Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nudeM
    replied
    Free-spirit, I tend to believe that people at nudist beaches are not 'unfriendly' but wish to be left alone when they are nude. I know I have tried to make conversation to nudists at a beach, only to be shunned. I did find someone who was willing to talk, but for the most part, I believe they just want to be left alone and enjoy some nude time to themselves, without interacting.

Leave a comment:

• Cheffred
    replied
    My wife and I were basically closet nudists for a few years as we ventured to clothing optional hot springs occasionally. But when we had pictures taken of our daughters nude and pregnant I found the real beauty of nudity. Then I studied nudity for a college essay I wrote and found that I loved the concepts and ideas of the nudist lifestyle and well for my wife and I we have fully embraced nudity and all it has to offer

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I never once interacted with strangers at a beach, and I'm not sure it would be any different at a nude beach.

At a nudist resort, however, you're together in the hot tub and pool, play different games together, and just generally have closer contact with others than you do at a beach.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzer
    replied
    You may have just gone at the wrong time. The others may have sensed your "newness" and thought you would rather be left to yourself. Go another time and the atmosphere may be very different.

Leave a comment:

• Free-spirit
    replied
    Thank you for all the inputs. I just went swimming nude last Sunday at Lake Tahoe and actually enjoyed it.

I just wish that the nudists there at Secret Creek are friendlier. The atmosphere there is to each is your own. Many are not interested in interacting with fellow nudist. As a newbie, I expect that they will somehow give me some encouragements.

Or could it be because I'm an Asian and they're thinking I'm different from them.

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    Sometimes I think i am a real minority, being I have always been a nudist. I was raised in a naturist household from birth on. So social nudity is all I have ever know, and I may add will contiune to know until the Grim Reaper makes his visit. I was raised at the old Zorro nature park, sorry to say it's long gone, along with two siblings. One has passed over, the other is still a practicing nudist. I married a naturist gal, also has passed on, and raised one child as a nudist. The child, a daughter, has chosen not to remain in the lifestyle. But, she is well into her 30's so it's her choice.

Leave a comment:

• John Spooner
    replied
    When I was studying for my projectionists licence in my early 20`s, the operator of the cinema I was trained at and some of his mates took me down to Maslins Beach which had recently been declared a legal nude beach.
    That was the catalyst which started me off.
    John S.

Leave a comment:

• sawdust
    replied
    I was about 7 or 8 years old when my folks bought me a membership in our local YMCA. Back then in the mid to late 50es we were allowed to swim in the nude. I found the experiance wonderful and freeing. I was also in the BSA at that same time and at summer camp all the scouts swam in the nude. It was not unusual to see a number of boys walking to or from the lake in the nude. No one thought a thing about it as being wrong or sinful. My folks knew naturally that these activities were taking place in the nude. They never questioned me about and did not experess an opinion one way ot the other. All I remember was that I was young and it all was lots of fun.

As I got older I started to find time to be nude and in the woods or at a lake by myself. I had a few friends and we would all ride our bikes out to a near by lake for a day of nude swimming and sunning. Again, it was all innoicent and fun.

Having these social experiances at being publicly nude helped me adjust to future lockerroom and military times. When asked to, required to or ordered to "get naked" it was no big deal.

I remember vividly my first day in the USAF. We were all marched to a large building. In groups of a dozen or so we entered a room and ordered to strip naked. We were then all handed a duffle bag into which we put our civie clothing. By the time we exited the far end of the building we had a bag full of military clothing and were dressed as USAF personel. Some guys tried hiding behind the guy in front of them so as to no be seen. That ended when the Sgt made us all stand in the nude side by side in a row.

I slept in the nude through most of basic training and tech school and always once I was assigned to a base. I was not alone as a number of guys also slept in the nude.

Prior to getting married I told my then wife to be that I slept in the nude and would like her to do likewise. It is now 37 years later and we still sleep in the nude most of the time. Sawdust

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've told this here before, but once more won't hurt.

All my life I've enjoyed being nude. I have always slept nude; it just seemed the natural thing to do--particularly since I never had any PJ's. I bought one pair to use in the hospital and eventually threw them away. If I'm in the hospital again, it will be without PJ's.

My parents never hired a sitter for me as a child. I remember being home alone as young as 5, and I would always be nude. At age 5 my 8-year-old brother played that we were nudists. We had somehow heard the word and had some idea of what it meant. I would sneak out of the house at night as a child and a teen and walk around nude. I skinny dipped every chance I got--even at the local beach. Swimsuits then were very small (like brief-type underwear). I would go out to the deep water, take them off and carry them in my hand as I enjoyed being nude while everyone else wore swimsuits.

I would find places where I could be nude in the daytime without being seen, although I nearly got caught a few times.

When I got married I continued to be nude in the home, and my wife didn't care, but she didn't join me.

