Nudist on Berkeley campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudist on Berkeley campus

Who knows what ever became of the Berkeley student (male) of a few years ago who made national news for going totally nude on campus and in classes? Was that legal, or illegal but simply ignored by the authorities? And what has become of that man since? Is he a banker now, who stands at the teller window in the nude, or what? Just curious.

Who knows what ever became of the Berkeley student (male) of a few years ago who made national news for going totally nude on campus and in classes? Was that legal, or illegal but simply ignored by the authorities? And what has become of that man since? Is he a banker now, who stands at the teller window in the nude, or what? Just curious.

Comment

I remember that guy. I think he ended up getting a citation and going to court wearing only a strategically placed bandanna. I don't know any more than that. I might not even be thinking of the same person.

Comment

Andrew Martinez. He was eventually expelled from UC Berkeley in 1993, and the city of Berkeley itself passed an anti-nudity ordinance in reaction to his actions.

Comment

Today, at least, the first story on the following magazine-style web page gives account of Andrew Martinez in 1992-1993, but it does not say anything about his life today.
          web page - Andrew Martinez

Comment

I'd like to know what became of him. I've done a serious google search and couldn't come up with anything within the past 5 years at least.

Gary

Comment

The guy is a maniac. He was invited to speak at the northeast naturist gathering a few years ago and many people thought he was crazy.

Comment

Thanks, folks, for your responses. I appreciate it. Fairbare.

Comment

I've always thought that it is important not to impose my nudity on anyone, even if their discomfort with it is silly, so The Naked Guy struck me as being a little rude. But protest is protest and sometimes a little public exposure gets results like when we stuck flowers in the rifle barrels of the national guardsmen while naked in Berkley back in the sixties.

Comment

Personally, I find his brand of insanity rather refreshing. Like when I see the holiday streaker running across campus. Is this naturism? No.. Is it rude and unruly, perhaps... but I personally don't mind it. It's just funny for some reason. I guess it's my textile upbringing or perhaps just seeing something where it doesn't belong...whatever the case, I think people need to be shaken up once in a while. And nudity can be a fun way of doing it...although in this case, it was probably more successful in being retroactive to the cause than it was to gain supporters and raise public awareness. I still think he's got guts and if more naturists had more guts (myself included) we may have more nude rights...

Comment

I remember talking to a young lady who had a class with him. She wasn't particularly bothered by his nudity, but she resented the disruption to the learning environment in the classroom.

In other words, she was fine if he wanted to walk around the campus naked. She was not fine about his effect on the class's ability to focus on their reason for being there.

Comment

Working...
                      X