Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to try it or not? Summer's half over already....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going to try it or not? Summer's half over already....

I find myself driven to post on this topic often.

It's mid-summer here in the northeast and I still see people "uh, I need someone to help me." "I need someone to go with." "I don't know what to do."

DO YOU WANT TO GET INTO NUDISM AND TRY IT OUT? THEN DO IT.

Myth number 1 = there are no nudist facilities in my area.

Truth = aanr.com, naturistsociety.com fcn.ca all have listings of clubs in North America. Check out your state or province or surrounding ones. USE THE PHONE AND CALL. They will happily explain what they are about, but they may also ask YOU questions as well.

Myth number 2 = "I'm a single male. I won't be welcome."

Truth = In the last 20 years, the situation for single males has improved immeasurably. Radically. Yes, some do not accept singles.

Others have a "quota system" -- which can mean anything from "a single male has a snowball's chance" all the way to "we screen but if you're OK, we're OK with you."

And, many have NO restrictions -- even if they reserve the right to impose them in the future.

If a club admits singles, then it means that they're not ANTI-single. You will go, you will get a brief tour, a couple of introductions, and a few little social niceties, and after that - you're on your own. Most parks have sports, games, dances, etc., and create social opportunities.

Myth number 3 = "I need someone to help me. I've never done this before."

Hell, lots of people never did this before they did it for the first time. But let me tell you - this is blunt --

This is SOCIAL nudism. If you cannot bring yourself to picking up the phone and calling a site and going out and spending a day at a park -- this might not be for you. You have to be able to communicate and get along with others.

If you can and will take that step, you'll make friends. You'll laugh, cry, eat, dance, drink, share stories, and in all likelihood will expand the dimensions of your life further than you had ever expected.

Or you can spend your summer at the keyboard.

Your choice. Your call.

It's mid-summer here in the northeast and I still see people "uh, I need someone to help me." "I need someone to go with." "I don't know what to do."

Truth = aanr.com, naturistsociety.com fcn.ca all have listings of clubs in North America. Check out your state or province or surrounding ones. USE THE PHONE AND CALL. They will happily explain what they are about, but they may also ask YOU questions as well.

Truth = In the last 20 years, the situation for single males has improved immeasurably. Radically. Yes, some do not accept singles.

Others have a "quota system" -- which can mean anything from "a single male has a snowball's chance" all the way to "we screen but if you're OK, we're OK with you."

And, many have NO restrictions -- even if they reserve the right to impose them in the future.

If a club admits singles, then it means that they're not ANTI-single. You will go, you will get a brief tour, a couple of introductions, and a few little social niceties, and after that - you're on your own. Most parks have sports, games, dances, etc., and create social opportunities.

Hell, lots of people never did this before they did it for the first time. But let me tell you - this is blunt --

This is SOCIAL nudism. If you cannot bring yourself to picking up the phone and calling a site and going out and spending a day at a park -- this might not be for you. You have to be able to communicate and get along with others.

If you can and will take that step, you'll make friends. You'll laugh, cry, eat, dance, drink, share stories, and in all likelihood will expand the dimensions of your life further than you had ever expected.

Your choice. Your call.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by usuallylurk:

Truth = aanr.com, naturistsociety.com fcn.ca all have listings of clubs in North America.

Check out CFI's Nudist Explorer @ www.clothesfree.com/worldresorts2.html also. It lists world wide naturist/nudist facilities, not just in North America.

Don't want to 'bookmark' or mark that site as a 'Favorite'

Go to the Clothes Free International Home Page and click on Places To Get Naked

Oh, great post usuallylurk

Comment

Thanks...check ALL listing sources out ....

Some have entries not found in other lists.. for instance, Abbott's Glen is found in the aanr.com list, but not in one worldresorts2.html.. one of the very active groups I belong to - Maine Coast Solar Bares, is not listed there, either.

Check them ALL out .. good point.