In 2001 I found this Web site and looking at the photos gave me the courage to go to a nudist venue. My first time at one and I was hooked. I couldn't go back if I wanted to, and I don't!

Leave a comment:

• Ben_m
    replied
    I certainly never considered myself a nudist or a naturist until about 3 or 4 years ago. However, while I refused to shower in a locker room I was also secretly nude whenever I could get away with it and for as long as I can remember. I was hugely conflicted about it.

When I saw similar behavior in my oldest daughter (at a very young age herself - it didn't last...), I started to wonder if what I thought to be true, making me something of a perverted wanna-be, I realized, was really true. It took a lot of searching for me and quite a bit of time and thinking. Eventually, I completely changed realizing the errors in my previous thinking. But, it wasn't something that happened over night, nor easily for me and lots of contributing factors and people helped me along the way.

I still feel constrained in my naturist practice by certain factors and in certain ways, but I have realized and done things that I never dreamed I would and loved every minute of it. I could not go back. There is nothing worth going back to.

Leave a comment:

• fred950
    replied
    Like NudeM, my story has been posted before. And like M, I guess I too, will repeat it.

As an infant, my mom said that I would take off my own diapers...And remember, this was long before 'huggies' and tape closers were ever heard of!

As a youngster, I was 'jealous' of the African / Amazon Rain Forest natives in National Geographics who were naked all of the time!

At age 10 or 11, I simplly stopped wearing jammies' and started to sleep nude.

As a teen I used to get together with some friends to do some skinny dipping in a pool 'Behide the Barn'. Plus, while in high school, came into possion of an early sixies' nudist magazine. ( The Nudist Way of Life.) Also in this time frame, after taking a shower other members of my family would hold their towel in front of them (while otherwise nude) I would just hold the towel making no effort to cover up.

While in college, I was part of a loosely formed skinny-dipping club that used the university's pool after hours.

All this while and during my marrage, I was what is referred to here as a 'House Nudist'. After my divorce I sought out nudist ventures near me winding up first as a regular at Mazo Beach. When the soft sand of Mazo got to be too much for my right foot, I went to Valley View and haven't looked back since.

Leave a comment:

• andy_ma
    replied
    Hmmmm, well I was born this way and I knew early on that I felt most comfortable this way. Like NudistGuy47, I too grew up on a farm, and enjoyed free hiking in my teens when nobody was home. Of course as soon as the family left the house and I had it to my house, I too then stripped down to relax. Officially, I guess it was about 1987 when I left home to go to college and had my own place. No looking back and enjoy being nude to this day.

Leave a comment:

• Ruins of Ayutthaya
    replied
    No one special moment that suddenly converted me here, it was pretty gradual.

I had always enjoyed being naked throughout my life, of course. (Who doesn't?) And I was lucky enough to have a pool to help feed those tendencies whenever I felt like going swimming without having anything crowding around my body. Still, I really didn't think much of it for many years.

A few years ago, I was wandering around the internet when I rather unceremoniously came across some nudist sites. I was pretty shocked at first to see such a lifestyle officially existed, much less had so many well-organized communities. Still, after some quick exploring through these sites, I realized that I wasn't alone in my wanting to be naked and more or less went "official", so to speak. Now I can't stop.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Cabrera
    replied
    I, too, did not just wake up one morning and think of myself as a nudist.
    I remember as a very very young boy, taking my PJ's off during the night. In the morning my mother would come in to wake me up and find my PJ's on floor. By the time I was 10 or so, I would take my clothes off when my family wasn't at home and run around naked. When I started to drive at the age of 16 I would drive out to a local lake and find a secluded area where I could strip my clothes off and hang out nude. Then when I turned 18 years old, I realized that there were "others" out there just like me, so I went to nudist resort and I was hooked for life. It just kept getting better from there.

Leave a comment:

• nudeM
    replied
    Just by reading the stories, I tend to think we all had nudist tendencies when we were younger. I know I did. My story is basically the same, took off the clothes when I was alone at home, or slept nude at times.

But when I first discovered I liked the lifestyle, was about three years ago. After surfing the web and found this site, I decided right then and there, life was too short, so I literally dropped my shorts in the living room, in front of my wife (hw). She thought I lost it. I was going through a very tragic time in my life (family deaths), and decided I had to live my life.

To make a long story short, she has since became accepting of my nakedness, but only when the house is clear of kids. She has since been a regular here on the forums and has made many friends. I admit, I became a 'hard core' nudist, but for the wrong reasons. I liked being naked so much, I put it ahead of my family. To this, I have 'tamed down', but I still don't wear anything when on the computer, but I will wear shorts when my sons' and grandsons' friends over, or when my daughter visits.

Very interesting question. For the older members, you have probably heard my story before, but I repeated it for the newer members. Hard to believe the many different aspirations that have been similiar, just to gain the same goal, and that is to live life without clothes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X