Jobs in Cap d'Agde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs in Cap d'Agde

I may have posted something similar on another thread at some point, but I would like to know about the position regarding getting a job in Cap d'Agde and moving to this part of the world. If anyone csan help, I would be grateful

You'll be lucky, the French have a very strict embargo on jobs for non french, there are all sorts of hoops you have to go through here before you are considered. Language is one , in no way can you be employed unless you have french, they do provide a language course but meanwhile you are unemployed. Despite France being in the EEC they bend the rules to suit them, imigrants are shuffled off to UK as quick as they can get rid of them. Its not lilke UK where you can just walk in and get everything provided for you, gratis, unless you are a UK resident then the UK gov put obstacles in your way.
    I live here in France, retired and that means retired, it is illegal to work after you are 65 here.
    I can understand your desire to work there, would love it myself.

Comment

T.C.
      Almost a quarter of youth under age 25 in France are unemployed, causing riot.
      http://www.spiegel.de/international/...408418,00.html

The above link seems to indicate that France (Cape d'Agde) would not be a good place for you to seek a job.

Comment

"What? it is illegal to work in France if you are over 65? wow......I wish it would someday happened here in this U.S. of A.

It is so pathetic that the normal retirement age in this country is 65, and now I've been hearing that the government (?) is planning to increase the retirement age from 65 to 70.

And in general, the Europeans work less compared to us here Americans and yet they are more productive than us.

My, my, my, this U.S.A., where are we heading few years from now? are we going for the good? bad? worst?

Comment

quote:
          It is so pathetic that the normal retirement age in this country is 65

If you were born in 1960 or later it is 67.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by gideon:
            You'll be lucky, the French have a very strict embargo on jobs for non french, there are all sorts of hoops you have to go through here before you are considered. Language is one , in no way can you be employed unless you have french, they do provide a language course but meanwhile you are unemployed.

OMG...the French are smarter than us...

Comment

quote:
              And in general, the Europeans work less compared to us here Americans and yet they are more productive than us.

What source do you have to validate the very dubious claim that they are more productive than us?

Comment

quote:
                What? it is illegal to work in France if you are over 65? wow......I wish it would someday happened here in this U.S. of A.

It is so pathetic that the normal retirement age in this country is 65, and now I've been hearing that the government (?) is planning to increase the retirement age from 65 to 70.

My, my, my, this U.S.A., where are we heading few years from now? are we going for the good? bad? worst?

What ever USA does the UK for some perverse reason follows, there is now talk of working to 70+ to get your state pension in UK as well.
                Talk about the US controlling other 'independant' nations, it appears that UK will soon be another US state. OK I would like to work, I am 74 now and fit and healthy but I know a lot of people are ready to retire at 60.
                On checking with my French friends and comparing state pensions, the French get almost twice the UK pension, and get no concessions at theatres and events, rail travel though they get automatic 40% reduction, 24 and under get 30% reduction on rail travel.

Comment

quote:

Nope. Americans are still the most productive workers on the planet. We work the longest hours , have the fewest vacation days, and for 95% of us our pay is falling.

-Mark

Comment

Mark, I'd bet alot of money, US worker productivity could increase further by making for a healthier, less burnt-out work day by encouraging breaks, walks, naps when needed, have relaxing, natural, outdoor walking trails, and, oh yeah, make workplaces clothing-optional!

Comment

quote:
                      US worker productivity could increase further by making for a healthier, less burnt-out work day, encouraging breaks, walks, naps when needed, have relaxing, natural, outdoor walking trails, and, oh yeah, make workplaces clothing-optional!

Yeah, but that might cut into your CEO's pay.

-Mark

Comment

I sent alot of mails to companys in cap de agde last year and asked them about work, since I live in sweden I already have a working permit for all european union, but the problem is, as other said, you *HAVE TO* understand and speak french.. ..wich I dont..

Also, most jobs where clothed, and I was looking for something where I could be nude.

Comment

Originally posted by JessicaA View Post
                          Also, most jobs where clothed, and I was looking for something where I could be nude.
                          The only safe jobs where someone can be and work nude would be at a sanctioned nudist club or resort. Even at the nudist clubs, there are some exceptions to working nude, such as working with food where health codes prohibit handling food while nude.

Comment

Working...
                          X