The "Safe" Nudist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Safe" Nudist

For over five years I've been what I refer to as a "safe" nudist. I have professed my nudism to my parents, brothers, sister and most of my relatives. I've even been open about it at work. I have been fortunate that my family and freinds are open minded, even though they don't share in my opinion about nudity. Now, what I mean about being a "safe" nudist is that even though I believe in the nudist lifestyle I have'nt really been practicing it. Sure I go to the nudists beach, the nudist camps and resorts. But it is always by myself and around strangers. I honestly can't say how I'll react if someone I know sees me naked. It is for this reason that I made conscious decision to be more pro-active in nudism. I joined a local nudist club and started volunteering for events. I feel that by doing this I increase my chances of being seen and finally become a real nudist instead of a "safe" nudist. To steal a phrase, "it's time to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk".

For over five years I've been what I refer to as a "safe" nudist. I have professed my nudism to my parents, brothers, sister and most of my relatives. I've even been open about it at work. I have been fortunate that my family and freinds are open minded, even though they don't share in my opinion about nudity. Now, what I mean about being a "safe" nudist is that even though I believe in the nudist lifestyle I have'nt really been practicing it. Sure I go to the nudists beach, the nudist camps and resorts. But it is always by myself and around strangers. I honestly can't say how I'll react if someone I know sees me naked. It is for this reason that I made conscious decision to be more pro-active in nudism. I joined a local nudist club and started volunteering for events. I feel that by doing this I increase my chances of being seen and finally become a real nudist instead of a "safe" nudist. To steal a phrase, "it's time to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk".

Comment

Co-workers and freinds think sit's cool, it's the kids and parents that I think would freak. Good for you someday we'll be there too.

Comment

sounds to me like you are already a nudist. maybe you want to be more of a nudist, but its all in your head anyways.

Comment

Dear mojo,
          It's better to be a safe nudist than a dangerous one...think of the appendages you could lose.
          I believe that you are a nudist. Just because those you know have never seen you nude does not mean you are not a nudist. Do you not do things nude? This is what a nudist does, he does things nude. This is what you do, therefore you are a nudist.
          Good luck in your pro-activeness...and keep us posted as to your progress.

Comment

A nephew and his son are the only ones in my family who have seen me nude--unless you count my daughters when they were little. I still call myself a nudist because I've been to nudist places with other nude, and I prefer being nude as much as possible. I think it's easier being nude with strangers than with people who see you on a regular basis who would rather not see you nude. While I don't think I would be embarassed, I'm sure they would. Some have let me know they don't want to see me nude.

Comment

mojo, you certainly sound like a nudist to me. Being a nudist is more than just going naked, it is a mindset. You are more comfortable nude than clothed but even while clothed your belief in nudism is the same.

It really sounds as though you have shared your belief with those that really matter. Be comfortable with who and what you are and don't worry about the others.

Forever Nude,
              Shaybare [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Phil makes a good point. I took was a safe nudist for many years. My wife would join in when we were in a place with little chance of seeing someone we knew. We even avoided places where closet nudist friends could be even though we and they would be nude if we meet up.

This all changed for me several years ago while enjoying an unofficial nude beach. I was walking along the tide line when I ran into a couple of friends from home who were clothed. By the time I saw them, I could not hide so I stopped and we talked for a few minutes. At no time did my state of dress become a topic of conversation. I noticed that the lady checked me out several times. Later, when we returned home, he was a little alouf while she was even more friendly to me.

Later that day when, I related the story to my wife, she was very upset. In fact until we got back home and had socialized with the couple I meet, did she finally agree to go back to nudist situation.

We now are both over the fear of meeting friends, and now enjoy local sites. We have meet a few people from our other life and have many friends who we never see clothed.

Hoosier Mic

Comment

Perhaps the best way to reason if someone you know meets you in a c/o or a nude envirement is "So what?" Remember, if you meet someone, doesn't it stand to reason that they will also be in a state of undress?

Comment

fred, if they are at a nudist area and not nude, than they have come with several possible motives, and i think all are pro-nudist. maybe they would like to join the nudists but are reluctant (fearful). maybe seeing someone they know nude would make them get over their fear by realizing that nudists are actually mostly nice normal people. maybe they are nudists at home, and are ready to come out of the closet. the only evil thought is if they are trying to justify how nudists are sick people and seeing a nice friend there would shatter that also. the worst case is if they are immature people and could somehow use it against you at an inopportune moment, like at a business meeting. but i think we could all think quick on our toes and turn that in our favour as well.

so i think it is a positive reaction all around [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                      [qb] I think it's easier being nude with strangers than with people who see you on a regular basis who would rather not see you nude.[/qb]
                      I agree, I've managed to be nude in public with people whom I never met, but people I know, yikes!

Comment

Being new, trying it with people I don't know seems to be an easier transition. But I don't have a problem with anyone seeing me naked. But how do you tell your friends and/or co-workers about this lifestyle without them thinking "how weird"?

Comment

I would rather be with or meet someone I knew or happen to come across at a nude beach, or club.
                          I have no problem talking with or introducing myself to a stranger, but learning and remembering names, area they are from, and relating to them as a nudist, you start from ground zero over and over again with each new person you come across.

Do you think while being nude meeting someone new that common nudist etiquette with a stranger should or shouldn't mention Education, Job or Position, Money, Type automobile, home, Jewelry etc. unless its brought up in conversation by the other ?

I think not....

your thoughts?

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by NakedGary:
                            [qb]Do you think while being nude meeting someone new that common nudist etiquette with a stranger should or shouldn't mention Education, Job or Position, Money, Type automobile, home, Jewelry etc. unless its brought up in conversation by the other ?

I think not....

your thoughts?[/qb]
                            I guess my take is to wonder why anything materialistic has any place in naturism... (aside from who has the nicest RV! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] j/k )

For myself at least, part of the attraction is to leave the materialistic world behind and seek common ground for who we are, not what we can afford... standing naked before others and being comfortable in who we've become.

I'm proud of my materialistic "things", but I see them more as a RESULT of personal accomplishment, not necessarily who I am. I'd be the same person I think, with or without them. As far as others "bragging rights" go? I see it mostly as that person being proud of what they've been able to accomplish in the all-too-short time we are here... Of course, like anything else, it can be taken too far.

Comment

NakedGary,

I think I understand why you would feel that there is no need to discuss some of those things you listed. Money for one, I never discuss with people I've just met. You gotta be a really close friend to get that outta me.

But on the other hand, I think some of the other things you mentioned are okay to discuss. I think we are just trying to find other interests with these new people we meet other than the enjoyment of being naked. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X