College Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Students

Our local club here in CT...Solair has been doing half price and specials in order to attrack new members. Well it made a news story in our local paper and Dr. Surferdude himself is quoted in the article. Good going Sam.

great! avalon was doing the same during the winter months since business is slow. it's nice they gave people a break. thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

The story can be found here:

Nudist

Comment

That is a very kind gesture from Solair.

Consitering lack of cash was a primary reason why I could only visit resorts 1-2 times in a year.

Comment

Excellent! I knew I enjoyed nudism in college, but I didn't have this type of outlet and the Internet was really just beginning. I think this outreach and promotion is a big help to people out there searching for an invitation, way to get started, informational, etc.

Comment

Looky what I found as the #5 "Most Popular" news story on Yahoo this afternoon: Nudists seek to attract younger members

Comment

Regarding the storyNudists seek to attract younger members I think the main reason that the younger generations are not joining AANR and other organizations is that joining any type of organization is not what they want to do. If you look at the Elks, Moose, VFW, Rotary club, and all those organizations which used to be really lively fifty years ago are now dominated by the over 55 crowd just as AANR and the Naturist society. I'm not sure of the solution for the non-joining nature of the younger generations, nudist or non nudist.

Comment

If you are 18-30 and a nudist, and you want to make a difference in the nudist community so that there are more younger folks, you MUST check out this link below.

As a member of the leadership team, along with DoctorSurferDude, we promise this will be a great event. Join the Nude Revolution!!!

http://clothesfreeforums.com/eve/for...2/m/6660083984

Comment

Originally posted by richinoregon:
                  Regarding the storyNudists seek to attract younger members I think the main reason that the younger generations are not joining AANR and other organizations is that joining any type of organization is not what they want to do. If you look at the Elks, Moose, VFW, Rotary club, and all those organizations which used to be really lively fifty years ago are now dominated by the over 55 crowd just as AANR and the Naturist society. I'm not sure of the solution for the non-joining nature of the younger generations, nudist or non nudist.
                  A couple of years ago at the AANR East mid winter meeting at Avalon, there was a speaker from YPB&R, the PR/Marketing firm representing
                  AANR. The above statement has been verified by a ton of statistical market research....simply put, GenX and Millenium Generation are just NOT joiners, and as a statistical group generally avoid being "labeled." For the most part, many of these people, individually, have no problems with social nudism, they simply don't want to have a label--Nudist.

Walt Iliff

Comment

This same article also showed up today 5/14/07 in the local paper of Port Huron Michigan, The Time Herald.

Comment

A couple of years ago at the AANR East mid winter meeting at Avalon, there was a speaker from YPB&R, the PR/Marketing firm representing
                      AANR. The above statement has been verified by a ton of statistical market research....simply put, GenX and Millenium Generation are just NOT joiners, and as a statistical group generally avoid being "labeled." For the most part, many of these people, individually, have no problems with social nudism, they simply don't want to have a label--Nudist.
                      I've noticed this too. I was at the Solair college day, and I think it went very well considering. About 11 new people in the 20-40 group showed up that day (I'm 31, but I am already an associate member). In talking to some of them I got exactly that sort of sense though. They wanted to be able to choose to go or not as they saw fit, and not have to worry about things like membership. I think many younger people see going naked as a nice choice to have, more so than any sort of lifestyle of movement. I do wish the legal and political situation around here allowed that to be true.

Solair tries to get people onto an AANR membership track right away, asking you to talk with a membership person your first 4 visits, and some people are eager to, while some balk. While I understand they need memberships to keep the place going, maybe it may work better to not make as much of a point of it on the first visit, and then on the second visit try and gauge if someone is interested.

That article about attracting younger nudists has gotten really good coverage around here. Hopefully that gets more people in the gates for them, and doesn't invite any controversy. Some people may be happy becoming members, some may be happy making the occasional spur of the moment visit and don't want a little card saying they are a nudist. Both have to pay gate fees just the same, and in time the occasional visitor may want to join up, so I hope both can be accommodated.

Comment

My girlfriend and I were just discussing this. We were on our way back from the 1st anniversary and Spring Art Festival at Mira Vista. We ended up leaving after only a couple of hours because we were so bored. We spent more time on the drive than the event.

We felt like we were at a retirement community. Don't get me wrong, I get along great with all generations and am very respectful of my eldors but I can only listen to the way things were stories so many times in a day without getting a word in before I start getting bored with the conversations. We're starting to think that the social nudist resort scene is not for us and is more of a retirement age activity. Every once in a while we will find some people we have enough in common with to keep a conversation but its rare.

We like relaxing by the pool but we also like to get up and do something outside of tennis and swimming there really isn't much to do at most of the resorts we've been to so far. We've tried the local non-landed club in hopes of more outdoor activities but it just seems to be more of the same, sitting around someone's pool with a much older crowd talking about the good old days. I would love to try and start our own club catering to a more active crowd but with two very busy non-nudist kids, full-time jobs and lack of funds its not really an option right now.

We recently joined AANR West in hopes it lead us to more active nudist events within our geographic reach. There hasn't been much yet but we are going to attend the Summer Fest. at DeAnza in hopes to find a younger crowd and more things to do.

Comment

As a 57 year old thirtysomething I find sitting around with "older" people whose sole
                          subjects of conversation are "the good old days", the failings of the "younger generation"
                          and their own often exaggerated and imagined ailments unappealing-boring, yes I will use that word-especially when those ailments are cause by a sedentary and over indulgent lifestyle.
                          And there is the "anti-single/anti-single man
                          bias" that so many clothes-free/optional resorts practice. Part of the college experience
                          is the chance to meet new people, especially of the opposite sex, then to expect such people to
                          move to a milieu where the single person, espcially the single male, is regarded with suspicion and derision-does anyone think they will attract new business with that attitude?

Comment

I'm over 60 and I agree completely with Bare in the Desert and riptidenj. I've spent years trying to get nudists off their behinds by the pool and out on a trail somewhere. So many of the club nudists' idea of a hot time is to sit all afternoon by the pool or hot tub and talk about having a good time. I get so bored after a few minutes. I've never been able to lie in the sun all afternoon. Give me a backpack and a trail up a mountain, a path to the hot springs and back the overland route. Take a canoe out in the moonlight or go water skiing. Do something, ANYTHING!

Resorts tend to favor sedentary vacationers, people who can arrive at the resort and sit there for a week. I guess that's the nature of a resort. Maybe I'm just not good at tennis.

Don't count all us old guys out. Lots of the sedentary folks have been that way since they were young. I still don't know what it would take to get some life in the party, but maybe a half dozen active members could start a trend.

Blessings

Bob

Comment

One thing I have noticed at nude beaches is more and more it seems that the college age visitors don't get naked. The larger the group, the less likely they are to be nude. They are not likely to join a club or pay to visit a resort.

Comment

Working...
                              X