Adam & Eve: WHAT IF????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam & Eve: WHAT IF????

How about none of the above. At some point, someone would have done something they weren't supposed to.

There is also the matter of the need for clothing in cold climates, so there is no reason to assume that nudity as the standard would have remained constant across the globe.

Comment

So, where did they get the thread to sew the fig leaves? The needle?

Comment

"I have SEWED sackcloth upon my skin, and defiled my horn in the dust." -- Job 16:15
        ....Moses, I think, same author. The Hebrew definitions of many words in the bible are betrayed by english translation and usage. Certainly Job, in this text, didn't SEW sackcloth onto his skin with a needle and thread, he kind of wrapped himself in it, drapped and/or affixed this covering to his body.

Adam and Eve "affixed" fig leaves to their body.

Comment

Where would we be?

Well....there would be no sin. There would be no war, no lust, no concept of shame and really no concept of "naked". Adam and Eve would still be alive, and unaged. There wouldn't be such thing as a cold climate, since that came after the flood. So we would all be warm and naked, although none of us would know what naked meant.

What I wonder is.... would there have been any reason to procreate? If God walked among us and created us from dust/dirt, and if we never died as a result of sin....why would we have any reason to ensure the survival of our genes?

Comment

I could be wrong here...but wouldn't that mean that none of us here would exist? Didn't the ability to procreate come after the "fall"?

Comment

I don't think there would have been a male and female if procreation wasn't part of the plan.

Genisis 1:27-28:

So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ_KC:
                How about none of the above. At some point, someone would have done something they weren't supposed to.

There is also the matter of the need for clothing in cold climates, so there is no reason to assume that nudity as the standard would have remained constant across the globe.

The first part of your reply comment, I have to agree with you MJ_KC, on the fact that this can more likely happen from the descendants of Adam and Eve. Although, the tree of good and bad only effect the one's who partake of it's fruit. So let's say hypthetically specking, that Adam decided not to eat upon the fruit, that Eve offer him and Eve just ate it alone. Will God punish both of them or would God only past judgment upon Eve. I am pretty sure, that God would just make another female or vice versa.
                So the point, that I am try to get at here. If one of the descendants of Adam & Eve, eventually did partake of that tree, I am pretty sure that as long as it's not everyone on the planet, God will only punish the partakers. Please remember, that Adam and Eve at that time was the only people on earth, so everyone was punish.
                Then again, who's to say that it wouldn't be possible for God to remove the tree of good and bad, if after Adam and Eve rejected from eating from it's fruits. Considering this was a test, that Adam and Eve fail.

Now as for your second reply, for the need of clothing in cold climates. I thought that the bible mention that "their eyes began to open", which in return they felt ashamed of their nakedness.
                Example:

Just like all nudists/naturists today, we all would put on the right attire of clothing to keep our bodies warm. Although, the majority of naturists today, are not ashamed of our bodies, because if we were ashamed why then go nude. So likewise, if Adam and Eve didn't sin, I think their descendants will pretty much be naturists.

whitestokes.

Comment

B.S. It's a MYTH people; one barbaric tribal legend amoung many many.

Not possessing the empirically verifiable knowledge of the world we now have (thanks to Science) they had an excuse for their ignorant beliefs.
                  What's yours?

I guess the "Sin" theory of disease trumps the "germ" theory huh doc.
                  What we need is a workable homeopathic solution to delusion; but then that would be too ironic I guess.
                  b.l.

Comment

Did not Jesus die for our sins? I could be wrong but I was taught that God sacrficed His only son to absolve us of the original sin, which Adam and Eve perpretrated by eating the forbiden fruit, so that we could be born into grace. If this is the case would we not live forever and have no shame, war, etc.. Or should we blame it all on Pandora for opening the box letting out all of the woes of the world. I am just curious.

Comment

With this comment I am saying here, I don't mean to offend my mother, my sister, my female cousins, my grandmothers, my wife,all my female friends and all the women on the face of this earth.

I think if Adam did not act/feel lonely in paradise, God will not create a woman. If only Adam had been happy just living with those animals in that perfectly beautiful paradise, there is no need to exist a woman. But then look what happened, he felt lonely hence this Eve suddenly were created. And look what happened? it was actually that woman who caused the downfall of Adam. It was she who actually took the first bite of that forbidden fruit and just tempted Adam to bite too.

I believed in the saying that woman is a mans weakness and downfall.

I work in a job wherein there are lots of women.
                      And guess what? who complains a lot, who nags, who whins,who chats, who gossips? WOMAN.

Again, as I mentioned earlier, I don't mean to offend nobody. This is just my opinion. And my opinion does'nt mean better than yours or yours better than mine.

Comment

If Adam and Eve never sinned we would all be in the garden of Eden. Not only would there be no clothes there would be no work, pain, sorrow, or death. It was Heaven on Earth. Pain and mortality were put on us after the fall. There is no reason to think Adam and Eve didn't procreate in Eden, or at least that they could have. The Bible is silent as to when Cain, Abel, and others were conceived and then born. It might have been in Eden.

Comment

Baron Lake.... We all decide to place our faith in something and we assign into our conciousness what we decide to be "Truth".

I am well studied in the realm of science, but in my life the Bible trumps any theory of science. Science is as solid as the molecules that make it.

So you place your faith in Science and question the Bible.

I place my faith in the Bible and question Science.

It's a choice, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorSurferDude:
                            Baron Lake.... We all decide to place our faith in something and we assign into our conciousness what we decide to be "Truth".

I am well studied in the realm of science, but in my life the Bible trumps any theory of science. Science is as solid as the molecules that make it.

quote:
                            So you place your faith in Science and question the Bible.

I place my faith in the Bible and question Science.well said doc...i place my faith in me,if i do wrong,then im to blame.and only i can make it right....thats all
                            It's a choice, either way.

Comment

How timely. I have been giving Adam and Eve a lot of thought lately. Tell me what you think:

It seems to me that when God asked "Who told you that you were naked?", it was a rhetorical question. We all should know the answer: Satan. Who told them that they should cover up? Satan.

All through the Bible, Satan seems to be looking for ways to convince Man to turn on God or His creations. I ask myself what the most wonderful creation of God is and I say Man. What, then, would delight Satan more than to convince him/her that God's most wonderful creation is sinful/ugly/naughty/shameful? I think Satan rolls in laughter whenever someone calls the human body shameful, etc.

How would you feel if you created something that you felt was truly beautiful but someone else convinced everyone else that it was sinful/ugly/naughty/shameful and should be hidden?

Does that all make sense?

Stay nude.

BG

Comment

Working...
                              X