Nude Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude Funeral

I wonder if anyone has been to or seen or heard of a totally nude funeral? We came into this world naked, why not go back to the earth nude?

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. With out clothes.

I want to be buried naked. Nothing worse than spending eternity in textiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid_Clam:
      I wonder if anyone has been to or seen or heard of a totally nude funeral? We came into this world naked, why not go back to the earth nude?

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. With out clothes.
      Not in exactly the way your are probably thinking (everyone nude?) However, I worked my way through college at a funeral home. I can assure you there have been people buried in the nude with a closed casket. Seems like all cremations should be that way. Why put on clothes when the end results is "ashes to ashes?"

Comment

You have seen where people get buried wearing jewery....WHY? What good does that do?
        Just like a decent suit.

Comment

There are those that are attached to these objects and they may have wanted to be wearing them when buried. There are those who wanted to be buried in their cars.

But being dead the person has shed the body like dirty sox. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes. The body is to return to the earth from where it came. Yet the person goes forward to the next life. Amen.

Comment

The funeral service is more for the living left behind. As for the jewerly, suits, etc, again many folks feel it is what "the dead loved one would want" or a final act of respect. Funerals are a way for the many folks who have known the person to "let go", show respect, or support those left behind. It is a very emotional time for all in attendance. If this original post is suggesting that those in attendance be nude, I would say why add yet another layer of discomfort to those in attendance who do not follow the nudist lifestyle?

I am an a long time nudist but still conservative enough to believe there is a "time and place" for everything. Call me old fashioned or even narrowminded!

Comment

Originally posted by R.M.GREENMAN2 View Post
              You have seen where people get buried wearing jewery....WHY? What good does that do?
              Just like a decent suit.
              That is probably one reason for grave robbers.

Comment

back again

Well, it's been I think about a year or so since I've posted here. BAbies take so much time. Anyway just wanted to say hello again!!!

Comment

I attended a memorial service at a nudist resort a couple of summers ago. People were mostly nude, but there were some non-nudist family members who attended clothed.

Comment

The role of a funeral

Originally posted by justnude View Post
                    The funeral service is more for the living left behind. As for the jewerly, suits, etc, again many folks feel it is what "the dead loved one would want" or a final act of respect. Funerals are a way for the many folks who have known the person to "let go", show respect, or support those left behind. It is a very emotional time for all in attendance. If this original post is suggesting that those in attendance be nude, I would say why add yet another layer of discomfort to those in attendance who do not follow the nudist lifestyle?

I am an a long time nudist but still conservative enough to believe there is a "time and place" for everything. Call me old fashioned or even narrow-minded!
                    I always thought funerals were to honor the departed, either their spirit (their joy of living) or accomplishments in life, not as a sign of respect for those left behind. I guess there are many forms of respectful tribute.

It would be a test of the love people are capable of showing for a dearly departed to request they hold a wake (or memorial service) in the nude, and to simply set aside for a brief time all of the "social baggage" they may have in their lives in honor of the wishes of a devoted nudist.

Most people would not know what to do if such a request were received, many would decline to attend and the remainder would need to be welcomed to the service and guided on how/where to undress if they were actually going to do it.

I have heard rumors of non-nudists having naked weddings to symbolize the beginning of their new life together, but this may only be urban legend, folklore or myth.

Comment

I have been to a nude person funneral.
                      Only his top half was visable in the casket though. (so basically his groin area was covered by the botton lid)
                      His body was lower than the normal pillow area which is what I thought was weird.
                      I guess they did that to cover up his lower half.

Comment

I think a nude funeral would be laughable. I just wouldn't go there...

Comment

Originally posted by Centauri4 View Post
                          I always thought funerals were to honor the departed, either their spirit (their joy of living) or accomplishments in life, not as a sign of respect for those left behind. I guess there are many forms of respectful tribute.
                          In my opinion, wakes/funerals are for the living, so they can have some form of closure.

I feel we go to them to offer support to the living; there is nothing we can do for the dead, except pray, if you believe in prayer.

I tend not to go to wakes/funerals if the family doesn't even know who I am. On the other had, the bereaved would probably feel supported by any show of kindness or sympathy, whether they knew me or not.

But, to me, it's most important to show family and friends that you care and are there for them.
                          _

Comment

I agree that one goes to Wakes and Funerals for the living. IMHO, we go to support and comfort the bereaved: the family, friends and aquaintences left behind. Including ourselves--there is comfort in numbers.

Comment

Never go to them. Plan on cremation. No service, no wake. Just cook and dump.

Comment

Working...
                              X