Nudist facility seeking younger members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudist facility seeking younger members

I'm sure this is elsewhere, since it comes from an Associated Press report, but I'm posting it from the site it was found on, which is a Macon, Georgia CBS affiliate. Please don't mistake the comments made in the comment section for the typical individual in Georgia - not everyone is a closed-minded dork.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local_sto...?storyid=40673

Nudist Colony Seeking Young Members

Last Update:7/5/2007 1:18:03 PM
    Web Editor: Jake Wade

WORLEY, Idaho (AP) -- Nudists are looking for more young bodies.

The Sun Meadow nudist resort in Worley, Idaho, has a deal for people under 35. The usual membership costs $300 per year, but the younger set gets a 20-percent, "non-senior" discount.

About 200 naked people are vacationing at Sun Meadow during this holiday week, as part of the 61st annual convention of northwest nudists. They're enjoying such activities as volleyball, music and even tamale making in the buff.

Comments:

mary (07/05/07)
    it sounds like they are soliciting....obviously these people have issues.that they feel they have to run around naked to prove a point.my question is what point are they trying to prove??????

j (07/05/07)
    I'd like to see them frying bacon. I'd pay to watch that.

Lisa (07/05/07)
    and were you born with clothes on... no you were not. nudist are everyday people like you and me. this is a dentist in warner robins who happens to be a nudist. think about that the next time someone is working on your mouth, you'll never know. if you dont like it, dont look. theres nothing wrong. the older men are nasty and so are the older woman, but as you get older you sag. my grandfather was a nudist. i actaully prefer it, you dont have to waste time thinking what you're going to wear. the animals are nude, why not people.

mary (07/05/07)
    lisa, what does being born without clothes have to do with it??? and i never said they were not nice people either.just because we all come into this world naked,does not mean we have to run around like that when we are adult's.but it does sound like they are soliciting for more young people to join them.heck they even lowered the price.

Lee (07/06/07)
    well Lisa,thats why the hospital put you on a diaper and a t-shirt

Greg (07/06/07)
    Wow! Calm down! Nude is good! If people want to get together and be nude, so be it! I wish there was a place around here that people could do the same thing! If you don't agree with it, don't go to a nudist colony.

Kevin (07/06/07)
    there is nothing wrong with a nudist colony. The price is a little steep.I wonder what the 300.00 dollars incurs? I cant imagine sitting at a table eating lunch or supper without clothes on. I guess, dont knock it if you hadnt tried it.

david (07/06/07)
    Nude Dancing returns to 2025A Emory Hwy sooner than later. Nude not Lewd is the word!

Chris (07/06/07)
    Hey I always heard if you've got it... show it. If I had it, I probably would, but there is not many who would want to see me. HA HA

CJ (07/06/07)
    I think I'm completely grossed out now...

Jeff (07/07/07)
    Nudist Colony, I think not. As stated in the body of the article it's a “Nudist Resort”. My wife and I, being nudist for about 5 years now, can attest that these people that choose to cast away the worldly outer covering and be one with themselves and nature are some of the truest people you will ever meet. The ages range from 0-100 and are from all walks of life. The parents are just as watchful of their children at a nudist resort just as they would be anywhere and being a close community the children are watched by all and are probably much safer in this community than anywhere else a group of people gather. Nude is not lude. You can be lude anywhere you want to be, but I can tell you that lude behavior is NOT tolerated at any of the nudist resorts that I have knowledge of. You can be fit or fat, small or rubinesque and no one looks at you and judges you for the way you look, we look past all that nonsense. If you have ever wondered about having a clothes free vacation or a weekend getaway, contact A.A.N.R. www.aanr.com for information about a nudist resort near you. Keep an open mind about yours and others body acceptance and have a good time meeting people from all walks of life.

Ed (07/07/07)
    I thought they were no longer nudists, but naturists.

david (07/07/07)
    Many folks at nudist resorts are fat and ugly. This isn't the case at most Nude Bars.

Ed (07/07/07)
    Perhaps they're looking for a few upstanding young men.

Jenny (07/07/07)
    I bet the kids are watched there....right to the point that John Doe Pedophile gets his eyes full and pops into a restroom...point taken jeff?? I do not think children should be allowed...regardless if the parents want them to be.

Jenny (07/07/07)
    Children at a nudist resort?? I am sure children are watched there jeff....how do you know if John Doe Pedophile is there watching these children???

I'm sure this is elsewhere, since it comes from an Associated Press report, but I'm posting it from the site it was found on, which is a Macon, Georgia CBS affiliate. Please don't mistake the comments made in the comment section for the typical individual in Georgia - not everyone is a closed-minded dork.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local_sto...?storyid=40673

Nudist Colony Seeking Young Members

Last Update:7/5/2007 1:18:03 PM
    Web Editor: Jake Wade

WORLEY, Idaho (AP) -- Nudists are looking for more young bodies.

The Sun Meadow nudist resort in Worley, Idaho, has a deal for people under 35. The usual membership costs $300 per year, but the younger set gets a 20-percent, "non-senior" discount.

About 200 naked people are vacationing at Sun Meadow during this holiday week, as part of the 61st annual convention of northwest nudists. They're enjoying such activities as volleyball, music and even tamale making in the buff.

