What About SE Georgia/NE Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What About SE Georgia/NE Florida

About the only nude activities up here are group showers. If you can gain entry to the Naval Sub Base Kings Bay, there is a sauna.

What I'm about to say might cause me to be rated by four thumbs down instead of four stars, but the closest thing to nude in mixed company, might be an unwelcome visit by some homosexual who wants to join in for a shower or sauna.

I would actually feel comfortable in a mixed group (meaning males and females in a non-sexual group-social nudism).

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that enjoys being clothes-free.

About the only nude activities up here are group showers. If you can gain entry to the Naval Sub Base Kings Bay, there is a sauna.

What I'm about to say might cause me to be rated by four thumbs down instead of four stars, but the closest thing to nude in mixed company, might be an unwelcome visit by some homosexual who wants to join in for a shower or sauna.

I would actually feel comfortable in a mixed group (meaning males and females in a non-sexual group-social nudism).

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that enjoys being clothes-free.

Comment

P.J., if you are near Brunswick or Jacksonville or anywhere in between, you have untapped opportunities for some great nude recreation.

West of Jacksonville is a nudist campground, Hidden River Campground.

On Cumberland Island, certain beaches are frequently deserted and great for skinnydipping. The northern part of the island is a wilderness area. I took outdoor showers at an artesian well there.

Just north of Brunswick is Hostel in the Forest. While not nudist, they have a clothing optional sweat lodge on the night of the full moon.

Quite a few people enjoy nude canoeing aka "canuding" on the Altamaha River, the Suwanee River and the Okefenokee Swamp.

Perhaps others will chime in with their favorite spots to go, but this should get you started.

Comment

So far, my back yard sometimes provides some pleasant moments to be outside and out of my clothes.

I would like to get together with others for nude recreation (preferably with mixed company), but I suppose wearing nothing in a secluded area would be better than nothing at all.

If I find a cozy area in the woods, I would hate to later meet with a policeman on duty and be shown a PRIVATE PROPERTY KEEP OUT sign before getting arrested and charged with indecency and/or trespassing!

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

P.J.
          You are wise to avoid wandering around on private land unless you know the landowner.

I had a friend of a friend who owned a couple of lakes down below Macon and I got invited to have exclusive use of these lakes for fishing and swimming for a day. Well, I was way out in the country and no one was around for a mile or two, so I did not bother wearing swim trunks and had a very restful day in the nude.

I also took a trip with my girlfriend to a private island near St. Marys, also as a guest of the island's owner. There was an artesian well and I had a delightful outdoor shower there.

I urge you to visit Hidden River if you would like to make some nudist friends. I hear tell it's a wonderful place.

Cumberland Island has some areas that are remote and people frequently go skinnydipping on secluded beaches or are nude in the wilderness campgrounds at night. I don't know if its still serviceable, but the shower used to be open air and right on the trail. Nudity was simply not a problem for rangers or anyone in the backcountry.

Comment

If social group setting is your thing, there's a Jacksonville based travel club. I'm the club secretary for the Northeast Florida Naturists, an AANR/FANR affiliated social club (see: www.nfnaturist.org ). We've gone canoeing on the St. Mary's and Okefanokee swamp, trips to Apollo beach, get togethers at resorts and members homes, and any thing else we can come up with. Check www.aanr.com and look for other travel clubs in the area, there might be more nearby. If you want to go nude, there's places and ways to do so, sometimes it just requires a little forethought.

Comment

You need to go to Hidden River Resort. I'll be there this weekend. You be so relaxed when you leave. Hope to see you there,

Comment

Working...
              X