Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topless Beach May Soon be Unveiled in New Jersey

Topless Beach May Soon be Unveiled in New Jersey

Why don't they go all the way and make it nude?

Re: Topless Beach May Soon be Unveiled in New Jersey

NBC New York: "New Jersey has a nude beach in a remote corner of Sandy Hook, but no 'topless' beach anywhere else along its roughly 140 mile coastline..."
    What??? ALL of New Jersey beaches are 'topless' (for everyone except women)

Comment

Hello !
      I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Comment

Originally posted by donnaj867 View Post
        Hello !
        I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
        The New Jersey beaches welcome ALL!

Comment

When I lived in South Florida I knew lots of people from New Jersey who lived down there for part of the year. I wonder if that's why it looks like Jersey might get a topfree beach. Perhaps people tried topfreedom in South Beach, went back to Jersey and said "I want to be able to do it here too."

Comment

I don't think top free beaches mean much to male nudists

Comment

After reading the article, the same old 'antiness' nonsense is mentioned by prudes. The comments about "some things need to be saved for intimate moments in the bedroom" or "I don't want two daughters exposed to that!" say it all. How will we ever overcome such pervasive resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                I don't think top free beaches mean much to male nudists
                There is an old saying, "you've got to walk before you can run." Topfree is one more step towards total nudity. Most of the girls I've taken to nudist venues start out saying "I don't know if I'll take anything off." Than after a while it's "well maybe the top, but not the bottoms." Than after that "well perhaps the bottoms too, but I'm getting dressed before I stand back up." Than they stand up and walk around naked like they'd been doing it forever.

Comment

Why I Oppose the Asbury Park Topless Beach Proposal

Nudiarist has brought up points I never thought of. A thought provoking piece everyone should read.

Comment

Originally posted by simonsebs View Post
                    Nudiarist has brought up points I never thought of. A thought provoking piece everyone should read.
                    Interesting, and I can understand the concerns expressed about segregation and how the fight should not be for designated areas but every where a man can be topless. I also see how this can be a stepping stone for just that. I say go for it all, but be happy for now with designated areas if that is what you end up with. Later if it is working out well then you can use that to get more areas or everywhere.

Comment

I don't see much chance of this succeeding.

The beach in question is remote, lightly used, not easy to get to, and not surrounded by tourist attractions that bring in Europeans and other tourists who would value a topfree beach. If not for the "senior citizens" tower it would be better suited as an isolated "nudist ghetto" beach.

Look at Miami's South Beach - topfreedom is embraced there because it is good for the international tourist business and businesses want the money. It is allowed precisely because it is the opposite of remote and isolated. If Asbury Park wants a successful beach - they'll take the very best most accessible section and turn that topfree - the section closest to the most cash registers - then business will back the plan and drive public opinion around to supporting it.
                      Naturist Mark
                      Supreme Member
                      Last edited by Naturist Mark; 07-07-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Asbury Park rejects topless beach

Comment

Originally posted by nudiarist
                          I would be interested to hear exactly how you think this topless beach, which was defeated tonight anyway, would have been a stepping stone to anything.
                          Could be a stepping stone, I will not say for certain that it would or would not. But if you have one beach where topfreedom is practiced and had little to no complaints, it could be used as an example of how toplessness is not that big of a deal to get more topless areas or a state wide de-criminalization of topless women. Alot of ifs and it could go either way. A bird in the hand....

If it were me I would fight for a statewide de-criminalization of female toplessness and use other states as an example of how it is not what some think. Even use the fact that just because women can go topless in NY, few if any ever do, but we want the choice open for those that want to without the harrasment by at least law officials.

Comment

I understand why he said it is a bad idea to use it as a stepping stone. However, if this topless beach works out, another may open up, then another, and another until they are common place. Another CO beach may open up, then another, and another...until you get what you want. Sometimes the first step is the hardest.

Comment

As one who has been to Asbury Park, Asbury Park obviously peaked and had it's heydey in the 1950's. The rapid decline started in the 1960's and continues to this day. Asbury Park is NOT the family friendly area that the media claims it to be. Much better places for families exist further down the coast - in Seaside Heights and Island Beach State Park. The Asbury Park city fathers had an opportunity to do something novel but didn't seem to have the political will to do so. As seems to be the case in so many places today, it is far better to continue the trend of decline by maintaining the status quo, then to rock the boat and do something that MAY help to revitalize a community.

I agree that this beach was not presented properly. The issue of a woman's public safety, against the immature (mostly male) weirdos and perverts must be addressed and will cost resources in order to provide additional protection for women. The only viable way to do this would be to charge some kind of fee, and I am not convinced that the city fathers would be prepared to do this. For some reason, they seem to suffer from a bit of tunnel vision and can't seem to be able to look to the immediate north to Gunnison Beach, where enormous amounts of money are generated each Memorial Day to Labor Day season from parking fees. Gunnison Beach is a cash cow for the federal government and even if the feds will never admit it, they know better then to rock that cash cow boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X