Yes I'm a Naturist!...get over it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I'm a Naturist!...get over it.

I know I'm 'preaching to the choir' here...but how many of you feel this way, or even too afraid to post a picture (heck non-nude) here due to society's 'branding' of nudists/naturists. My thought on the subject follows:

Yes, I'm a naturist!!!!
    This sure does get people upset. Why is that? Why are people here in the good ol' USA so up tight?
    We espose freedom, yet we are so restrictive in our thoughts as to what is 'offensive'. Political Correctness has turned this country upsidedown. If anything, our so called moral compass only points in one direction. We worry about the unimportant things.
    If our soldiers are killed we think 'what a shame', and continue on. If a child is raped and murdered, we think 'gosh just terrible, hope they catch who ever did it' and then we move on. If we see homeless people suffering, we think...'just terrible' and move on. But if someone has a 'wardrobe malfunction' or Brittany Spears decides to not wear underwear or Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell start calling each other names....stop the presses!!!! Weeks of headlines....people scream...'I'm insulted!'...'I've been harmed'...'ooo my eyes!!'...'I'm going to sue'....quick have a hearing!!!...pass some laws!!!!!
    What an embarassment!

Lets look at some really offensive things that occurred just today...and everyday in the US of A.
    Today 13 million children went hungry.
    Today 260 million pounds of food will be thrown away by the food service industry.
    Today 52,000 people will contract an STD/STI an additional 109 will contract HIV.
    Today 258 women will be raped.
    Today 47 people will be murdered.
    Today 11,000 wild animals will be killed by vehicles.
    Today 554 hectares of wetlands was destroyed.
    Today 593 hectares of forest was cut down.
    So folks...you tell me where the problem is....me being a naturist or the fact that this country seriously has its concerns in the wrong place.

-T

Well said Theo, you are mot the only one who thinks this way. It is good to say it sometimes. I have wondered for many years why such unnatural things as murder and other violent acts are OK for the children (an others) but the human body is a "bad thing".
    Lovr the statistics you stated
    Dan

Comment

Hip...Hip....Theo! Great posting!

Allie
      !

Comment

Enjoyed reading, thanks for standing up and posting this.
        Nudeinbama

Comment

Very well put!

Comment

Well stated!!!!

Comment

I'm ashamed of what we have NOT done to protect the poor and the innocent.
              I cherish my rights to live as I feel, but to see where so many children have gone hungry and so much food was thrown away, we need now, more than ever, to tell our governments,(both local & national) that we will not stand for having our tax dollars and our right as citizens trampled on & demeaned as being a trifle sort, while the few rich conivining @#@*&^ take our money and stuff in their pockets.
              Billions are being spent oversees "to protect our freedom", but yet, we spit upon our poor and ask them to sacrifice so that we may be free.
              Just the way I feel. I am very angry at this type of abdomination that exists in our "society" today.

Comment

By Theo:
                If you need to label yourself as something...call yourself...human. Strip off the restraint (clothes) of society...be yourself!
                A book I've read lists 7 principles for having a powerful immune system. One of them is, "Be yourself", or "Be who you are". That's not allowed in our society, not even here at Clothesfree. When one attempts to be who he is anywhere, bad things quickly happen to him. By trying to live openly and honestly as who I (think I) really am, one gets fired, excommunicated (or exited--from various organizations), beat up, called "brainless", derided, denigrated, "disrespected, disdained, and dismissed".

Recently I found a George Orwell quote that said, "By the time most children are 7 or 8 years old, they have learned not to be honest with adults." One can substitute 'authorities' or 'the powerful' for 'adults' and his saying makes greater sense. Since I'm too soon old and too late smart, it took me a long time to learn what I observed that most of my classmates had learned by the time we were in the second grade. That is that one must be a good liar in order to survive at work or school and succeed in life. One must learn to live a double life. It works as long as I'm anybody other than who I really am, just as long as I'm not myself.

The George Orwell quote was in Brainyquotes.com and was just a few quotes away from this one used at the end of a recent 'Criminal Minds' TV episode, "In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Comment

The first thing that jumped into my mind when seeing your name and and the lucidness of your post was the thought "In the beginning was logic and logic was with Theo...."

As Stephen Covey used to say "common sense isn't very common any more." Same goes for logic, in the sense of common sense.

Comment

Well said Theo. I like your thinking and agree with you 100%

Ralph

Originally posted by Theo:
                    I know I'm 'preaching to the choir' here...but how many of you feel this way, or even too afraid to post a picture (heck non-nude) here due to society's 'branding' of nudists/naturists. My thought on the subject follows:

Yes, I'm a naturist!!!!
                    This sure does get people upset. Why is that? Why are people here in the good ol' USA so up tight?
                    We espose freedom, yet we are so restrictive in our thoughts as to what is 'offensive'. Political Correctness has turned this country upsidedown. If anything, our so called moral compass only points in one direction. We worry about the unimportant things.
                    If our soldiers are killed we think 'what a shame', and continue on. If a child is raped and murdered, we think 'gosh just terrible, hope they catch who ever did it' and then we move on. If we see homeless people suffering, we think...'just terrible' and move on. But if someone has a 'wardrobe malfunction' or Brittany Spears decides to not wear underwear or Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell start calling each other names....stop the presses!!!! Weeks of headlines....people scream...'I'm insulted!'...'I've been harmed'...'ooo my eyes!!'...'I'm going to sue'....quick have a hearing!!!...pass some laws!!!!!
                    What an embarassment!

Lets look at some really offensive things that occurred just today...and everyday in the US of A.
                    Today 13 million children went hungry.
                    Today 260 million pounds of food will be thrown away by the food service industry.
                    Today 52,000 people will contract an STD/STI an additional 109 will contract HIV.
                    Today 258 women will be raped.
                    Today 47 people will be murdered.
                    Today 11,000 wild animals will be killed by vehicles.
                    Today 554 hectares of wetlands was destroyed.
                    Today 593 hectares of forest was cut down.
                    So folks...you tell me where the problem is....me being a naturist or the fact that this country seriously has its concerns in the wrong place.

-T

Comment

Theo - Very well put & said. I agree with you.

Nudist_Edw

Comment

Wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

EXCELLENT!

Comment

Well put, I thought.

Comment

I think it just shows in this society that most people don't mind their business when they should. Yet do mind their business when they shouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X