Naked man captured in retailer photo for kids' clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked man captured in retailer photo for kids' clothes

What should have been an innocent photo of children promoting a French clothing label ended in ridicule on Wednesday after web users noticed a naked man in the background.Fashion chain La Redoute failed to airbrush the naked swimmer from its promotional photo for children's clothes.
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...r-kids-clothes

Re: Naked man captured in retailer photo for kids' clothes

Here's a better screen capture http://www.lefilgrenoblois.com/wp-co...La-Redoute.png

Comment

File that under 'what were they thinking'

Comment

Hey, it's Europe.

Anyway, the kids seem fine. Their clothes look good. It's a great one of a kind action shot with happy expressions. I think they were thinking 'lets go for it'. The advertising department probably didn't see the guy in the background.

Comment

An advertising department "not noticing" something other than what they are shooting? They would have noticed anyone else in the photo and reshot it.

Comment

Wouldn't even need to do a re-shoot, there is a thing called Photoshop that could've easilly been used to edit that guy out. It would've saved the company in that ad alot of ridicule and embarrasment. But to me I see an ad agency that totally is not watching what they're doing and obviously doesn't care about what goes out to the viewing public until of course after the fact.

Comment

I assumed everyone in a picture meant for advertising must have to sign a release in order for the company to use their image for profit. If that us the case, the man in question could have a legal standing for misuse of his image assuming he didn't sign anything. There is no way this could get past everyone. It was either intentional or this was the wrong image that was used last minute before anyone noticed.

Bob S.

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
                An advertising department "not noticing" something other than what they are shooting?...
                It looked like a normal french beach scene to me...

As advertising, well, I wonder how many Aussies had heard of La Redoute before this? A little "ridicule", lots of free publicity, and our abundantly sincere apologies for being, how you say, "too French" about the naturiste swimmer!

Comment

I find it hard to believe that it was an accident. Advertising is previewed by so many departments and personnel it is hard to believe that they missed it. It is also hard to believe that the camera man did not see it in his shot. I feel as though it was a stunt to promote scandle and bring about notice to the company.

Comment

Another thought for it being intentional is that photographers usually take multiple shots and the editors decide which ones to use. I can imagine the photographer didn't see the man in the shot when he took this one, but this wouldn't have been the only shot he did with these kids.

Bob S.

Comment

Naked people in clothing ads is nothing new.

Comment

Really? I too find it hard to believe that this was an accident! If the photographer did not notice then the editors sure should have noticed. I am sure that this picture got alot of "hits" which only brought the company to the attention of more people. On the ohter hand, it would be nice to think that the nudity was so natural that neither the kids nor the photograpy=hy staff seemed to take notice...if only!

Comment

Working...
                        X