Who goes to the beaches & resorts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who goes to the beaches & resorts?

From what I read people of all shapes, sizes, and ages go to the beaches, resorts etc. But when I look at websites like clothesfree only people with good looking bodies go.

I'm wondering what is reality.
    Last time you went to a nudist venue what was the ratio of trim to over weight.
    How many older folks? How many kids etc? How many men and women?

From what I read people of all shapes, sizes, and ages go to the beaches, resorts etc. But when I look at websites like clothesfree only people with good looking bodies go.

I'm wondering what is reality.
    Last time you went to a nudist venue what was the ratio of trim to over weight.
    How many older folks? How many kids etc? How many men and women?

Comment

I live full-time at Turtle Lake Resort. We have mostly old, very overweight people, some singles but mostly couples. We have a few children and teens but not many. Very few have good looking bodies--I certainly don't. I do see someone now and then who has a very nice body, but the majority don't.

Reality is (at least here) that nudists come in all shapes and sizes. There may be places where the nice bodies outnumber the out-of-shape ones (to put it politely), but I haven't found that place yet.

Comment

I agree with the above statement of reality, by Jon-Marc.

Comment

You need to look at more of the photos posted on this site. You 'WILL' see all kinds of bodies if you look at more than just two or three pics.

Comment

At Valley View, We have a reasonable cross-section of shapes sizes and ages. Yet, like Jon-Marc noted, we also tend to be older with a few extra pounds.

Comment

I have been to 5 different clubs and to the beach. Jon-Marc pretty well described the typical club ( I have been to Turtle Lake several times); majority of people there are 35+; some kids and very few teens.

The beach (Gunnison Beach, Sandy Hook NJ) was much more diversified in ages and "body types" and included a lot more late teen/early 20's visitors.

Comment

I've been to several resorts in California and Florida, but not to the beach yet (unless you count the apparently now-defunct nude beach at Lake Mead near Las Vegas)... there are all sorts of people, all shapes and sizes, ages, etc. In other words, not everyone is a Chippendale's dancer or a Playboy bunny. Quite the opposite, in fact...

Comment

This issue comes up quite regularly. The reason you see more older, overweight nudists is partly because these people have reached an age, whether right or wrong, and have become comfortable with their bodies. They are not as concerned about fashion and want to enjoy the rest of their lives without worrying about what to wear, what it looks like on them and most of all, worrying about how many calories there are in a hamburger.

The younger crowd, for the most part, still equates nudity with sex. The older crowd has gotten way past that. The younger crowd wonders why someone that doesn't look trim, tight and magazine pretty would want to be nude in front of other people. So many of my friends and acquaintances that are younger always say, "I don't have the body to go nude, " or " how do you go naked in front of all those people and not get an erection.?"

The majority of todays nudists are older, like ourselves. We began social nudism in our late 40's. Many older nudists usually adopt this way of life when all the children have left home and they are left by themselves.

When the younger crowd gets past the nudity = sex thing, gets past the "only beautiful bodies should be nude," mentallity, and except all nudists, young, old, trim, overweight, etc. etc., for who we really are inside, we can move forward, attract a younger crowd and stop worrying about all nudists small flaws.

We all have to remember, these older nudists were once young, tight and trim. Even though time, illnesses and gravity has played havoc on their bodies, they are still all beautiful people in a true nudists eyes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I would venture to guess that the reason you don't see real 'hard bodies' is that there is a reason they becomehard bodies.. ie, they have issues why they work 10-14 hours a week keeping their shape. Not all.. but people who do it intensely aren't doing it simply to be healthy. They're some of the same 'party crowd' that smoke and drink and otherwise living non-health lives.

Anyone... people with issues about how their body looks probably are typically self-conscious about their bodies, to the point of fear of being seen.

Nudists aren't afraid to been seen..

My $.02 anyway.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by CollegeKid:
                      [qb] I would go to the nude beach if i had some amigos to join me. [/qb]
                      I guess that's as good of an excuse for not going as any. I went alone for three years until I moved into TLR, and now I live nude unless I have to go outside the resort.

Comment

I went once and it was a good splitof all shapes and sizes

Comment

CollegeKid,

There is always someone who seems to enjoy tagging along in our lives...and that person is our alter-ego...I know mine does especially after I get some of the really nice compliments...such as nice tan, as I look at my body in the mirror and think to/with myself (at the current moment)..."Ya, It is a great looking body with a great tan" as I smile back at my reflection [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

So my advise, is don't wait till you find someone who wants to go with you...go before that one teriffic person in his/her mind, changes it for you...that person being yourself.

Greensunshine up here in the Pacific NW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                          Female, Mormon, and Proud of my spring tan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

quote:
                          Originally posted by CollegeKid:
                          [qb] I would go to the nude beach if i had some amigos to join me. [/qb]

Comment

I go to White Tail Park in Virginia. I am sorry, but I just haven't done a real comparison of overweight to fit people there. I am guessing that the ratio is somewhere like it is in genreal society--for the record, I am slighltly underweight.

Each park/resort is different when it comes to kids. Some are more suited toward children, others just haven't attracted the young parent crowd yet. WTP is one of those that is child friendly.

I would say that about 10 children live there year round. Even more come during the summer months. In fact, they host two multi-day programs for children. JuniorFestv which is a weekend program, that usually takes place in late June and the AANR_ER's Youth Leadership Camp.

They also have a paid position of Youth Activities Director.

Bob S.

Comment

People of all shapes & sizes go to nude beaches or resorts. However, you're more likely to see young, good looking people on a website (or any other form of advertisement). I often wonder how much thought goes into these things & how much they factor into it that some people might actually be intimidated rather than attracted by the sight of all (or predominantly) young, good looking people. However, I've come to realize that this is the way of advertisement (as I'm sure many others have) & just take it for what it is. Don't expect to see to many people like myself (middle aged & overweight) in ads or on websites, and when I do see a few I find it kind of refreshing.

Comment

Working...
                              X