Naturism on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturism on a budget

I am relatively new to naturism, and one thing that I am noticing is that many of the resorts are, well, just a little bit pricey.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how one can plan a clothes free getaway on a fairly tight budget. I would like to be able to be able to get out and do more naturist activities, but I am rather intimidated by some of the costs (membership, grounds fees, lodging, etc.) involved.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or advice.

Take care and stay bare.
    Todd

I am relatively new to naturism, and one thing that I am noticing is that many of the resorts are, well, just a little bit pricey.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how one can plan a clothes free getaway on a fairly tight budget. I would like to be able to be able to get out and do more naturist activities, but I am rather intimidated by some of the costs (membership, grounds fees, lodging, etc.) involved.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or advice.

Take care and stay bare.
    Todd

Comment

Find some isolated land and freehike. If there is water nearby go for a dip.

Comment

Head out to Cape Cod to the nudist beach there. It's much cheaper then going to a nudist club.

Comment

I don't know about Boston, but in my neck of the woods there are at least 2 "non-landed" clubs that rent pools, bowling alleys, etc., host special events and hold day trips to the established "landed" clubs/resorts of the area. You might check out similar organizations in your area. The costs are generally very reasonable and there is even an option to pay-as-you-go.

Comment

Beaches are great but, well they can be a bit wild and may give you a false sense of what we nudists are all about. You might want to check out the web sites of nearby nudist venues. Many of the ones I have been to have free first time passes on their web sites. All you have to do is print it out and bring it along an wa lah you are in.

Comment

i know your budget is tight but you may look into joining aanr. they have price reductions for their membership at resorts/lodges. also some good landed and non landed groups. if anyone knows about tight budgets-it's us. http://www.aanr.com

Comment

I think you would find that there are thousands of nudists who, like my wife and I, have never been to a "resort".

Beaches cost nothing, your backyard costs nothing, inside your house costs nothing, nude swim nights are probably very cheap.

Here on in OZland we have annual festival days on nudist beaches - free.

Find some nudists to be friends with - then the opportunities are endless, nude parties, BBQs , walks with friends, dinners with friends etc etc

JAMES

Comment

quote:
                  Head out to Cape Cod to the nudist beach there. It's much cheaper then going to a nudist club.

What nudist beach? Of course, they stopped the larger nudist beach on federal land on Cape Cod some years ago, stating that it attracted too many people and was ruining the tundra or dunes.
                  The nude area at Provincetown beach was recenty declared void.
                  This leaves the small (private?) Truro beach, and the parking is impossible as well as other obstacle to that beach, so I hear.

All this is just what I have picked up from this forum, so if I am wrong, please let us know the true picture.

http://www.sunclad.com/pilgrim/capecod.asp

Comment

It is true, I am sorry to say, There Are No Leagel Nude Beaches On Cape Cod Mass.
                    I am a member of a non landed club which spondered the beach cleanup at Provencetown. There is one out of the way beach that is relitively hassel free for nude use due to the efforts of local citisens and organized clubs working together to establish a positive relationship with seashore rangers which has resulted in a mutual, but fragle, understanding allowing nude use of this beach.

Comment

I have addressed this issue many times, and so have others. Nude beaches are rare, unless you live right next to one. But, isolated land is not usually that difficult to find. Do some exploring around the community where you live, by that I mean out of the city limits. Drive, pedal, or hike out past the city limits; out in the country, on the gravel roads. Look all around as you go. What you are looking for is land with fences but no signs prohibiting tresspassing. There should be grassland and clumps of trees (No! I don't mean golf courses!). Pasture land is just fine. There should be some hills that will block the view from the roads. Explore this land while clothed and spend some time there, probably several hours so you can experience it for as long as you would while nude, except keep your clothes on this time. Visit it several times, but do not make a visible path that will attract attention. Then, when you are truly comfortable being there, try it nude in a secluded location while keeping your clothes close by. As you become more and more comfortable you can carefully explore the whole piece of land, but stay out of sight of farm buildings so they don't see you. Find and explore several such locations so that if one location becomes undesirable (maybe you've been seen?) then you have others to visit. Be careful but not scared, and enjoy!!!

Comment

quote:

South Dakota has land all over the place that has been purchased by fees collected from hunting licenses. While hunters use them frequently in the fall, the rest of the year they mostly just sit there. They are generally beautiful pieces and very natural. While there are no paths or trails, there are no people on the off season either. Depending on the piece of ground, you could easily get nude and do some free-hiking without bothering anyone. Go to your local outdoor store and ask for a hunting atlas or outdoor maps that show public land, you'll be amazed.

Comment

The budget comes up with me also. I can find an out of the way spot on Lake Michigan and find my own nude spot. The better resort that is "close" is about 2hour drive from me and with the gas I haven't gone there this year. I have camped near the location that nudist go on Lake Michigan so I will make a weekend out of that and be a part of the "nude" beach. A nudist can find a spot to enjoy somewhere even if it's only for a brief time.
                          Ray

Comment

This sounds like a fabulous idea. I only wish I were in Australia though, especially where you are!

Ken Palmer

quote:
                            Originally posted by OZJames:
                            I think you would find that there are thousands of nudists who, like my wife and I, have never been to a "resort".

Beaches cost nothing, your backyard costs nothing, inside your house costs nothing, nude swim nights are probably very cheap.

Here on in OZland we have annual festival days on nudist beaches - free.

Find some nudists to be friends with - then the opportunities are endless, nude parties, BBQs , walks with friends, dinners with friends etc etc

JAMES

Comment

I have a problem with money too. When we checked out WTR, we were shocked by the cost. We dug deeper into the fees and discovered that 13 to 15 visits amounted to more money than a yearly membership fee.
                              We then needed to figure out how often we would go. ( And we had to figure nightly fees, which were 50% off for motels rooms or camping.)
                              It's a 1 1/2 hour trip. We went with the membership, which allowed us unlimited access for the single fee, no 'day' fees. We must go about 40 weekends a year, which broken down = about $15.00 per visit, ( not per day, per weekend ) and about $10.00 for gas.
                              Since we got a site, and stay overnite up to 3 or 4 days a week, out cost becomes about $30 per visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X