$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$

Is anyone else slightly bothered by the fees/dues that all naturist groups seem to require? I realize that these monies are necessary to offer naturists safe havens, and to pay for fun gatherings,of course, but seems to be one of the less "natural" aspects of naturism. Yes? No?

Is anyone else slightly bothered by the fees/dues that all naturist groups seem to require? I realize that these monies are necessary to offer naturists safe havens, and to pay for fun gatherings,of course, but seems to be one of the less "natural" aspects of naturism. Yes? No?

Comment

No

One of the less Natural aspects of "Naturism"?

Naturism is being nude out in nature, wilderness areas....

You go right ahead and build swimming pools, spas, shower facilities, bathrooms, changing areas, and parking lots on Federal or State land. They would appreciate that.

Do you call "naturist groups” landed and non landed groups/clubs/resorts?

Comment

Not bothered at all. I believe that if you are a member of an organization (INA in this case), the dues are used to keep the organization up and running. The prices may seem to be quite high, but then again, we don't have any idea on how much it costs to keep this site operable.

With the subscription (which I didn't purchase), the Newscasts and nudist updates, not to mention the costs of keeping this site up, I'm sure it isn't cheap. I will continue to pay my dues, for I believe this is a quality organization and supports the nudists beliefs I agree with.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by H&H:

I think H&H is really on to something here. I just checked on Laguna del Sol, the closest naturist venue to where I live. Can you believe it? They actually have the nerve to charge $26 (less if you belong to a naturist organization) for all day use, and all they have to offer the day visitor is a 25 acre lake for swimming, boating, and fishing; several swimming pools, hiking trails, sports facilities, a convenient restuarant, a variety of program activities, and screening and other security measures to ensure the safety of their users. What a ripoff.

Why I can see a movie, complete with a large drink and popcorn, for no more than $22. Of course it only lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but hey--4 bucks saved is 4 bucks. Would I enjoy the movie more if it was free? Sure, but good luck with that.

If I could get a ticket (they're very hard to come by) I could watch an NBA basketball game for as little as $10. Of course if I don't care to watch basketball through binoculars then I'll need a closer seat. If one is available (remember: they're very hard to get) there are good seats priced at only about $90. If I arrive by car I'll need to add another $8 to either price for parking.

Or maybe, instead of being ripped off by a naturist resort, I might decide to go to Disneyland. A single day ticket there is a real bargain at $56, and that entitles me to spend up to half my day standing in line.

So let's get real here. For those who would rather not pay anything there are thousands of beaches, lakeshores, hiking trails, back yards, and other secluded spots where you can take it all off for absolutely free. Some people, however, enjoy the whole experience more when some amenities are available. Those amenities are paid for by those who use them, and the several of those that I have visited are giving good value for the money spent.

Comment

We are AANR, TNS, NAC, INA and Friends of San Onofre Beach members, dues paying, donation giving members.

These organizations give us something back in return for our membership.

We travel quite a bit and rent cars frequently, as AANR members, we get a 10% discount, I get the same discount with my AAA card but I'd rather use my discount card with the AANR affiliation. We also get the Bulletin monthly which I like to read and enjoying it finding out what's going on around the US concerning nudism.

TNS, we also get "N" magazine, again more useful information. The strength of the oldest and largest Naturist organization in the country. Discounts at nude resorts and clubs. The discounts usually pay for the membership itself over the course of the year.

NAC; Naturist Action Committee. That's a no brainer. They work their butts off so we can bare ours. Enough said about that...in my book, well worth the $$$ I send them annually.

Friends of San Onofre Beach. This group works hard each year to secure our ability to use a portion of this state beach in the nude. Well worth our annual donation just for that priviledge.

INA; Though we have yet to use this card for discounts, our INA membership gives us some perks here on this site and it's enough that I don't mind paying this membership so I can watch the videos and look at pictures of other naturists and get a glimpse of places we'd like to visit. And besides, even though you don't have to be a member to post on the forums...

...I feel better about ranting once in a while if I'm a dues paying member!

Comment

The fees charged is to pay for the resources you use and of course the resort has every right to make a profit. There will be years where they make a 'killing' profit and those where they do not or even loose but they have a right to get paid and make a profit.

