Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes please we're British

Today's Times contains the following story:

"A brochure aimed at German readers showing naked people having a sauna in a cruise ship has been changed for the British market to show the same holidaymakers with swimsuits.

A nude man, left, appears in a pair of trunks, right, while the woman lazing next to him has suddenly sported a bikini.

The holiday company Ocean Village said: "The British are a bit more modest about these things and we thought it appropriate to make these changes. We want to appeal to the British market.""

The two pictures (not here) have a side view of a guy and a woman lying face down with a towel over her legs, in the altered photo the man has had a pair of speedos airbrushed on and the woman a bikini top - a sad reflection on the lack of ease most Britons have with their bodies - but 10 years ago people would have had to get on with it, now the politically correct culture has led to the cover up being made.

"A brochure aimed at German readers showing naked people

Comment

Sad isn't it?
      At times like these I'm sorry to be a Brit.

Comment

This reminds me of a play I saw awhile back in London entitled "No Sex Please We're British!".
        It was a comedic farce Tour du force ... just got to love that dry British wit.

Comment

OK, so they falsified to brochure, what happens when a prudish Brit decides to take the cruise then finds loads of naked people in the sauna?

I would suggest that as many nudists as possible e-mail this cruise line and ask what clothing optional facilities they provide, if they say none, tell them you'll look elsewhere. That will get them thinking!!

Pete

Comment

A clever advertising trick that has attracted the media attention in the UK, so much press coverage on this story last week and it did'nt cost the cruise company a penny.

Very clever indeed!! someone is due a bonus!!

Comment

Working...
            X