couldn't do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couldn't do it

I've been wanting to go to Glen Eden for more years then I want to say (I'm 27 now) but I just can't get calling to book and ap. and the fear of not knowing anyone, while everyone else has their clicks. I was totally determined to go in December when I was in the high 70's but just couldn't pick up the phone.

Re: couldn't do it

i'm so very sorry you weren't able to go thru with it. but as they say, try, try again

i have vowed to go to wildwood (decateur texas) this year after it warms up...and i think i may be able to actually talk my wife into going

Comment

Racinjason i dont know if gleneden is a good place to start as a single 27 male,it seems that storys about getting in are difficult,an ther quite selective an over protective,i have been driving by there location for 40 years on my way to other places ,but thats there business,my wife an i found great other locatios so dont be discouraged if they dont let you in.naken

Comment

Whew! I thought I was the only one who would ever have trouble picking up the phone. Don't give up. After you have called and gone to a resort you will be kicking yourself and wondering what all the fuss was about.

Comment

wow, I didnt think Glen Eden would be weird about single men, that sucks. Do you have any suggestions for any place/goup withn an hour of orange county

Comment

the other places if you do call with time are olive dell and where I go when there is a quota of single guys is deer park and they are very nice and the place is full of friends and a nice place to enjoy the freedom and sun and most of all the entire staff are so helpful when I go there. so enyoy the stay and just take plenty of cover bloc and suntan oil so you will not burn. see you there once the weather warms up.

Comment

Originally posted by racinjason View Post
              I've been wanting to go to Glen Eden for more years then I want to say (I'm 27 now) but I just can't get calling to book and ap. and the fear of not knowing anyone, while everyone else has their clicks. I was totally determined to go in December when I was in the high 70's but just couldn't pick up the phone.
              The only one stopping it is you, think it an adventure, gosh I went to Australia by myself and to an AANR Eastover in Lennox event and met great people there. It takes nothing to pick up the phone, I did it transatlantic call, even with my dodgy Scots accent. Do it when you are still young, you will never regret it.

Comment

Consider sending them and email explain your concerns and tell them a bit about yourself and see what kind of response you get. I would also send similar emails to other resorts in that area there are about 5-6 others with in a couple hours drive of there.

Comment

It's called SOCIAL nudism. You are the only one who can make that call. If you can't pick up the phone and make the call, then perhaps you're not ready for our world, which does have an extensive amount of social interaction.

I wouldn't call and say "I'm afraid".... a club might avoid inviting you out ; if you're afraid to socialize with others, and can't mingle with strangers, a club might think that "this isn't for you."

You don't have to be "Mr. Popularity" -- you DO have to be able to engage in conversations. Single male "wallflowers" tend to not get along with people in nudism, but single male minglers do.

Pick up the phone, go out, and enjoy.

Comment

A few years ago I had downloaded a free day pass from Glen Eden and while in California I decided to visit. I did not call in advance which did not seem to be a problem. I completed the information form which included marital status. I am married but the wife wants nothing to do with nudism. The lady that took my information said I was welcome to stay for the day but if I decided to return I would have to be accompanied by my wife. That's not going to happen.

I was given a tour of the facility by a very nice lady who explained all of the amenities of the resort. Before the tour began she informed me I would have to be nude, which was not a problem for me. It is a very nice resort and would recommend you stop in and enjoy the day.

Do not worry about being nude in a social environment as after a short time you will not even remember your nude.

Comment

Thank you for the great input. I'm not socially retarded, I was just nervious about calling and setting up the situation. I'll email Glen Eden and see what kind of response I get. I've tried to get some girlfriends of mine interested but it didnt work out.
                      Are there any groups for people in my area?

Comment

Making a phone call may not be the problem. Have you any other experience with social nudity? If not, you might try going to a local beach to expand your comfort zone. After that, calling the resort may be easier to do. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Thank you for the great input. I'm not socially retarded, I was just nervious about calling and setting up the situation. I'll email Glen Eden and see what kind of response I get. I've tried to get some girlfriends of mine interested but it didnt work out.
                          Are there any groups for people in my area?
                          If you're in Southern California, there probably are groups -- check the aanr.com and naturistsociety.com pages.

You might also try making a trip to one of the TNS Gatherings or Festivals. At those places, it's a large group, you make friends very easily, and it's far more relaxed than a first-time club visit.

Comment

If you make the drive over to Palm Springs, Desert Sun welcomes single guys, has a wonderful staff and friendly people. If you let me know you're going .. and we're around, we'll show up and sit with you to break the ice. The first time at any place is always a bit nervous but in our experience that usually disappears in the first 10 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan M View Post
                              The only one stopping it is you, think it an adventure, gosh I went to Australia by myself and to an AANR Eastover in Lennox event and met great people there. It takes nothing to pick up the phone, I did it transatlantic call, even with my dodgy Scots accent. Do it when you are still young, you will never regret it.
                              And we all met you!

But there's a difference -- you had no problem picking up the phone and making a phone call to book your stay at Eastover (Well, yeah, their 800 number doesn't work from Scotland, I had to get you a direct number), and you viewed it as an adventure that it was.

Some guys can't pick up the telephone and make that first contact. And it should be over the phone. They cry "I need help" -- and help is here, but they still have to pick up the phone. AND -- one other thing, it is SOCIAL nudism. You have to be able to socialize with others. If a person can't do that,

a) they're going to wonder "why is he here, then?" and
                              b) if the person can't make a phone call, does he belong in our realm? If someone can't do that, he may not find social nudism to be a pleasant personal experience.

This is not an attack on the original poster who started this thread, but it would raise questions on the part of the club. If a guy is too afraid to make a phone call, they're going to question whether he'll fit in at the club, and also his motives for coming out to the club. They will want to talk to him before letting him in their "house", so to speak.

Ewan, you had already "met" a few guys and gals from this forum and it was a blast getting together. We already "knew" you when you got there, and I also met freedom2be at the soda fountain, not aware that I had chatted with her many times in CFF. It was a little while later, that mrs lurk was chatting with her, and she said "oh, my husband's online, too" ... so, yeah, I met her, but already knew her, but wasn't aware that it was her the first time we met face-to-face!

With your Scots accent, I knew it was you (although she pointed you out to us).

My buddy John still asks about you, so do the couple from Maine. I will likely be seeing all of them this weekend at a swim & social, and I will let them know we exchanged posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X