Wow it is nice to be back in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow it is nice to be back in NY

Spent a few years in the south, nice and warm but did not fit in. New friends in NY are Naturist as well as the family. No problem being nude with the parents but am a bit worried about the kids. It is new to us not them.

Hope to be free in my own skin

K

Spent a few years in the south, nice and warm but did not fit in. New friends in NY are Naturist as well as the family. No problem being nude with the parents but am a bit worried about the kids. It is new to us not them.

Hope to be free in my own skin

K

Comment

Welcome to the forums, and welcome home (NYC?) as well. From a confirmed city boy.

What specifically worries you about the kids?

Un

Comment

One step at a time Darwin.....They are comfortable with it even if you are not.

You will find that when children are raised in a naturist environment, they are taught from day one about body acceptance and things of that nature. They see nothing wrong with it, in fact find it quite normal. They tend not to have the same hangups as non-naturist families.

Could you elaborate on your concern?

Comment

Welcome Darwin

Comment

welcome to the forum. once you get adjusted you'll enjoy many nude family days together.

Comment

Around adults I am free to be my self, I act and do as I wish but around children I have always controlled my behavior. With kids I am understanding and helpful, but with adults if they don't understand I have to repress the need to choke the crap out of them.

In speaking with my wife about it we agreed that the social taboo of what is apporpriate around children is stronger than what is exeptable with adults. It is a question we never asked ourselves before, nor expected. While it is not something we see as wrong we are just not comfortable yet.

The childern referenced in this are wonderful, open and smart. Clearly they are more well adjusted than us.

I my family we did not openly discuss the initmacies of our lives until I was well into college.

Cheers,
              K

Comment

Darwin,
                It took us a few years before we decided to introduce the kids to social nudism. We have been nude at home for as long as they can remember. This summer we went to Solair as a family and the kids took to it instantly. They want to go back....maybe even live there.
                This is all about your comfort zone. Take the time that you need and the family will understand. If you are not comfortable with the kids around, then the social times can be altered so the kids are not involved.

Are you uncomfortable with their nudity? Or are you uncomfortable being nude around them?

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Darwin:
                  In speaking with my wife about it we agreed that the social taboo of what is apporpriate around children is stronger than what is exeptable with adults.

Do you feel that it is a social taboo to have children involved in social nudism? I understand your comfort level, as everyone has their own zone of tolerence and comfort.

As far as children in a naturist environment I have found that, as a rule they are much more self confident with themselves, much more accepting and less cruel to other children and not as interested in the "sexual side of nudity"

The sexual side of nudity is probably the hardest to overcome. We see it everyday in our society. The news, TV, books and magazines seem to all contain that sex sells attitude.

The sad part about it is because nudity has been twisted by our society into a sex thing, parents often TOTALLY SHEILD their children from the body in its natural state. Unfortunatly by doing this they are actually subconsciencely teaching their kids that 1. the body is bad and something to be ashamed of (why kids feel they need to change in their locker at school during gym, etc) and 2. It makes the kids VERY interested in what is "forbidden to see" And guess what, they will see it anyway and not by an appropriate source. I am not sure which is worse.

Like my wife krcNY said we were not comfortable at first, but then after a while we noticed other kids and how well adjusted they were.They were all really good kids. We also were told by a expert child phsycologist that it is healthy for children as long as we had the comfort level needed.

You can also look at facts in other societies where nudism is more accepted than it is in the US you find that there is fewer sex crimes and fewer teen pregnancy etc.

It is a shame that here in the US we have taken something so natural and made it into something so bad. Between the sex everywhere you look to the prudish attitude trying to make others feel so bad about the nude body, that some people are so ashamed they will not even get nude in front of their own spouse. I am glad that my children have experienced a healthy veiw of the body, both their own and of others. They know that no one is a perfect 10 and every one is different. They accept it all, and are not ashamed, and the great thing is they are not looking elsewhere.

Sorry for the rant...I lost my head

erc

Comment

That rant sounds a lot like a conversations we have had in the past. Actually, regarding many different topics. We agree wholeheartedly. As for K's question, we are totally comfortable with the childrens' nudity. We are not entirely comfortable being nude in front of them yet. We agree that there is nothing improper about it. By the way, this is A. For me, I am not comfortable enough with my body yet for daylight, other than with K. That is my issue, and I have to get over it. Luckily, I have a supportive husband. It's wierd because I was raised to accept my body, and my family doesn't much cover up. I am just currently not happy with my body, and that has been a problem lately.

Comment

Hi A,
                      I had no problem accepting my body when I was 99 lbs. Since having kids my body had changed and I have learned to live with it. I will continue to try and tone and stay in shape, but it will never be like it was 14 years ago. Sometimes I feel I look better without the clothes...especially my swimsuit.

BTW, it is good to see you both posting on the forums. ErcNY and I did that for a couple of months, then I set up my own name. My avatar is one of my lilies from my garden last summer.

Comment

Hi A,

Welcome to you as well as your husband K. If you're so inclined, you may want to do as krcNY did and set up your own username, in order that you might have access to the Women in Naturism forum. Although viewable by all, its set up so that only women may post to it. Sometimes us guys don't know when to shut up, you see...

UW

Comment

quote:
                          Sometimes I feel I look better without the clothes...especially my swimsuit.
                          I think that this is true at all times, and I don't mean for prurient reasons. I've often noticed that clothes accentuate, rather than hide, body flaws (not that people are expected to be flawless, I just couldn't think of a better word right now). For example, a lady of 34-35 at our campground always strikes me as pleasantly attractive, then one day during "her time" she was wearing underpants and I remember thinking (to myself only, of course), "Golly, I've never before noticed that her stomach sticks out that far!" So clothes, swimsuits especially, only serve to draw attention to certain body parts, instead of letting the observer see the uninterrupted beauty of the complete person. This is along the line of thought brought out by nunne's thread "Have you ever seen a naked woman (who was not beautiful?)."

Comment

Hey, N.Y. looks pretty good now doesn't! With all the hurricanes ,flooding,etc. I'll put up with my short summers ,cloudy,rainy,and most of all the 3-5 feet of snow! "I LOVE N.Y."
                            Run Well and Smooth----Rroadrambler

Comment

MOBOY I hear ya...My wife and I were at a swim and we arrived late and everyone was already naked..we had a great time. Then everyone got dressed to go and continued talking at the gate. I have to say that there were a couple there that looked like a train wreck with clothes on. (tried to say it nice) Without clothes good, with clothes

Road rambler I hear what you are saying ...but my tune may change come January.

Comment

Working...
                              X