• Labyrinth

Has anyone walked a labyrinth naked?

If so, where? Indoors or outside?

WN

Has anyone walked a labyrinth naked?

If so, where? Indoors or outside?

WN

Comment

Does a maze cut into a corn field count?

Every other year the local Scots Heritage Society puts on The AMAZING MAIZE MAZE in the fall and after it closes to the public at night quite a few naked strollers can be found trying to find their way out ... it gets especially fun when the torches go out before they find their way.

Comment

Originally posted by nacktman:
        Does a maze cut into a corn field count?

Every other year the local Scots Heritage Society puts on The AMAZING MAIZE MAZE in the fall and after it closes to the public at night quite a few naked strollers can be found trying to find their way out ... it gets especially fun when the torches go out before they find their way.
        Are you using torch in the British sense, e.g.- Flashlight? Or do people actually wander around with flaming torches in a field of corn stalks? (Fire Hazard!!)

Take Care & Wander Around Bare,
        David
        Last edited by D-TX; 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM. Reason: Fixing "quotes", they didn't transition well to the new forum.

Comment

[QUOTE]
          Or do people actually wander around with flaming torches in a field of corn stalks? (Fire Hazard!!)

Yes, someone could get "kilt".

Sorry, couldn't resist.
          Me bad, and I am Scottish, also!!!!!

Comment

Does walking naked around my cluttered house after dark with it full of crazy ferrets count?

Comment

Nope D-TX they're the good ol'Scots kind of torches with dancing flames on the end of'em.

Nu, no you didn't just say what I thought you said, you just had to go there didn't you!

Comment

I'm sure alot of naked people did at this year's Burning Man Flipside (that Austin burn) as my friend set up a labyrinth and put a sign out encouraging people to do it nude.

Comment

Thanks for your response, Nacktman.

Well, a maze is different from a labyrinth, and serves a different purpose. A labyrinth is full of turns and gets closer to center and farther away again ... so one gets frustrated while walking it, perhaps, but you can't take a wrong turn. Eventually you get to center, then you have to get back out: and you go the way you came.

A maze has dead ends and wrong turns.

I think a labyrinth -- or maze -- cut into a corn field, so you don't see who else is walking the course is an interesting idea. And of course, to do it naked ... I think it's interesting that you 've encountered folks who do it naked, although, it sounds, they do it without sanction. Sounds neat to do it at night, by torchlight. Sounds like it could be scary after its totally dark.

Ever thought of doing it naked?

Thanks.

WN

Comment

Thanks, Rabid: If your house is anywhere close to as cluttered as mine, it counts for a great deal -- especially in the dark, and with ferrets.

WN

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Hooked:
                      I'm sure alot of naked people did at this year's Burning Man Flipside (that Austin burn) as my friend set up a labyrinth and put a sign out encouraging people to do it nude.

Thanks, Hooked. I might have known that there would have been a labyrinth set up at Burning Man. And if it was at Burning Man, I'd expect more than just a few people to walk it naked. From your post, should I assume you didn't walk it?

I wonder about the experience: a walking meditation, and naked; it would seem to appeal to people who do yoga naked (as I do).

WN

Comment

Write is correct. With a labyrinth, there is one way in and the same way out. They were used in medieval times to simulate a Christian's journey to Jerusalem. Those who could not actually go to the Holy Land made a pilgrimage instead to a cathedral where they could walk a labyrinth and take the meditative journey to its center.

I love walking the labyrinth, and, every time I do, I wish that I could do it nude.

Comment

Our church offers a labyrinth walk every month. We keep intending to try it, but so far we haven't gotten around to it.

However labyrinths are not exclusive to Christians. They have appeared in many religions over a very long time.

Comment

True ... I did not mean for my post to imply otherwise ... was simply speaking from my own tradition ...

Comment

Ha !! Yea the ferrets are the most difficult obstical in any labyrinth where they suddenly move to the most impossible places to miss !

Comment

Working...
                              X