Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who've you told your nudist?

Who have you told?
    *Immediate family (kids/parents/siblings)
    *Co-workers & Friends

Who have you told?
    *Co-workers & Friends

Comment

I should have given a third option of "no one". I'm really curious as to the out come of telling people and their reactions. Are people more comfortable telling co-workers instead of family?

Comment

I told some of my friends. My former wife & my present wife told my family & probably enough other friends for it to be known by just about everyone that knows me ! LOL

Comment

I tell people if it comes up in conversation or if asked for any reason (e.g. the gobare site). For example, if someone asks where I went on holiday and it was a naturist holiday I will tell them, I won't go out of my way to purposely introduce it into conversation or get on my soap box and 'start spreading the word' about it - it's just that kind of attitude that really annoys me.

A lot of my friends know and most of my family, but as my father has been a naturist for 45 years thats hardly surprising! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

CS.

Comment

I have told a few at work because they stop at the house sometimes, and I dont always have a pair of shorts handy to put on although we live 350 feet off the road and I have a great alarm outside that barks if someone is coming.
            I have also told my neibors that I am nude on the back deck but I do use a screen because they have young children.

Comment

Being a nudist is so natural and right to me that I forget that not everyone thinks that way. When I tell people I'm selling my home and that I will be living in a trailer, they sometimes ask where. Then I tell them Turtle Lake Nudist Resort. I get a lot of shocked replies. I don't care who knows, but not everyone thinks it's OK. I don't always feel like trying to convince people it's a perfectly natural way of living.

Of course, my daughters know, and I've told some men at work. Before i retired I told a few women at work, and they were embarrassed, so I don't tell women any more for fear of them complaining and getting me into trouble over something that is natural. I also don't tell it to the women because of this "sexual harrassment" thing going these days. If you say ANYTHING to a woman that she doesn't like, especially of the least sexual nature, they can cry "Sexual harrassment!".

Comment

Our children know. Have known for a couple of years. They are supportive and non judgemental about it. Were a little taken back by it at first but after a few conversations and lots of answered questions, they don't have a problem with it.

My co-workers know. My wife's do not. Lots of my co-workers are curious and I think would try it but aren't at the age to get past the nudity = sex thing.

I would tell more people but my wife is very selective. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have told my wife's sister, two of her brides maids, and a couple of friends. It turns out that her sister and the two brides maids think nudism is great and enjoy it themselves. They have been great help with me opening up to my wife about nudism. Which is great, bcs now my wife is half way to being a nudist herself.

T

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by NW Nude:
                    [qb] Who have you told?
                    *Co-workers & Friends [/qb]
                    Just voted on both cause after a few nude performance art pieces, most of my friends, co-workers, parents, brothers and complete strangers have seen me naked. Haven't really told anyone. I guess cause I'm pretty comfy with being naked and when I have beeen asked or said something, while clothed, many don't seem surprised. Guess it's my personality. Everyone's naked under their clothes anyway. Don't be ashamed just take em off and relax, (but do give a little respect to those uncomfortable with it).

Comment

I have been open and pro-active about being a nudist with my friends and co workers, telling them that if they come over to the house, they had better call first, if they don't ,well quite likely they will find me nude. so far no problems.
                      However, the joke is that they have had more a problem with the fact that i go underwear free 24/7/365 that is other than socks. go figure

doug

Comment

My wife knows, but she's not a naturist herself, though I took her to a free beach once.
                        My parents know, though they think I'm a rather "latent" naturist, i.e. they think I spend far less time as a nudist than I actually do.

I never told my colleagues - but then I change jobs relatively frequently - but surprisingly, my wife told her sister and some of her colleagues at the school where she teaches. Nobody seemed to be shocked or surprised, though they're a rather conservative lot. Anyway, they're unlikely to ever see me as a naturist here, unless they're naturists themselves.

Comment

No family members, but many friends know it and I took the time to tell them to be discreet about discussing it, as to not offend people, or to hurt me professionally. Very few friends will offer to go the local gatherings. But, they have a good attitude about it and have not put it down. When folks visit, I dress and not impose it upon them.

Comment

Years ago, my second wife and I did a lot of campaigning for free beaches, and got on radio and TV, and in the print media, so virtually everyone knew.
                            We were in business, active in community affairs, and very much into the social scene, but there were no problems in that respect.
                            A lot of things changed when Kathy got sick, but that's life, isn't it?
                            I go dancing 3 or 4 times a week, and constantly meet people who remember seeing us [nude] on TV. Their comments are always favourable, sometimes very much so.
                            I have a dark tan, and new aquaintances often say, "You look like you enjoy the beach".
                            "Yes, I do."
                            "Which beach do you go to?"
                            "Warnboro."
                            "Oh, that's the nude beach, isn't it?"
                            "Yes, that's right."
                            I realise that not everyone can "come out" as easily as that, but my experience suggests that, if you don't make a big thing of it, others are less likely to.

Comment

My parents found out when they found my International Guide to Naturist Beaches/Resorts when I was in college. Most close friends know. None of my co-workers know. I recently went to the bookstore to get this issue of N and the woman at the register was someone I know through school...so, she looked at the magazine, then me with a smile...it was funny. I said my secret's out...she laughed and said no big deal.
                              J

Comment

Working...
                              X