• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Canary Islands

Hello from just a brute big animal from Canary Islands

Regards to everybody

guanche

Hola from Canada, guanche! What does your nickname mean?

I visited Gran Canaria and the beaches of Maspalomas a few years ago - is that where you are located?

Comment

Guanches (also: Guanchis or Guanchos) were the first known inhabitants of the Canary Islands. This people, whose origin is uncertain, were still at a Stone Age level when the Europeans first arrived in the Middle Ages. Their culture as such has since disappeared, although some traces can still be found.

Link to Wikipedia's description of quanche/ Guanches (also: Guanchis or Guanchos)

Comment

Hello Journeyman, regards, i am from Tenerife.

Hello NakedGary, yes Guanche is the name from original people from here, culture here was milenarium and was not at Stone Age, writing was develop, and language and farming and sailing (although not used) and several things so (even momification), although due that islands are volcanic, no iron can be found here so it had to be replaced for similar tools get from harder rocks that imposibilited to do the same things or constructions than with iron, and due to hard living conditions here, isolation and prime material scarcity, writing was reduced to some inscriptions at rocks, and culture was transmite oral.

I hope this could be undertood due to my very bad english, sorry.

regards

guanche

Comment

Guess what, tomorrow I am sceduled to go to the travel agent to get info on tha Canary Islands. I just do not know yet which island I want to visit. Hopefully I chose the one where naturism can be practised the most.

Comment

Wow, the Guanches information/Wikipedia article is fascinating. I consider myself an arheology/anthroplogy buff, but had never heard of this people until now.

Comment

Originally posted by guanche:
              Hello from just a brute big animal from Canary Islands

Regards to everybody

guanche
              That's a great picture you have in your post, guanche. It reminds me of that statue of the guanches up the avenue from El Corte Ingles in Las Palmas. It has been a long time since I was in Canarias, I long to go back so much. Where in the islands do you live?

Comment

Hello Swimguy

yes i am so

i live at Tenerife

regards

guanche

Comment

Originally posted by guanche:
                  Hello Swimguy

yes i am so

i live at Tenerife

regards

guanche
                  I love Tenerife--I spent several months in La Laguna. It's probably my favorite island of all of them.

Comment

Nice to hear from someone from the Canary Islands. It is on my wife and my "to do " list.

Welcome guanche from a Canadian who will someday visit your land.

Comment

Hi there, I love Tenerife too, great island, keep in touch! kev in USA

Comment

Originally posted by nudnurs:
                        Hi there, I love Tenerife too, great island, keep in touch! kev in USA
                        That's funny, I thought I was Kev in the USA who loved Tenerife.

Comment

Hola Guancho, que tal? Soy un nudista Egipcio que visita Espana a menudo.Me puedes aconsejar sobre los lugares nudistas en Canarias?Gracias

Hi Guancho, I'm an Egyptian nudist who travels to Spain at least once a year.Could u pls advise me about nudist venues in Canary Islands? Thanks

Comment

hello

first thank you for your mail

and let me tell you that i am so brute and live totally ndue and taught to work landowner farm so too

here at canary islands there is a nudist resort so good called Magnolia Natura at Gran Canaria or another one not so famous and kilometers of beachs at Fuerteventura too

i have never been at any of them but have been told that are so good

if you want me to inform more about it just tell it to me

regards
                            guanche
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.guanche.org/blog/gallery2/v/guanche/

Comment

Working...
                            X