Why is it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it.....

Why is it that with every profile I look at, to get a better idea of who the author of a posting is about, they "NEVER" allow their birthdates to be posted? Wouldn't/shouldn't adding on the day you were born add some perspective on your experiences on this planet, for others to learn/advise on? For instance, the poster that mentioned that he was able to spend HOURS nude at home. With an adult, on their own, it would be "BIG DEAL" but to a 13 yr old, it's a turning point (for example). So what if you're 8 or 180....So, let's see some birthdates, huh? (smile)
    Steve

Why is it that with every profile I look at, to get a better idea of who the author of a posting is about, they "NEVER" allow their birthdates to be posted? Wouldn't/shouldn't adding on the day you were born add some perspective on your experiences on this planet, for others to learn/advise on? For instance, the poster that mentioned that he was able to spend HOURS nude at home. With an adult, on their own, it would be "BIG DEAL" but to a 13 yr old, it's a turning point (for example). So what if you're 8 or 180....So, let's see some birthdates, huh? (smile)
    Steve

Comment

I, for one just realized that my birthdate doesn't show up. I put it on my profile but forgot to check the box to "allow other's to see it". I guess I just don't look at my own profile enough.

Maybe I'm not the only one that didn't know you have to check a box to show your birth date.

??????????????

Steve

Comment

We will work on that. Thanks!
        Corky

Comment

i agree that birthdates are informative, now if i could only get my avatar image to work, you guys could see me as well..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Florida David,
            I think it was your picture on the most recent page of the photo section, where you were standing at the edge of the ocean at Haulover Beach holding the hand of your two children, a child on each side of you.

I also saw the picture of you holding a cell phone beside a tent. Each of your pictures are good pictures. Now if I ever see you at Haulover Beach, this old man will recognize you and say "Hi".

Comment

Don't know if my birth date is relevant, I will tell you that I'm over 49.

Been a nudist for over 30 years! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Apparently, I'm a youngin in this crowd, at 27.

Comment

I stated on another topic somewhere that I'm only 18............with 20 years of experience! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Alright you guys,
                    This great that everyone is trying to get to know each other on a more personal note. Maybe this will make it easier for members and/or visitors of INA to meet up and have fun together. Keep it up everyone. My name is Aaron Stewart and I am 22 years old, out of Fresno Ca. Have fun everyone and stay nude. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Stevedaoust,

I'm glad you brought this up. It's a very good question.

Unfortunately, however, just like any other piece of information someone chooses to give about themselves on the internet, you'd have absolutely no idea whether someone was telling the truth, or just making it up (barring actually meeting the person or talking to them on the telephone).

I tend to usually know the age range of a person simply by the way they word their posts (i.e. grammar, sentence structure, content, etc.) I'm not saying that it works all the time. I'm sure there might be a very smart, educated 15 year old out there whose posts could look just like an older, maturer person. Conversely, I'm sure there are several older people out there who have the mentality of the average 15 year old. But that's usually the exception, not the norm. I'd say 9 times out of 10, it's pretty easy to tell.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Stevedaoust:
                        [qb]Why is it that with every profile I look at, to get a better idea of who the author of a posting is about, they "NEVER" allow their birthdates to be posted? Wouldn't/shouldn't adding on the day you were born add some perspective on your experiences on this planet, for others to learn/advise on?[/qb]
                        Ah, you too have just turned 40. Concentrates the mind wonderfully, doesn't it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I think I stated in a previous post that I'm 54. I'm not as fast as I once was but there is a lot more of me to be naked. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think I got my Birth date to work.....and as my children repeatedly point out, I did ride dinosaurs to school! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Some people have all the luck! I had to walk, because dinosaurs hadn't been invented yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X