?

Its funny how some the callers are worried about pervs seeing the female child topless. With pervs it dosnt matter if the child is topless nude or fully dressed. A perv just looks at the child

Comment

No, it's not indecent. She's a child, let her have fun.

Comment

The caller should watch "No Bikini." Maybe she'd learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by NudonyII View Post
          The caller should watch "No Bikini." Maybe she'd learn something.
          I don't know how many times I have recommended that video. I wish it could be seen by more people.

Comment

I have seen this video before but not in english. I got it this time.

Comment

There is an interesting dynamic, I think, about the "concern" expressed about "predators." For me it begs the question, "why are we letting perverts set the agenda?"

The predators we're concerned about in this particular instance are pedophiles. Pedophilia doesn't devolop unless the person so affected can sexually objectify pre-pubescent children. And yet, as disordered as we (rightly) find this, how willing are we to validate this objectification? This is precisely what we do when we allow our paranoia about "predators" to decide how we raise our children for us.

But I also think is serves as a reminder about how transformative nudism and naturism can be as moral and social movements. By embracing the notion that the human form, and thereby the whole human person, is valuable in itself, and not just the erotic features we project onto it, we have the opportunity to protect and, indeed, cherish full human dignity not only of children, but of everyone.

Bill
              Long Island

Comment

The best protection children have from pervs are responsible parents (or any responsible adult). If the perv is out there, he is watching the children no matter what they are wearing.

But that begs the question, is being watched harmful? Does a perv harm a child by watching her if he does nothing else and does not bother her? If a guy ogles women in public, is he doing anything bad if no one notices what he is doing?

I have seen this summer topless four-year-old girls as well as a naked two-year-old. Nobody I knew of batted an eye and this is a very conservative area.

By the way, I have not listened to the link, yet.

Bob S.

Comment

The link did not work for me but I'm gathering that it had something to do with little girls shouldn't go around topless because some perverted pedophile might try to hurt them.
                  This is one thing that really and I do mean really makes me mad. We resrict and punish innoscent little children because the ultra liberals with all their sycho babble crap say that the predators suffer from some sort of disease or mental illness and are not resposible for what they do. I say B*LL F*CKING SH*T. It is time to execute these f-ing diseases and let kids be kids.

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by sunfisher View Post
                    This is one thing that really and I do mean really makes me mad. We resrict and punish innoscent little children because the ultra liberals with all their sycho babble crap say that the predators suffer from some sort of disease or mental illness and are not resposible for what they do. I say B*LL F*CKING SH*T. It is time to execute these f-ing diseases and let kids be kids.
                    Gene
                    Wow, how you manage to link this to liberal agenda I don't know.

Clearly you are ignorant on pedophilia so allow me to school you.

1) Pedophiles are not the boogie men wondering the streets looking for children. Majority of pedophiles are people a family knows. They are often a male relative or close member of the family who has access to the victim. It is someone the family and the child trusts.

2) Pedophilia is not on the rise as the media would like you to think. It is just that the media is talking more about it. In some sense, sensationalizing it (a la Dateline To Catch a Predator). News reports use it as a way to get ratings by focusing so much on the issue and creating a false fear among the public. In addition, molestation is no longer a taboo topic. Up until the early 90s, the victims were either told to keep their molestation a secret and never utter a word about the incident again or they were told they were liars. Today, molesters are encouraged to tell someone and not keep it a secret.

3) I have NO IDEA how your above statement involves liberals. Because there is a group of people that have some understanding of the mental issues of molesters it makes them liberals? So I guess this is the fault of liberals? How silly and small of you. Reality is and studies have shown, molesters have some mental issues. In many cases, child molesters are victims of abuse themselves. They experienced physical and sexual abuse as children and never received the proper help to overcome the abuse. Molesting others is their way of asserting control, pain, and hurt on another person just as they experienced.

No one has attempted to release molesters of responsibility for their actions. What is being done is trying to understand why pedophiles molest and how can we change that either by stopping it before it happens or rehabilitating them. No one is saying we should not punish them for their actions.

Comment

I think that I will be asking this question much too often. Why is it that the right automatically labels anything they think is a negetive or contrary to their personal beliefs as liberal or leftist? This really has to stop.

Should I go around labeling anyone that is ignorant as conservative and rightist? It seems that many on that side are, and most are deliberately so because they would rather believe only in the things that echo their own ignorance instead of trying to learn both sides of an issue, and I mean truely learning both sides and not picking and choosing what facts that they want to believe.

Is that a fair assesment of those on the right or was that another generalization that I see so often from the right.

Am I upset? Yes. I lean towards liberal, I am not ashamed of admitting it although the right wants me to be. There are idiots of both sides of the fence, lets not try to lie to ourselves.
                      Last edited by nimrod; 09-14-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Now back to the topic. I wonder what their thoughts may have been seeing the totally nude 5 or 6 year old I saw at the beach.

Pedo's the new witch hunt. Have we learned nothing from history? It all comes down to something that we should look out for being blown out of proportion into an irrational fear.

Comment

Bravo Croydon and Nimrod. You've expressed my sentiments better than I could have. The one thing that really makes me sad in this context is that the hysteria over a topless child can only re-enforce our society's norm that naked=bad. And I wonder why women have so many struggles with body image.

While I may not have figured out that I was a nudiest until last year (all the clues were there, I was just very dense), I at least had parents who, while not nudists, raised me with the notion that casual nudity is completely normal.

Comment

At what point does the sexuality of a child begin? In a word I would have to say no. I believe the decentcy factor starts when the toplessness becomes perverse.

Comment

With responsible parents, let her go topless and be a child, and have fun.
                              Nudeinbama

Comment

Working...
                              X