Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Etiquette in terms of where your eyes go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Etiquette in terms of where your eyes go?

Talk to a person's face not anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by walter05 View Post
      There are those who shave their pubic hair, some leave only a small strip, etc. It is clear that many nudists are concerned with how their genitals look when they may be seen.
      I disagree- it may be just how comfortable they feel or just how they wish to be seen my their boyfriend/girlfriend, wife or husband, not by others.

Comment

Originally posted by northlondoner View Post
        I disagree- it may be just how comfortable they feel or just how they wish to be seen my their boyfriend/girlfriend, wife or husband, not by others.
        If one simply reviews this forum, that clearly is not the case. There are far too many people concerned with waxing, etc.

It is clear that many, not all nudists expect and want their genitals to be seen.

My suspicion is that this may actually be mostly newer nudists!

Comment

Try to stay on topic! This is a thread on where you feel your eyes should "go" and not another topic on shaving genitals!

Thanks!

Comment

If it helps, think in textile terms. When clothed, what would you do if someone dripped mustard on their breasts/shirt? What if it were crumbs? Do the same when nude.

If you would look at my butt from across the pool, then do it when I nude too. If you avert your eyes when my butt is in your face as I put my towel on my chair, avert it when it is exposed. If you wouldn't slap my butt when I have a swimsuit on, don't do it just because it is bare.

Comment

Humans are remarkably adept at knowing when others are looking at them. I have seen it theorized that this is a skill that developed very early in the evolution of the sense of sight. You can imagine the great value of sensing when another creature might be eying you as a potential meal.

Getting back to the subject of "Etiquette in terms of where your eyes go", I'll repeat my previous advice and recommend a good pair of sunglasses.

Comment

This would be an issue for me as even clothed I never or rarely allow eye contact.
                I never have it is an unconscious habit.
                Eye contact seems to intimate.
                On a rare occasion I may find someone overwhelming attractive as to draw in my eyes but overall I stand at a distance and scan and preview a persons whole body hands, feet, stance.. and maybe an occasional glance at face and eyes. This is done regardless of sex ,age, or familiarity.

Comment

It’s ok to look, just don’t linger too long at any one place. Eye contact is best and in America anyway, the most respectful

Comment

My feelings about it are pretty much the same as they were when I wrote my first post here...10 years ago (wow time flies)!

It's about tact.

I was in a situation last year where my tactfulness was "challenged." My wife and I were at a nudist B&B; and on our first evening there, we decided to hang out it the basement living room. There were some board games so my wife and I decided to play some. We picked one up that was rather complicated. My wife and I were trying to figure it out, when another couple dropped by. The woman noticed that we were struggling, so she took it upon herself to try to help us out. In doing so, she stepped between the coffee table and the couch; which meant she was within a foot or two from me, "towering" over me as she read the instructions. If I looked in front of me, her genitals were directly in front of me. If I looked up at her face, her breasts were "in the way." And since she would talk to the both of us while explaining the game; it was nearly impossible to interact with her without getting an "eye full."

I figured she must have been comfortable with the situation as to stand that close to me; or she was just oblivious. Regardless of her "disposition"; I chose to keep my eyes "moving." I simply darted back and forth between her, my wife, the game itself and the television. And if she spoke directly to me; I did my best to look past her breasts and at her face. I was admitted a bit relieved when her boyfriend pulled her away to go for a walk, as I didn't have to "juggle around" with my eyes. I enjoy socializing but this was a little too "close for comfort." But my point is: regardless of how close of far the person is, the "trick" is to just keep the eyes moving.

Comment

Originally posted by NudonyII View Post
                      My feelings about it are pretty much the same as they were when I wrote my first post here...10 years ago (wow time flies)!

It's about tact.

I was in a situation last year where my tactfulness was "challenged." My wife and I were at a nudist B&B; and on our first evening there, we decided to hang out it the basement living room. There were some board games so my wife and I decided to play some. We picked one up that was rather complicated. My wife and I were trying to figure it out, when another couple dropped by. The woman noticed that we were struggling, so she took it upon herself to try to help us out. In doing so, she stepped between the coffee table and the couch; which meant she was within a foot or two from me, "towering" over me as she read the instructions. If I looked in front of me, her genitals were directly in front of me. If I looked up at her face, her breasts were "in the way." And since she would talk to the both of us while explaining the game; it was nearly impossible to interact with her without getting an "eye full."

I figured she must have been comfortable with the situation as to stand that close to me; or she was just oblivious. Regardless of her "disposition"; I chose to keep my eyes "moving." I simply darted back and forth between her, my wife, the game itself and the television. And if she spoke directly to me; I did my best to look past her breasts and at her face. I was admitted a bit relieved when her boyfriend pulled her away to go for a walk, as I didn't have to "juggle around" with my eyes. I enjoy socializing but this was a little too "close for comfort." But my point is: regardless of how close of far the person is, the "trick" is to just keep the eyes moving.
                      I doubt that you would have done anything different if she had been fully clothed. It is just as rude to stare at a woman's breasts or anyone's genital area if they are clothed as it is if they are nude.

Comment

I look at good looking people, but don’t stare or leer. Sunglasses are perfect for looking, and necessary for older geezers like me where looking on the sly is increasingly more obvious. I never stare, or get closer for a better look, or any of the obnoxious behaviors that make people uncomfortable, but the human body is beautiful and I can’t help but look! That’s not why I’m a nudist though

Comment

I love looking at just about all naked humans, as I think that the human body is beautiful. But I’m never rude or obnoxious about it. Sunglasses are great cover. As I get older, it’s more difficult to look without being obvious so I’m always in glasses. The weirdest is the audacity that many clothed “looky loos” have when they walk right up to nudists and stare. Nudists rarely stare up close, honoring the space of fellow nudists.

Comment

Working...
                          X