Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss AIDS awareness campaign

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4769255.stm

The campaign, from the Federal Health Office's Aids prevention section, features fencers and ice hockey players enthusiastically pursuing their sport.

But there is one unexpected difference - all the players are stark naked.

The contrast of healthy flesh and sharp blades is supposed to hammer home the message "no action without protection".
    20 brownie points to whoever finds a web site with more ad samples!

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4769255.stm

quote:
    The campaign, from the Federal Health Office's Aids prevention section, features fencers and ice hockey players enthusiastically pursuing their sport.

But there is one unexpected difference - all the players are stark naked.

The contrast of healthy flesh and sharp blades is supposed to hammer home the message "no action without protection".

20 brownie points to whoever finds a web site with more ad samples!

Comment

Guess this should have gone under "Nudes in the News". Could a moderator reclassify this topic please?

Comment

OK, I get the brownie points.

Downloadable video clips here:
        http://www.lovelife.ch/stopaids.php

Comment

I just saw the ad and thought it was pretty good.

Comment

Great concept and good execution.
            Even more important message.

The most horrific thing about it is it will never been seen on TV, Billboards, etc., in the US ... ok some foreign publications that do not alter their print for American audiences will run it, but most Americans don't read them anyway.

Comment

I just checked out the site, and it's very nicely done. I even downloaded the TV spot that they have. The campaign makes a good point, equating unprotected sex to playing hockey (and other dangerous sports) naked - both are dangerous. It's sad that this will never be seen on American television.

Comment

The ad with the naked fencers states:

"We want to tell people that, just like ice hockey or fencing, you don't have sex naked," says Roger Staub, head of Aids prevention. "You should wear a condom."

History of controversy

This campaign is just the latest in a long line of controversial Aids prevention messages in Switzerland.

Previous campaign catch line:

"Haven't you forgotten something?" was the catch line. "That's it, your condom."

It seems to me that this ad overstates the case. Without a very clear context that they are speaking to people who put themselves at risk for getting AIDS or other STD's -- and that context is not evident -- saying the "you don't have sex naked", and "you must never forget your condom" makes no sense at all. I think a very large percentage of people have always had sex naked with no ill consequences whatsoever. Personally, I have never had sex with my wife any way other than naked and I suspect that the majority of people could say the same. Secondly, without people having sex naked at least sometimes, populations would dwindle to zero.

Comment

Working...
                X