Naked Rambler picture at John O'Groats, Steve and Melanie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked Rambler picture at John O'Groats, Steve and Melanie

On the Guardian newspaper front page with the article spilling on to page 2. The photo in the Guardian includes the media snapping away in heavy anoraks.

Steve and Mel picture at John O'Groats:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/country/ar...714260,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/country/ar...714432,00.html

On the Guardian newspaper front page with the article spilling on to page 2. The photo in the Guardian includes the media snapping away in heavy anoraks.

Steve and Mel picture at John O'Groats:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/country/ar...714260,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/country/ar...714432,00.html

Comment

I'm not sure whether their hike has advanced our cause or not; but I have to give it to them: they've lived one heck of an adventure!

Really something to tell their grandkids about one day.

Comment

I didn't hear much about this trip as the initial trip. So maybe his trek was accepted more than the first. Or did I miss something?

Comment

In case anybody wonders, the flag on Steve's rucksack says:
          "The Freedom To Be Yourself"
          That explains the walk.
          See picture above.
          Bushnud

quote:
          Originally posted by Nudony:
          I'm not sure whether their hike has advanced our cause or not; but I have to give it to them: they've lived one heck of an adventure!

Really something to tell their grandkids about one day.

Comment

quote:
            I'm not sure whether their hike has advanced our cause or not

That rather depends what your "cause" is. Mr Gough portrays himself as eccentric, rebellious and somewhat obsessive. Do most people want to associate themselves with people like that? Are they our role models? I don't think so. Did we see a huge upsurge in the numbers of people turning to nudism following his first walk? No we didn't.

He has again proved that if you walk about naked in public, some people will applaud, others will be offended, and you can expect to be arrested lots of times and spend protracted periods in prison.

Stu

Comment

quote:
              That rather depends what your "cause" is. Mr Gough portrays himself as eccentric, rebellious and somewhat obsessive. Do most people want to associate themselves with people like that? Are they our role models?

Hi Stu - welcome back!

It isn't a matter of his being a role model - he isn't. Many don't even consider him a nudist - including many nudists.

Steve Gough is an example to everyone that you can be nude and not cause harm. He has proven that his nudity didn't cause a collapse of the social order, nor did it physically or mentally harm the public.

He has also shown that legal authorities can and will harass, persecute and prosecute peaceful individuals who cause no harm. That will have an effect on the perception of public nudity and the relationship it has with the law. I'd say Mr. Gough's side has come out ahead. I expect Stu disagrees.

Comment

Steve Gough isn't a naturist/nudist, what he does is for the benefit of Steve and no one else, he exercises the "Freedom to be Yourself".

If I could find the photo of Steve and Mel that I took I'd have posted it for all to see, maybe later!!

Pete Knight

Comment

There seems to be four to five separate Category/Topic/Threads on Steve Gough’s [Naked Rambler] naked trek.

F.Y.I. they located at these links: [Some with images]

Follow Steve Gough's Naked Trek "Naked Rambler" Link

Story on Steves Gough's Naked Walk

Link to Naked Walk.org Daily Updates

And Several Links by David77 & others on this page:

Links by David77 and others

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Stu2630:
                    quote:
                    I'm not sure whether their hike has advanced our cause or not

That rather depends what your "cause" is. Mr Gough portrays himself as eccentric, rebellious and somewhat obsessive. Do most people want to associate themselves with people like that? Are they our role models? I don't think so. Did we see a huge upsurge in the numbers of people turning to nudism following his first walk? No we didn't.

He has again proved that if you walk about naked in public, some people will applaud, others will be offended, and you can expect to be arrested lots of times and spend protracted periods in prison.

Stu

This sounds remarkably similar in style to the writings of Brutus.
                    Just an observation, thats all.
                    Bushnud in Oz

Comment

Working...
                    X