Oops!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops!!!

At the age of 49, I'm new to nudism and enjoy the clothes free lifestyle, even if it is in the confines of my home, away from open windows and without the support of my wife (who still considers nude activy with others to be strictly sexual). I must give her some credit for tolerating my nudity in the house.

A friend and her daughter found some recently developed photographs and checked them out.

Well, among those same recently developed photographs are some photographs of me...in a clothing optional setting in my back yard. The problem was that I was exercising the option to be clothes-free.

The other problem was an agry wife!

Although I'm comfortable with my body and not ashamed to be seen undressed (nude...not rude!), being seen nude, even if in some harmless (and non-sexual) pictures by a 14 year old girl is not my most comfortable nudist experience!

Actually, I do not feel comfortable being seen nude by children and would rather engage in social nudism with mixed company...provided that they're adults.

Maybe if I get to check out some nude/clothing optional facilities, my feelings will change.

One thing that will not change...I will be careful about any of my personal photographs, especially where there is nudity...especially of me!

P.J.

At the age of 49, I'm new to nudism and enjoy the clothes free lifestyle, even if it is in the confines of my home, away from open windows and without the support of my wife (who still considers nude activy with others to be strictly sexual). I must give her some credit for tolerating my nudity in the house.

A friend and her daughter found some recently developed photographs and checked them out.

Well, among those same recently developed photographs are some photographs of me...in a clothing optional setting in my back yard. The problem was that I was exercising the option to be clothes-free.

The other problem was an agry wife!

Although I'm comfortable with my body and not ashamed to be seen undressed (nude...not rude!), being seen nude, even if in some harmless (and non-sexual) pictures by a 14 year old girl is not my most comfortable nudist experience!

Actually, I do not feel comfortable being seen nude by children and would rather engage in social nudism with mixed company...provided that they're adults.

Maybe if I get to check out some nude/clothing optional facilities, my feelings will change.

One thing that will not change...I will be careful about any of my personal photographs, especially where there is nudity...especially of me!

P.J.

Comment

P.J.,

I didn't get into social nudism until age 55. I will be 58 next month, and I now live in a nudist resort! Of course, it's just me. I have no desire to marry again unless it's to a nudist-friendly woman. I have a chance to meet a couple of nudist ladies near my age. I'm hoping to do that this coming Saturday.

Many men, unfortunately, have your problem, a wife who is against nudity. Some tolerate it and some don't. My first wife had no problem with my nudity in the home--even in front of our daughter. My second was such a prude that she got upset when she came home one day and found me in the kitchen in a T shirt and underwear--when I used to wear underwear. She got REALLY upset when I was nude in the bedroom with the door open. "What if Darrin sees you?" she asked. Darrin was her 16-year-old son from a previous marriage. I said, "As far as I know, Darrin likes girls and isn't interested in me."

There are people of all ages in nudist resorts and clubs--although mostly older people from what I've seen.

It would help tremendously if you could get your wife to go to a clothing-optional resort with you to see how normal it all is. She could keep her clothes on. It's just everyday people doing everyday things--but in the nude! We swim, enjoy the hot tub or sauna where they have one--we don't--sunbathe, play games, chat, etc, etc. We just do it all nude instead of clothed. There's nothing sexual about it--at least not to me, and many others I'm sure. She's apparently doing like so many others--judging without knowing what she's judging.

Comment

Well said Jon-Marc.

I live with a roommate who is not a nudist. I don't hide my nudity from her and am always naked when at home. The only exception is when my daughter visits. She is from a broken relationship and I don't want to fight with her mother about it. However, I do change in front of her without being ashamed.

Nudity is the most natural thing in the world. I recently have gotten involved with a woman who is not a nudist. However, she is open-minded and accepting of the fact that I one. However, she did find it odd that I was naked the first time she came over (we were together a week at that point).

I find that we have strength in numbers. Our efforts are better received when we are around other nudists. Alone, many of us are shamed, overwhelmed, etc... by our significant others. I know most everyone on this site was called a pervert or something similar at one time or another. Nevertheless, when open-minded people are exposed to our lifestyle, many see the naturalness of it. Hopefully your wife will someday fall into this category.

Comment

I have a great-nephew who called me weird because I was always nude at home. If not being ashamed of my body and enjoying being nude makes me "weird", then so be it--I'll be weird. The boy is totally obnoxious and disrespectful of others, and I don't care if he's around me because of it. Do I care what other people think of me? No, I don't. As I've said before, my happiness isn't based upon other people's opinions of me.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that the 14 year old will get over it well before anyone else does.

When one of my nieces who is about that age came over and "caught" me nude, all she did was giggle.
            I was more startled than she was, because I wasn't expecting any company at that time of night.
            She and her Mom told me not to worry about it.

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X