Lughnasa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lughnasa

Now that Baltane is passed how about your plans for Lughnasa.

quote:
    Originally posted by nacktman:

Last year I attended a neo-pagan gethering near Denver which is always head at Lughnassad. Most of the grounds are clothing optional as are most neo-pagan gatherings, but unfortunatly the first week of August is the middle of the rainy month in the Rocky Mountains to its often cold and windy. I'm thinking about going again this year. Not sure yet.

Comment

quote:

Lughnasadh?! Great gods! Let's get through Litha first! ;P

Seriously, Lammas is a ways off yet for me. I hope by then to have a bit of free time on my hands. A naked swim or romp under the stars would be a fitting way to celebrate First Harvest.

Midsummer, though, I'll probably be tied up with other commitments. Slipping off for a weekend communing with the gods would be great, if I can manage it.

BB,
      Vin

Comment

Mini lesson in Pagan holidays:

-Samhain (Sow-en) Halloween Pagan New Year
        Veil is thinnest between the worlds
        -Yule Christmas
        Birth of the Sun God
        -Imbolc/Canldemas Feb 1
        Light is coming back to the mother earth
        -Ostara Easter
        March 21 Equinox
        -Beltane May 1
        Wedding of the God & Goddess
        -Midsummer/Litha
        June 21 Equal day and night
        -Lughnasad/Lammas
        Aug 1 Crops are at first harvest
        -Mabon
        Sept 21 Equal day & night
        Summer is leaving and harvest is well underway.

Joe

Comment

Vin, Litha is a hard one to get to for me as well, being midsummer and all ... the scheduling is always a bear, so I look to Lughnasa to be able to fit in my summer schedule.

If I can make Litha I will have a heck of a good time, hope I can make it.

Comment

quote:
            Vin, Litha is a hard one to get to for me as well, being midsummer and all ... the scheduling is always a bear, so I look to Lughnasa to be able to fit in my summer schedule.

If I can make Litha I will have a heck of a good time, hope I can make it.

Nackt, I know what you mean. Around Midsummer, the schedule is usually a zoo. Here's hoping we can both make it to whatever celebration seems most fitting.

BB,
            Vin

Comment

I know my Midsummer celebration will include fire, food, and honouring the gods, spirits of the land and my ancestors! And of course, naked dancing if I can find the right place and crowd.

Comment

Working...
              X