No announcement yet.

Steven Gough has been arrested (again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Gough has been arrested (again!)

Two days after "Naked rambler" Stephen Gough had been cleared of causing a breach of the peace by refusing to cover up his bare body in a public car park.

.....Steven Gough has been arrested (again!), charged with breach of the peace and kept in custody. This time he was trying to get in a taxi whilst barebodied.

Read the story here:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=naked-sho...66633-name_page.html

At least he was free for some of Easter!

Daily Record www.dailyrecord.co.uk
    12 April 2007
    NAKED SHOCK FOR TAXI DRIVER
    A TAXI driver got an eyeful when the Naked Rambler tried to hitch a ride in his cab.
    Ex-marine Stephen Gough had just been cleared of breach of the peace at Edinburgh Sheriff Court when he asked Callum Watt to give him a lift to Saughton Prison.
    The 47-year-old naturist, who has been convicted of exposing himself in public eight times, was rearrested moments later.
    Watt, 44, from Edinburgh, told of his shock when Gough jogged up to his taxi while he was dropping off an elderly passenger in the Grassmarket around 5pm.
    The cabbie said: "I actually recognised the guy straight away - facially. When I asked him where he kept his money, he didn't answer and again asked for a lift.
    "I said if he had a pair of shorts then he could sit quite happily in my taxi but otherwise, no."
    A crowd had gathered, with some taking pictures of Gough on their mobile phones.
    A police van was parked nearby and Gough walked straight over and got in it.
    Watt said: "I would have liked to talk with the chap.
    "In five years I would say he is the strangest passenger that's ever tried to get in my taxi. It certainly brightened my day up."
    Police said Gough was arrested, charged with breach of the peace and kept in custody.
    ------------------------------------------------

Two days after "Naked rambler" Stephen Gough had been cleared of causing a breach of the peace by refusing to cover up his bare body in a public car park.

.....Steven Gough has been arrested (again!), charged with breach of the peace and kept in custody. This time he was trying to get in a taxi whilst barebodied.

Read the story here:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=naked-sho...66633-name_page.html

At least he was free for some of Easter!

Daily Record www.dailyrecord.co.uk
    12 April 2007
    NAKED SHOCK FOR TAXI DRIVER
    A TAXI driver got an eyeful when the Naked Rambler tried to hitch a ride in his cab.
    Ex-marine Stephen Gough had just been cleared of breach of the peace at Edinburgh Sheriff Court when he asked Callum Watt to give him a lift to Saughton Prison.
    The 47-year-old naturist, who has been convicted of exposing himself in public eight times, was rearrested moments later.
    Watt, 44, from Edinburgh, told of his shock when Gough jogged up to his taxi while he was dropping off an elderly passenger in the Grassmarket around 5pm.
    The cabbie said: "I actually recognised the guy straight away - facially. When I asked him where he kept his money, he didn't answer and again asked for a lift.
    "I said if he had a pair of shorts then he could sit quite happily in my taxi but otherwise, no."
    A crowd had gathered, with some taking pictures of Gough on their mobile phones.
    A police van was parked nearby and Gough walked straight over and got in it.
    Watt said: "I would have liked to talk with the chap.
    "In five years I would say he is the strangest passenger that's ever tried to get in my taxi. It certainly brightened my day up."
    Police said Gough was arrested, charged with breach of the peace and kept in custody.
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Who complained, and who peace did he breach?

Doesn't read like the taxi driver did? He said "I would have liked to talk with the chap."

Can Police make their own comlaint for them selves to justify arrest.

Reads as if the "Naked Rambler" just walked up to the nearby police van and got in.

Comment

He must be conditioned to do that!

Cheaper than a taxi!

Now what?

Comment

When are they going to give the guy a break... just let him do his hike.

On a side note, does he even carry a towel for sitting? Could he have used that in a taxi or does he not carry one with him?

Comment

The taxi driver wanted to chat with him but he wouldn't let him sit naked on the seats. From what I under stand crowds gathered taking cell phone pictures and that’s when he took off directly to the police van and got in it.

I imagine someone called the police and mentioned a nude guy causing some commotion. They were probably already in the area knowing they would probably take him back again.

All he would have to do is carry one towel and wrap it around himself till he gets out of high density area. The UK and Scotland doesn’t have that many months of 24 hour weather where one can nude all the time. He is making the government his room and board, and HMO. He is pushing the limits three months at a time. I can think of other ways of enjoying nudity 24/7 without the jailhouse being home.

Comment

Working...
            X