Comments:

mary (07/05/07)
    it sounds like they are soliciting....obviously these people have issues.that they feel they have to run around naked to prove a point.my question is what point are they trying to prove??????

j (07/05/07)
    I'd like to see them frying bacon. I'd pay to watch that.

Lisa (07/05/07)
    and were you born with clothes on... no you were not. nudist are everyday people like you and me. this is a dentist in warner robins who happens to be a nudist. think about that the next time someone is working on your mouth, you'll never know. if you dont like it, dont look. theres nothing wrong. the older men are nasty and so are the older woman, but as you get older you sag. my grandfather was a nudist. i actaully prefer it, you dont have to waste time thinking what you're going to wear. the animals are nude, why not people.

mary (07/05/07)
    lisa, what does being born without clothes have to do with it??? and i never said they were not nice people either.just because we all come into this world naked,does not mean we have to run around like that when we are adult's.but it does sound like they are soliciting for more young people to join them.heck they even lowered the price.

Lee (07/06/07)
    well Lisa,thats why the hospital put you on a diaper and a t-shirt

Greg (07/06/07)
    Wow! Calm down! Nude is good! If people want to get together and be nude, so be it! I wish there was a place around here that people could do the same thing! If you don't agree with it, don't go to a nudist colony.

Kevin (07/06/07)
    there is nothing wrong with a nudist colony. The price is a little steep.I wonder what the 300.00 dollars incurs? I cant imagine sitting at a table eating lunch or supper without clothes on. I guess, dont knock it if you hadnt tried it.

david (07/06/07)
    Nude Dancing returns to 2025A Emory Hwy sooner than later. Nude not Lewd is the word!

Chris (07/06/07)
    Hey I always heard if you've got it... show it. If I had it, I probably would, but there is not many who would want to see me. HA HA

CJ (07/06/07)
    I think I'm completely grossed out now...

Jeff (07/07/07)
    Nudist Colony, I think not. As stated in the body of the article it's a “Nudist Resort”. My wife and I, being nudist for about 5 years now, can attest that these people that choose to cast away the worldly outer covering and be one with themselves and nature are some of the truest people you will ever meet. The ages range from 0-100 and are from all walks of life. The parents are just as watchful of their children at a nudist resort just as they would be anywhere and being a close community the children are watched by all and are probably much safer in this community than anywhere else a group of people gather. Nude is not lude. You can be lude anywhere you want to be, but I can tell you that lude behavior is NOT tolerated at any of the nudist resorts that I have knowledge of. You can be fit or fat, small or rubinesque and no one looks at you and judges you for the way you look, we look past all that nonsense. If you have ever wondered about having a clothes free vacation or a weekend getaway, contact A.A.N.R. www.aanr.com for information about a nudist resort near you. Keep an open mind about yours and others body acceptance and have a good time meeting people from all walks of life.

Ed (07/07/07)
    I thought they were no longer nudists, but naturists.

david (07/07/07)
    Many folks at nudist resorts are fat and ugly. This isn't the case at most Nude Bars.

Ed (07/07/07)
    Perhaps they're looking for a few upstanding young men.

Jenny (07/07/07)
    I bet the kids are watched there....right to the point that John Doe Pedophile gets his eyes full and pops into a restroom...point taken jeff?? I do not think children should be allowed...regardless if the parents want them to be.

Jenny (07/07/07)
    Children at a nudist resort?? I am sure children are watched there jeff....how do you know if John Doe Pedophile is there watching these children???

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by NewAndNude:

I wonder what interest a TV station from Georgia has in a nudist resort in the Idaho panhandle?

Since I'm only about 40 milies from Sun Meadeows, I added the following comment to their web site: "The sight of a human body has never turned anyone to stone. Laws prohibiting general nudity make no sense. People should be able to swim naked, hike naked, walk naked, or do whatever with clothed or not as they choose. It's really none of the state's business what outfit your fashion sense tells you to wear or not to wear. Paying $300 to belong to a retreat to exscape some sort of police state regulation of bodies and clothing is much too high. If we see someone swimming naked in Couer d'Alene or boating naked, so what? It hurts me not. If someone is putting gas in his/her car wearing nothing but a sun hat and sandals, so what? It neither breaks my arm nor empties my purse. But, as Jefferson once observed, no man's life or purse is safe while the legislature is in session. If someone sees sexual perversion from human bodies it's in his/her own mind. Bodies are as natural as living. Everybody has one, and they are basically all the same, safe, and not harmful to adults, children, dogs, or other living beings. Blessings; Bob"

Comment

I've started some threads on college groups in MySpace asking the grand questions about nudism. "Why" or "Why not". The replies seem to be similar. A little more "live and let live" in the college crowd I guess, but also a little more superficiality.

I don't really understand how some people can't even imagine doing anything without clothes on, and how some of them feel a group of people naked miles away is a threat. I feel bad for them.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Bobx23456:
          [QUOTE]
          I wonder what interest a TV station from Georgia has in a nudist resort in the Idaho panhandle? "

They don't. The site picks up on AP reports for its Web version; this was simply another AP report which was available at the time. That's why I made sure to mention it was AP. I'm sure if you searched, you'd fine the same story in almost every other state available to the 'net.

Comment

Working...
          X