Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AANR nudist bill of rights, did you sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AANR nudist bill of rights, did you sign?

http://www.aanr.com/nudist-bill-of-rights

Re: AANR nudist bill of rights, did you sign?

It seems kind of silly to me. What's AANR going to do with it? You'd think they might state that.

I find it interesting that more than half of the signers asserting those 10 'rights', choose to not make their full name visible. That seems pretty disingenuous. John Hancock would be rolling in his grave.

Comment

Right 6 seems to oppose the restrictions which many AANR clubs place on single males.

Comment

I think there are too many vagaries in this and AANR should be clearer. For instance, "to responsibly enjoy nudity within their homes and on private property" - what EXACTLY does that mean? When is it responsible, and when is it not? Similarly, "Nudists have the right to assemble in the nude within appropriate settings" - who decides what are "appropriate settings"? The same applies to "Nudists have the right to responsibly enjoy being nude within appropriate locations on public lands."

I actually support the notion of a Bill of Rights for nudists - you should have one and it should receive official sanction, but this wording appears to suggest that nudists are the ones who should decide for themselves what is and is not responsible or appropriate. No politician is going to subscribe to that as it is, so it needs a re-think in my view if it is to be taken seriously.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu2630 View Post
          I think there are too many vagaries in this and AANR should be clearer. For instance, "to responsibly enjoy nudity within their homes and on private property" - what EXACTLY does that mean? When is it responsible, and when is it not? Similarly, "Nudists have the right to assemble in the nude within appropriate settings" - who decides what are "appropriate settings"? The same applies to "Nudists have the right to responsibly enjoy being nude within appropriate locations on public lands."

I actually support the notion of a Bill of Rights for nudists - you should have one and it should receive official sanction, but this wording appears to suggest that nudists are the ones who should decide for themselves what is and is not responsible or appropriate. No politician is going to subscribe to that as it is, so it needs a re-think in my view if it is to be taken seriously.

Stu
          An "appropriate setting" is anywhere inside your house!

Comment

I think it would be far easier to replace this with a single sentence:

As an example of freedom of expression, simple nudity is treated as any other state of dress and cannot be restricted or punished by law except as required for personal safety.

Comment

In response to the OP: YES, I signed it!

Comment

Come on people, step up and sign zee papers....

Comment

Signed.
                  And yes, I put my full name.

Comment

I doubt the "Nudists' Bill of Rights" was vetted by a lawyer, let alone an editor. "Rights" are not given to specific groups in this way. Things like "the rights of children" or "women's rights" are a clarification or elaboration of general "rights". Conditionality in "rights" is always problematic, even more so if blurring adjectives like "appropriate" get appended. Trying to edit the "nudist rights" into actual rights -- eg. "3. All citizens have the right to be nude within their homes or on their own property... 7. All citizens have the right to be nude on public lands... -- quickly makes it obvious that this "Nudists' Bill of Rights" needs to be re-thought and rewritten from scratch. Try replacing "nudist" with your favourite religious group or political party to see what I mean. Then think about why "gay marriage" has political traction as a right. In another thread, we had quite a long discussion about what kind of right nudity is...

Comment

Congratulations to the non-signers, you are probably crabby people who will live forever! Thanks for your support.

Comment

What is the point? #10 is "Nudists have the right to be treated as law-abiding citizens." So what? So do ex-cons. What is the point?

Comment

Come on you guys...My God! Like anything else it can be a tool for the future! It can mean something with thousands of signatures. AANR is making an effort and many of you can only say negative things!!!! Amazing!

Comment

I gladly signed it, could not hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              I gladly signed it, could not hurt.
                              Thanks!! You are right...couldn't hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X