Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfort meeting friends and relatives

Hello:
    I am new to nudism and seek advice from others.
    If you are nude and meet friends or relatives who are clothed; do you feel a sense of discomfort?

Hello:
    I am new to nudism and seek advice from others.
    If you are nude and meet friends or relatives who are clothed; do you feel a sense of discomfort?

Comment

I don't know; it hasn't happened to me, but I doubt it would matter. Where would I be nude and they not, except here at the resort.

Comment

Depends on you...and the situation I would think. If they are visiting you then Probibly not. If you are in there home and in the nude maybe.... I guess it depends on your comfort level. Hope that helps.

Comment

If my freinds or relatives meet me naked,they're either at my house or a nude beach or resort,so I guess either will just call for them to deal with it .Nude and Natural in Bama.

Comment

I feel a little awkward at first when it's someone that hasn't seen me nude before. It's more from not knowing how they will react than from me being uncomfortable with them seeing me.
            Once they get used to being around me and their embarrassment subsides I go back to being my normal, casual self.
            Most of the people I have told that I'm a nudist don't believe me untill they actually come over and find me nude. So the first time is usually a bit strange for them.

Steve

Comment

Haven't been in that situation yet but I believe I would be uncomfortable. No one in my family knows about my lifestyle as of yet but they haven't visited of late. I guess it would also depend upon who was visiting. It would be different with my parents then with a cousin.

Also, I presume the location would make a difference. If it was at a nudist resort, then that would be much different than at my home.

I guess my answer didn't help you a lick. Sorry.

Comment

Nope not one bit. If you are nude an happen to meet it must mean you are in a location that it is okay to be nude in. I might cover myself with a towel but then again I might not if it was appropriate to remain nude e.g. nude beach or nude resort or my own hot tub or pool in my own private backyard.

Comment

I am usually comfortable meeting others while nude I cannot speak for the people I meet. Mary is used to it, my two daughters don't even bat an eye, My Mom seems to be comfortable, but my sister and brother-in-law may be a differant story. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Nu...my experience with meeting/greeting family and friends have been positive experiences and I have not felt uncomfortable being nude in front of them. If my guests felt uncomfortable, then they hide it well.

Last summer I had some old friends come for a short visit, and before their arrival they asked me if I was going to be nude or dressed. I told them that I was a nudist and would be nude while at home, and then I followed that statement with the question, "that doesn't bother you does it?" and their response was, "oh....we expected that but just wanted to know ahead of time." When they arrived I was nude and stayed nude the entire time they were here and we had a wonderful time visiting. A week after they had left I received a thank you card in the mail thanking me for a wonderful time. They even joked about me being nude in the card saying they were glad to see me; "all of me." I thought it was a nice way of staying they accepted my nudity.

As for family members, only one of my three sisters have visisted me while I was nude. During their visit my sister felt comfortable enough to go topless, while my brother inlaw couldn't get his clothes off fast enough. And we stayed that way for most of their visit. When my sister made mention of this to one of my other sisters, it was not a big deal to her. In fact I think her response was, "our brother has never been bashfull."

Comment

Working...
                    X