The Ugly American - A New Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ugly American - A New Twist

Someone please tell me, we're not all this stupid!

Naked U.S. tourist shocks German city
    American's stroll in the buff attracts attention, police
    Reuters
    Updated: 10:24 a.m. CT May 22, 2007
    BERLIN - A naked American tourist raised eyebrows when he went for a walk through a German city and told police he thought this was acceptable behavior in Germany.

"We have been having unusually hot weather here lately but, all the same, we can't have this," a spokesman for police in the southern city of Nuremberg said on Tuesday. "The man said he thought walking around naked was tolerated in Germany."

Many Germans enjoy nude sunbathing which is allowed in public parks. The 41-year-old was carrying his clothes in a bag when police stopped him on Monday evening after complaints from pedestrians.

The tourist was not under the influence of drugs, said police. They made him get dressed and pay a 200 euro ($269) deposit pending his investigation for indecent behavior.

Someone please tell me, we're not all this stupid!

Naked U.S. tourist shocks German city
    American's stroll in the buff attracts attention, police
    Reuters
    Updated: 10:24 a.m. CT May 22, 2007
    BERLIN - A naked American tourist raised eyebrows when he went for a walk through a German city and told police he thought this was acceptable behavior in Germany.

"We have been having unusually hot weather here lately but, all the same, we can't have this," a spokesman for police in the southern city of Nuremberg said on Tuesday. "The man said he thought walking around naked was tolerated in Germany."

Many Germans enjoy nude sunbathing which is allowed in public parks. The 41-year-old was carrying his clothes in a bag when police stopped him on Monday evening after complaints from pedestrians.

The tourist was not under the influence of drugs, said police. They made him get dressed and pay a 200 euro ($269) deposit pending his investigation for indecent behavior.

Comment

Not ALL of us are as stupid as that a$$wipe. I grew up in a tourist area and am not surprised at how some clods behave.

Comment

Thanks for the interesting topic-usmc1
        (and my fellow Dallas Cowboy fan).

Perhaps,the fellow should argue that he did not know where the public park area had ended and where the street had begun.

Comment

The story didn't spectifically state that he was at a public park in the first place. If he was, then I'm sure he would have gotten off a little bit easier.

It's apparent he just decided for himself that nudity was accepted in Germany. I guess he was wrong. At least he was able to pay a 'deposit' and let go instead of taken to the slammer. Here, you are taken to the slammer, then post a bond to get out. Oh well. Let's see what happens.

Comment

He thought this was acceptable? Amazing the guy could have done a little research. Wow I know they are tolerant in europe especially Germany but this guy was dumber than average, I hope.

Comment

This same guy is probably just as big of an idiot here at home too...LOL

Comment

Working...
              X