Comment

Dear Mr. Usually Lurk.
          Regards your point about single males, it seems not everyone has a kind word for us.
          Here is a copy of a post which only appeared today on one of our Aussie naturist groups, you can all form your own opinions. The poster is not indicative of Aussies generally.
          Regards. John S.

"You poor simple bastards. Don't you get the message, let me spell it
          out for you, you are not wanted. My suggestion is that you pick up
          your act, stop masturbating at the beach, stop invading other peoples
          space, stop using nudists beaches as a gay meeting place, its simple.
          If a minority of nudist men stop acting in an obnoxious manner than
          maybe most other nudist males may be admitted to nudist clubs. I am
          sure if all nudist locations including clubs and beaches were left to
          nudist hetrosexual couples the whole nudist scene would blossom.

Dave "

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by usuallylurk:

Your choice. Your call.

Myth # 1A: when /if you go to a Nudist Colony/Park/Resort, they'll TAKE AWAY your clothes, and you may not get them back...

Myth # 2A: there will be people having sex in the open, all over the place, all the time...

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by John Spooner. South Oz.:
              Dear Mr. Usually Lurk.
              Regards your point about single males, it seems not everyone has a kind word for us.
              Here is a copy of a post which only appeared today on one of our Aussie naturist groups, you can all form your own opinions. The poster is not indicative of Aussies generally.
              Regards. John S.

"You poor simple bastards. Don't you get the message, let me spell it
              out for you, you are not wanted. My suggestion is that you pick up
              your act, stop masturbating at the beach, stop invading other peoples
              space, stop using nudists beaches as a gay meeting place, its simple.
              If a minority of nudist men stop acting in an obnoxious manner than
              maybe most other nudist males may be admitted to nudist clubs. I am
              sure if all nudist locations including clubs and beaches were left to
              nudist hetrosexual couples the whole nudist scene would blossom.

Dave "

I find that statement offensive. And not reflective of all American nudists.

This is getting somewhat off the track of the thread -- most American nudist parks now admit single males. Some do so on a quota basis -- not that males are distrusted -- but because parks wish to maintain a gender balance on their grounds.

After having spent around 28 years in social nudism I can confirm several things ---

- the situation has improved for single males over the last quarter century.

- allowed to go without restrictions, a facility will have more men than women. I have learned to accept that there are legitimate concerns both for and against gender balancing. The defense of the former is the establishment of a comfort zone for women. It can't be ignored, nor can we say "the hell with 'em."

- most clubs that admit single males are accepting of them socially -- provided the single male is a socialble person

- singles - be they guys or gals - who enter nudism with a fever toward finding a mate of the opposite sex, may end up disappointed.

I'm sure that similar situations arise in Oz, where a great many more men wish to participate in nudism than women.

BUT -- I originally posted this as a WELCOME -- c'mon guys (or anyone, couples, women, for that matter) -- come on out and try this out. Get off the computer and get over to the naturist club.

I hear all sorts of excuses -

"Ooh, I can't, I can't go alone." Hey, dudes, you're going to make friends there.

"Oh, they probably won't let me in." Some won't, but most will.

"The people there won't accept me." Bull ca-ca. If you have normal social skills, and can get along with people, they will.

My point is - don't let what you hear get in the way of your trying it out. People that do are missing more than they might imagine.

Comment

Dear Usually Lurk.
                We would agree that the post from the "Dave" fellow would not be indicative of most nudists in most countries. It is certainly insulting as we have both noted.
                I took the opportunity to reply to him on the same forum, here is my post for the information of all interested.
                Best regards. John S.
                ----------------------------------

