Complaints about child taking part in Naked Bike Ride in Brighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaints about child taking part in Naked Bike Ride in Brighton

CONCERNS have been raised after reports that a girl as young as eight took part in a naked bike ride event.
    Onlookers who contacted The Argus reported seeing the girl, aged about "eight or nine", taking part in the Brighton Naked Bike Ride on Sunday.
    Chris Holmes, who contacted this newspaper through Facebook, said it was "unacceptable".
    He said: "The fact there was an eight or nine-year-old girl on her bike completely naked shocked me beyond words.
    "I spoke to the organisers, who seemed to think this was fine."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/13333...e_in_Brighton/

Oddly these people think a child in such a situation is in danger because they are naked. In fact they could hardly be safer. However, perhaps we should be taking down names of those 'concerned citizens' most certain that a naked child is somehow irresistible even when surrounded by family members and protective fellow participants. Those people may be revealing a compulsion they might act upon when a child is in a less protected situation.

Comment

So true Mark. I've often thought that those speaking the loudest about such things ... have some serious skeletons in the closet.

Comment

FireProf, that is so true and is too often proven by political and spiritual leaders. BTW it also seems many nudity confining laws specifically exempt kids under 8 or 10.

Comment

As the saying goes, "...the squeaky wheel gets the grease...", even though they may be the minority. It's sad the voice of the very few, make their voices loud enough to cause havoc in everyday activities, thus changing the way things are done, even though this event is an annual (traditional) event.

Comment

I just got home from WNBR Madison Wisconsin. We had a child in the ride, maybe 4 years old. No one said anything..........yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nudeM View Post
              As the saying goes, "...the squeaky wheel gets the grease...", even though they may be the minority. It's sad the voice of the very few, make their voices loud enough to cause havoc in everyday activities, thus changing the way things are done, even though this event is an annual (traditional) event.
              That's a good point! It's funny how such a small number of people can cause so much trouble!

Ken Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
                I just got home from WNBR Madison Wisconsin. We had a child in the ride, maybe 4 years old. No one said anything..........yet.
                That's good to hear, but don't be surprised if you hear something down the road. I hope nothing is said though. As the saying goes, always a critic!

Ken Palmer
                Last edited by Ken Palmer; 06-21-2015, 12:41 AM. Reason: left out a point

Comment

Originally posted by FireProf View Post
                  So true Mark. I've often thought that those speaking the loudest about such things ... have some serious skeletons in the closet.
                  It could be also that the person or people complaining could be possibly against the entire idea or concept of the Naked World Bike Ride, or they are not nudists themselves and are trying to find a reason to attack and maybe discourage or hinder the event in the future. And maybe again, it could be possible they were simply uncomfortable at the sight of a naked child participating in this event. As you can see, the possibilities are endless in regards to this.

Ken Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
                    Oddly these people think a child in such a situation is in danger because they are naked. In fact they could hardly be safer. However, perhaps we should be taking down names of those 'concerned citizens' most certain that a naked child is somehow irresistible even when surrounded by family members and protective fellow participants. Those people may be revealing a compulsion they might act upon when a child is in a less protected situation.
                    This is also the case of a child or children at a nudist club/resort or at a nudist beach. Chances are, they have more protection there than at some non-nudist venue. It's almost a guarantee. What parent or legal guardian in their right mind would let their child be in such an environment without watchful and protecting eyes set upon them? As stated already, chances are these are non-nudists/naturists who are voicing these complaints simply because they don't understand or like our concept/philosophy or don't care to. More than likely, their minds are made up and/or they have formed their own opinions about the matter. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong here!

Ken Palmer

Comment

Working...
                    X