Christianity and Nudism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity and Nudism

Hey yall it's kev agian. Well, I have been doing research about nudism and if God allows it. Well, I'm stuck because in some parts of the bible it explains how so and so was naked and blah blah blah. But I can't get a definate anwser as to whether God allows it or not. Also, any tips on telling friends I'm a nudist?
    Peace
    -Kevin

Hey yall it's kev agian. Well, I have been doing research about nudism and if God allows it. Well, I'm stuck because in some parts of the bible it explains how so and so was naked and blah blah blah. But I can't get a definate anwser as to whether God allows it or not. Also, any tips on telling friends I'm a nudist?
    Peace
    -Kevin

Comment

I've come to the same conclusion. I'm just reading the bible for the first time now, and I see evidence both for and against nudism. For instance, nudity seems innocent before Adam and Eve sin. However, what about god's instructions not to build stairs up to his alters, lest someone see the nakedness under a priests robe. There's also somewhere where someone is watching their father (Isaac or Lot?) sleep naked, when the father wakes up, he seems angry that they saw him nude. Even though I'm not nearly done yet, I think I'll probably find many conflicting accounts in the bible, as everyone knows (although might not admit) it contradicts itself sometimes.

Namedun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Kevin and Namedun,
        Naturism and Christianity go very well together. And the God doesn't condemn it. In fact many, myself included, believe He endorses it.

There are a lot of sites about Christianity and Naturism.

Some sites are:
        The Bible, Society and Nudity

Boyd Allen's Christian Naturism

and
        Christian Naturism: Living as God Intended
        (This is my site, BTW)
        NuTex

Comment

Here's my 2 cents on the subject:

http://www.allamericanwebhosting.com...ticle.php?id=8

Comment

I'd like to add one more site reference to those mentioned: http://naturistlife.com

I don't know that their site is as good as their publications, necesarily, but there's some information there that I think is good. It is the work of a very Christian-oriented naturist group. Reading their publications, pondering, and praying has resolved the issue of nudism and God for me.

I've found the issue of telling friends to be much less clear with certainly no one size fits all answer. Friends must be willing to seriously seek the answers themselves, that you are obviously seeking. Too many will prefer the easy road of simply accepting the popular opinion without thinking about it much, and possibly thinking less of you as a result.

My personal opinion is that merely reading the Bible may be insufficient (for this, or just about any other issue). It takes a very serious willingness to really think, study, and pray, while intensely seeking to find the kind of answer that has ability to last and withstand the challenges that can come along.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Kevo2012:
              [qb] Hey yall it's kev agian. Well, I have been doing research about nudism and if God allows it. Well, I'm stuck because in some parts of the bible it explains how so and so was naked and blah blah blah. But I can't get a definate anwser as to whether God allows it or not. Also, any tips on telling friends I'm a nudist?
              Peace
              -Kevin [/qb]
              If all of us, our bodies, are the creation of God, then why should we feel a need to hide our bodies?

(I could start a theological argument about whether we need to accept everything that's written in the Bible, but maybe we better not go there.)

Comment

better thought, why try to justify anything with the bible when the bible is written and rewritten by men to try to get society to think a certain way. good luck...

Comment

David, you may not be using the Bible as your guide to life, but a lot of people do believe the Bible is the Word of God and are sincerely trying to follow it's teachings. For such people, they do need an answer based on scripture.

The Web sites that NuTex suggested will be very thought-provoking. I urge anyone interested to explore these sites.

Space will not permit a thorough discussion on the INA forum, but it might be helpful to address some of the basic questions that Christians tend to ask when deciding whether social nudity is good and worthwhile:

A lot of people have been taught that people should wear clothes because God clothed Adam and Eve after they sinned. I urge you not to blindly follow this line of reasoning simply because it is so widespread in American churches today. God never established a covenant of clothing. There is no command in the Bible that reads, "Thou must wear clothes". If you separate out the Bible verses that mandate clothing for Jewish ceremonial rituals, verses that condemn undressing people for the purpose of having sex with them, and verses that discuss involuntary nudity in the context of poverty, the Bible authors seem to accept nudity as part of life. In fact, there are a few verses that imply that prophets often took off their clothes when they were under the power of God and uttered prophecies.

Nudist organizations did not exist in the days that the Bible was written, but neither did the Civitans or Kiwanis clubs, but all three are worthwhile activities that are consistent with good Christian living.

I know of pastors and church-going folks who make social nudity a part of their lives and for us, our nude times are precious. We return to the way God intended for people to live, we honor God in so doing, and we enjoy the pleasant company of Christians and people of other faiths who also enjoy nude living as we do.

Nudity can be a good part of the Christian life and if you look at the Bible in context, you'll see that there is no conflict with the teachings of scripture.

Let's continue to discuss this. I know a lot of you have many more questions.

Comment

I was raised as a Christian, and have maintained a very active membership and participation in my church. I like to think that I am a practicing, and committed Christian. I also know that I am not as committed to letting God rule in my life as I ought to be.

It seems to me that there are no specific directions in the Bible to be nude or not to be nude. Probably, instances in which nudity seems to be condemned are related more to the circumstances in which the nudity is involved. Thus, since sexual relationships between close relatives are forbidden, then viewing the nudity of such individuals is proscribed. Likewise, when a reverent or worshipful mood is to be sought, viewing a nude person would be distracting.

It further seems that this imples in the Bible that nudity does tempt, in a sexual way, those who view it. This may be an accurate statement of the nature of humanity in a general sense. When we see another naked individual, there is naturally a titillation which occurs because of the mystery of that which is normally hidden, but suddenly revealed. Since most of the people of the world do clothe themselves because of shame, there is this rather interesting and exciting feeling which comes from seeing the unknown.

Because I realized before I ever tried social nudity that it is, in fact, quite nonsexual, and because I have experienced and found that to be true, I see absolutely no conflict between the Bible and my enjoyment of a nudist lifestyle. I have obviously been in situations where nothing is hidden from view, and since there is no resulting titillation or arousal, then I can see no reason for proscribing nudity in such an open situation.

Thus, I thoroughly enjoy being my naked self, as God created me (and as I have sadly deteriorated since that creation) without any guilt or any conflict with my Christianity.

Comment

Once again..another topic that belongs in the Religion Post.

Comment

Bart, the topic is not exclusively of interest to "young" naturists, so you right. But once this thing got started, the discussion proved interesting and lots of folks posted and now here we are in Young Naturists with a thread about nudism and religion.

At least we are not off topic for the thread, which is: Christianity and Nudism

Comment

I beg to differ. This post is about Young Naturism for young naturist "newbies" inquiring
                          about the lifestyle. Religion discussions belong in another post

Comment

Confusion reigns when terms are misused. Bart, a "post" is one message "posted" on a bulletin board. You have made two posts in this "thread," a thread being the "string of posts" under one "topic" within a "forum," a forum being a separate place in which to group the broad subjects discussed on the overall "bulletin board."

You are right that Religion topics ought to be posted in the Religion forum instead of the Young Naturists forum of our great ClothesFree Bulletin Board.

Now I'm all confused, too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(Note to Jochanaan: "thread" is just a synonym of "string," see? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Comment

Admittedly the thread should never have been created here. But all posts under that thread were very much on topic. I don't feel guilty for contributing to a civil discussion that was already well under way.

If it bothers you that much, just move the whole thread over to the religion forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X