Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a church that accepts nudity and free thinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a church that accepts nudity and free thinking.

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/welcome_home/

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/welcome_home/

Comment

I don't know, smells like tuna.

Comment

It's an interesting website. It appears to be a "church" for atheists.

quote:
        Most Atheists like myself have generally believed that the story of Jesus was at least based on some real events, some popular preacher that may have really existed and was later turned into a supernatural figure by his followers. But it is becoming clear to me that Jesus is total fiction and the storys are adapted from the fiction of the time.

There are some hints elsewhere in the site that suggest a connection to the Unitarian Universalist Church.

There's an obvious assumption that Christians are unable and/or unwilling to engage in critical thinking about the origins of Christianity. That would be true of some Christians and not true for others.

The title of the thread is "Here's a church that accepts nudity...." That's undoubtedly true; however I wasn't personally able to find any references to nudity in the website. Might have missed something.

Comment

Great website usmc1. Might just be the answer for some.

Comment

In fact, what they teach is the spirit of Lights. One of the great writer of that doctrine is Voltaire. This is a great part of the French culture. I am sure you would love the French culture usmc1!

A lot of people all over the World share this philosophy, from Europe to China and Japan, from Russia to Brazil. Freemaconery is close to it also.

In fact, this philosophy is present in any secular society.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by luvnaturism:
              It's an interesting website. It appears to be a "church" for atheists.

[QUOTE]... however I wasn't personally able to find any references to nudity in the website. Might have missed something.

Found under "Lifestyles of Realists" > "Dress Code"
              " Nudity
              Nudity in the Church of Reality is also a choice that we find acceptable. If you are in a place where others are publicly naked there is no problem at all. We believe it's good to get a little sunlight on the skin. So we approve of nudity where public nudity is accepted.

However, in cases where you are the only one naked in a social setting then Realists should use common sense and pay attention to local laws and use wisdom and social discretion."

Comment

quote:
                There are some hints elsewhere in the site that suggest a connection to the Unitarian Universalist Church.

That church is not affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Church. The UUs have no connection to any other church since the Unitarians and the Universalists joined together in 1961.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarianism

Comment

Looks like an interesting religion.

I do like the recognition that nudity plays a part in religious life and rites.

Comment

A church is where two or more are gathered togather. What they then think and do as a group is THE church regardless of what title thay attach to it.

If, for example, a group of catholics gather nude, then that catholic church is addepatble of nudism.

After all, even the pope is human just like us, and at some time he has to disrobe all those expensive threads to stand naked in the bath or shower, just like us.

Everything is submect to change.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Jason Lee:
                      I found nothing about that church accepting nudity and free thinking.

Jason, I accepted your challenge and after an agonizingly totureous search of 20 seconds I found the reference to nudity that you overlooked in the post from Ketcham two above yours--and I also offer this clip from the Church's Hidden Agenda which also references its founder rolling naked in a money pit--like Scrooge McDuck but sans feathers

"This religion isn't about reality is it? It's all about Marc Perkel - the founder of the Church of Reality. That's why he is the First One. Perhaps reality is just a ploy to suck everyone in. After all, how can you not believe in reality? But is it really about reality or is Marc Perkel just trying to create the ultimate cult where he rules the world and enslaves the world forcing everyone to believe the way he does. Perhaps Perkel secretly thinks that he is God and that if enough people believe in him, that he will become God.

Or perhaps his goals are more modest. He's just trying to build a financial empire like the rest of the TV preachers living in a 35 million dollar mansion with a $15,000 air conditioned dog house. A life of drugs and debauchery with hundreds of women in his harem known as the Sacred Sluts. Perkel always has to be right and he thinks he's the smartest man in the entire universe. He secretly laughs at Realists and believes reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs. It's all about fame, power, sex, drugs, rock 'n roll, tossing virgins into volcanoes, and rolling around naked in the church money room. All in a futile attempt to convince himself that he's not really the pathetic loser that everyone knows he is. Besides, he has to do something because he doesn't have a college education and can't hold a real job."

