Just Whining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Whining

I have been a member for 2 years now, but really how do you meet other people with the same interest as you? I have been to some nude beaches and everyone seams to keep to him or herself. I can understand that. My wife isn?t really into the nude beach yet but shows some interest. I have thought about joining a club but feel uncomfortable about going single. I have one friend that comes over and skinny-dips in my pool with me but his wife does not. And the clubs are so far away. I see photos of large groups of people having fun without the restricting feeling of cloths. Just hope that can happen to me one of these days.
    Take care

I have been a member for 2 years now, but really how do you meet other people with the same interest as you? I have been to some nude beaches and everyone seams to keep to him or herself. I can understand that. My wife isn?t really into the nude beach yet but shows some interest. I have thought about joining a club but feel uncomfortable about going single. I have one friend that comes over and skinny-dips in my pool with me but his wife does not. And the clubs are so far away. I see photos of large groups of people having fun without the restricting feeling of cloths. Just hope that can happen to me one of these days.
    Take care

Comment

Hi! Jon-Marc here. I'm a 56-year-old granddad who has been into social nudity for just over a year. I'm hooked on being nude as often as possible. My older daughter was shocked when I told her I'm a nudist. The younger one didn't act surprised or shocked, but, like me, she's not very emotional.

I'm very shy about going up to total stangers anywhere, let alone at a nudist resort, and introducing myself. I'm afraid of intruding where I'm not wanted so I stay by myself.

I'm going camping at Turtle Lake Resort for a week starting tomorrow, Monday, and I hope I can make myself find some new friends there. Otherwise, that week could be very boring spent sitting by myself watching everyone else have fun. Of course, families stay together, and I don't want to intrude on them. Everyone enjoys the company of those they know, but I don't know anyone there. If you haven't been to a nudist club or resort, you don't know what you're missing. I hate clothes and love being nude.

There's nothing more enjoyable than being nude outdoors without the fear of being arrested for "indecent exposure". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Marc,
        You indicated that you do not go up to strangers at Turtle Lake and introduce yourself. In my opinion that's not bad, as it sounds too formal to me, (in most cases) as being nude at Turtle Lake is too casual and informal a place for such a formal approach. I think a smile and either, 1) making a comment (hopfully more original than commenting on the weather) or 2) asking a question, either one, which might have interest for each of you, might start a conversation, and later on, you could give your first name if you wish. These comments or questions could be regarding the resort, or the activity schedule there, etc. etc.

Some people sit in the club house and watch TV and you could comment on some TV event or ask a question about the news event, etc. This many times breaks the ice if the other person wants to talk. Sometimes, even if you know the answer, ask the question anyway, and then follow that person's answer with your comment, as it might be of mutual interest to start a conversation.

This is merely my humble opinion, Jon-Marc.

Comment

Thanks, David, for the suggestions. It's always been very difficult for me to make friends. It's not that I'm unfriendly, far from it, but let's just suffice it to say that the way I was raised prevents me from knowing HOW to make friends, as well as being afraid of rejection, or as I said before, intruding where I'm not wanted.

I visited at a place near me--I won't give the name--that was very unfriendly. I walked up to some people who said, "You want something?" in a very unfriendly tone. I got the message, said no and walked away. I won't go back there because the owner E-mailed and said he thought I only wanted to come there as a voyuer. I'm not sure how he got that idea since it was in the winter and no one took there clothes off except for some who used the hot tub. I didn't follow them to the hot tub so I don't see where he thought I was a voyuer. I think it was just an excuse to keep me away since I'm not married. They apparently only want married people there. Fortunately, this didn't keep me from going elsewhere and finding that not all places are unfriendly toward unmarried men. I'm a dad and granddad, and I'm a Christian, not a pervert despite some people's asinine, negative opinion of unmarried men. I'm thinking about getting rid of most of my clothes and keeping only what I absolutely need since I only wear clothes when I have to. I wear shorts in the summer and jeans in cold weather. Be nude and have fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I make friends fairly easily by talking to people when I join in a volleyball game. Sometimes I greet my neighbor at the poolside and get a conversation going. It is easier to strike up friendships at the smaller more casual resorts.

I am also a member of a non-landed travel club. We have a blast! I have made quite a few new friends as a result. If you are a little reserved, maybe a small travel club will be a good place to get started making friends.

Comment

Working...
            X