"This would have to be one of the worst, discriminatory, patronising
                and ignorant pieces of garbage ever posted on a naturist group.
                Mr. Zephyr, it is obvious that you are not an Australian as real
                Aussies do not act like this, please go back to where you originally
                come from as you do not belong in my country.
                If and when you ever descend back to the real world from your
                isolated fantasy land, you will be amazed to see that there are
                single people out there, plus disabled, people with different
                coloured skins, in fact a large percentage of the world`s population
                is single now.
                It is because of bigots like you that we have Equal Opportunity
                Laws. If the world was still governed by people with your ideology
                then women would not be able to vote, we would still be riding horses
                and anyone not fitting your criteria would be in prison or slavery.
                Praise God that He does not think like you and discriminate on
                marital status and gender. In fact you would discriminate against
                Jesus Himself as He was single.
                Regards. John S. "

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by John Spooner.
                  Praise God that He does not think like you and discriminate on
                  marital status and gender. In fact you would discriminate against
                  Jesus Himself as He was single.
                  Regards. John S. "

OK, I agree with most of your posting -- but I also think that clubs that gender balance, have quotas, etc. should not be confused with those who made radical statements as that person did.

As I said -- I have learned to accept the fact that the "gender balancing" system will never be eliminated -- in fact, because some parks and clubs have it, it results in a GROWTH factor for nudism.

Those who go to couples/families groups do NOT necessarily dislike singles.

If options weren't available, you'd have fewer couples and women in nudism. I'm not going to debate this until the cows come home -- but I am a member of two clubs that have no restrictions, and one that does.

Each has their merits. The leading argument in favor of some clubs retaining their couples/families orientation --- they are gateways for the reluctant partner -- and in a hetero couple, the reluctant partner is the female half of the couple. Given that a gentleman only has one chance to make a first impression with a reluctant (female) partner, it's a pretty good option.

That being said - the posting that was made by the unnamed Oz person is still pretty offensive.

AND -- this thread started not as a "restriction" vs "open gate" thread , but as an invitation to ALL to go out and try it.

I hate to generalize, but the majority of "I need help" "I need someone to go with" "They won't like me" posts are from single males. These are the folks that need encouragement more than anyone, it seems to me.

Comment

There's still one or two issues not addressed. The most pressing for me is the dreaded age difference.

For better or worse, everyone that I end up going to resorts, beaches or clothing optional hot springs have at least 15 years on me (I'm in my early thirties). Most of 'em have more then that. I consider them friends and don't really care about the age difference.

However, I reckon that the majority of younger people - especially ones in thier twenties - simply don't want to hang out with people 20 years older. Since no one else in thier circle of friends regularly go, idea of going to a resort or a beach is very, very foreign to them. Even though they'd have the right attitude and be comfortable with themselves, the thought of going doesn't really cross thier minds. Then, when it does, all of the typical myths cross thier minds (i.e. that the beach is full of swingers, gay guys only looking to pick up on other guys, or lots of creepy oglers, etc.).

It's unfortunate, but true... I've just started to try to do my part to change things by informing friends and debunking the myths, but it'll be an uphill battle...

Comment

Try this place if your near FL its only cost $5 and a great way to introduce yourself to social nudism.

South Florida Free Beaches Link

Comment

Tyrone;

It's a catch 22 type of problem.

Younger people don't go because there are too many older people there. When they become older themselves they finally decide to go anyway. Thus becomming the "older people" that keep the younger people from wanting to go.

I don't have the answer to the problem. Except for encouraging you and any younger people to go as often as they can. You might be the one younger person there that makes the difference for the next "first timer" that shows up looking for someone your age to be there.

Steve

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Nude in the North:
                          Tyrone;

It's a catch 22 type of problem.

Younger people don't go because there are too many older people there. When they become older themselves they finally decide to go anyway. Thus becomming the "older people" that keep the younger people from wanting to go.

I don't have the answer to the problem. Except for encouraging you and any younger people to go as often as they can. You might be the one younger person there that makes the difference for the next "first timer" that shows up looking for someone your age to be there.

Steve

Similar complaints are made about some clubs being too predominately male -- couples won't go because there aren't enough people like themselves there.

Not enough younger people? Go, and encourage your other younger friends to go.

Not enough (whatever)? (Whatever you are) , go, and convince your friends to go as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X