Or maybe he's just trying to fix the world so that he can some day retire with his childhood sweetheart in a world of peace and tranquility.

Now that there is some serious nudeness and free-thinking in my book. But, a dreadful waste of virgins one should say--afterall, they are a vanishing species.

It's like I always say seek and ye shall find.

Comment

quote:
                        There are some hints elsewhere in the site that suggest a connection to the Unitarian Universalist Church.[QUOTE]

Here's a hint, click and read before making blanket assumptions:

Here's the church's take on Unitarians...

"When attending a Unitarian Church it is important to be respectful of the other members of the Unitarian community remembering that we are just individuals forming a community just like everyone else. Unitarians like to exchange ideas about their widely variant philosophies and we are there not just to talk about reality but also to learn about reality. We're not there to try to convert the heathens to Realism.

Unitarians are activists and care deeply about equality and social justice. They protest together and sometimes their bonds are based on being arrested together as a community. Nothing like spending the night in jail with someone to really get to know them. I think I would be proud to be arrested with a Unitarian.

We in the Church of Reality are new at this. Unitarians have centuries of experience and have made great contributions to the Tree of Knowledge. Much of what we know today and value in the Church of Reality came from our Unitarian ancestors. So it is totally acceptable to have both the Unitarian and the Realist identities at the same time."

Hardly a connection, but it certainly requires the question--So What? if there were a connection. Huh,? So What?

[QUOTE]The title of the thread is "Here's a church that accepts nudity...." That's undoubtedly true; however I wasn't personally able to find any references to nudity in the website. Might have missed something.

Yep, like Jason you missed something. See my reply to Jason for full edification on the nudity issue.

But, why make such judgmental and negative comments after only a cursory look?

The Church of Reality puts its Hidden Agenda out there for all to see, what's yours?

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by usmc1:
                          quote:
                          The title of the thread is "Here's a church that accepts nudity...." That's undoubtedly true; however I wasn't personally able to find any references to nudity in the website. Might have missed something.

Yep, like Jason you missed something. See my reply to Jason for full edification on the nudity issue.

The Church of Reality puts its Hidden Agenda out there for all to see, what's yours?

You left out my name, but those are my words that you quote. And I have two questions for you:

1. Who made judgmental and negative comments? It wasn't I. If you choose to read that into them, then that's your own negative spirit at work. I wasn't feeling judgmental, and I wrote carefully to avoid giving that impression.

2. As long as you were quoting anyway why not quote the four words that followed your excerpt: "Might have missed something." I don't know how it could have been clearer that I wasn't challenging or questioning your original comment. It was simply a factual statement that in a few minutes spent in a lengthy website I didn't the see the reference to nudity. Why would you take that statement out of context and call it judgmental and negative?

Comment

quote:
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by usmc1:
                            quote:

You left out my name, but those are my words that you quote. And I have two questions for you:

1. Who made judgmental and negative comments? It wasn't I. If you choose to read that into them, then that's your own negative spirit at work. I wasn't feeling judgmental, and I wrote carefully to avoid giving that impression.

2. As long as you were quoting anyway why not quote the four words that followed your excerpt: "Might have missed something." I don't know how it could have been clearer that I wasn't challenging or questioning your original comment. It was simply a factual statement that in a few minutes spent in a lengthy website I didn't the see the reference to nudity. Why would you take that statement out of context and call it judgmental and negative?

I took nothing out of context. Your comments were judgemental and negative and it is obtuse of you to deny it.

And it is disengenous of you to avoid my question regarding your comment about Unitarianism.

Comment

usmc isn't this the same poster that has been negative and judgementmental in numerous other posts and accused others of being what he is especially when they call him on it? Just wondering?

It is a interesting concept though.

Comment

Working...
                              X