One said he could see a movie and get something to drink for less. That movie is paid for by the millions of tickets and other rentals it generates so the per person rate can be greatly reduced. The resort has to be supported by a much smaller circle of interested people so the charges are in appropriate relation.

I suggest you go buy a plot of land large enough for a resort, build pools, build the tennis and other ball courts, assembly halls, toilet and shower facilities, pay the taxes, mortgage, staff and maintenance as well as insurance and permits. This all adds up to a huge expense that someone has to pay for and the owners of the resort are not millionares able to give all this away.

If the resort charges are far too excessive, no one will come. If too cheap, well, you get what you pay for.

Comment

No.
                Even the NRA charges dues. Each group is in there fighting our battles for us and watching the laws trying to pass in each state. Otherwise, we wouldn't know anything until they passed. They let the media know what's going on. That's where the publicity comes from.
                They holler" WOLF" when it's needed, because of backdoor politics. etc. etc.etc. Frank

A question for luvnaturism;

quote:

I think H&H is really on to something here. I just checked on Laguna del Sol, the closest naturist venue to where I live. Can you believe it? They actually have the nerve to charge $26 (less if you belong to a naturist organization) for all day use, and all they have to offer the day visitor is a 25 acre lake for swimming, boating, and fishing; several swimming pools, hiking trails, sports facilities, a convenient restuarant, a variety of program activities, and screening and other security measures to ensure the safety of their users. What a ripoff.

Why I can see a movie, complete with a large drink and popcorn, for no more than $22. Of course it only lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but hey--4 bucks saved is 4 bucks. Would I enjoy the movie more if it was free? Sure, but good luck with that.

If I could get a ticket (they're very hard to come by) I could watch an NBA basketball game for as little as $10. Of course if I don't care to watch basketball through binoculars then I'll need a closer seat. If one is available (remember: they're very hard to get) there are good seats priced at only about $90. If I arrive by car I'll need to add another $8 to either price for parking.

Or maybe, instead of being ripped off by a naturist resort, I might decide to go to Disneyland. A single day ticket there is a real bargain at $56, and that entitles me to spend up to half my day standing in line.

So let's get real here. For those who would rather not pay anything there are thousands of beaches, lakeshores, hiking trails, back yards, and other secluded spots where you can take it all off for absolutely free. Some people, however, enjoy the whole experience more when some amenities are available. Those amenities are paid for by those who use them, and the several of those that I have visited are giving good value for the money spent.

Do they charge for each thing at that place? WTP was gonna charge for movies at one time. Found out it violated copywrite/viewing laws, and the main hall had to then qualify as a theater with money paid to Hollywood for each viewing. Same for TV shows.
                Bob, for free, has game parties,movies, etc.
                Or did I read your post wrong? Just curious.

Comment

Well stated Fireprof, I definately agree, though I don't get to go to the resorts as often as I would like,by far, I do think it is money well spent, and that I am getting what enjoyment I paid for and then some.
                  Nudeinbama

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by luvnaturism:
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by H&H:

Hey group....

I really think luvnaturism was just being sacastic and humorous. If you read his post, he's making reference to what other things cost for the same amount or double what it costs to visit a nude club or resort for the entire day and do what it is you really want to do, that is be naked. Going to the movies only lasts 2 hrs, you gotta listen to kids talk on their cell phones during the movie. Disneyland, a place we are too familiar with in this family, is just down right expensive and believe me I know, we've got grandkids!

Clubs and resorts have lots of overhead costs, maintanence costs, mortgages, taxes, property taxes, payrolls, employee benefit costs, the list is endless.

There aren't millions of us contributing to the hundreds of clubs and resorts so that the day use fees can be minimal. With so few of us actually visiting and using the facilities, the cost for use will be high until the number of users increases. By that time, costs will have risen and we'll have to pay more anyway.

Another thing to consider are the residents or members of these resorts and clubs. They pay into this facility daily, so to speak. They volunteer their time, plan and coordinate events for all....members, residents and day users. Some pay maintanence fees, monthly or annually to keep the place looking nice and clean. These people pay for these things even when they aren't there and on vacation someplace else paying day use fees! So in comparison, we pay very little to what these people do.

So..........think about it, $26 bucks to spend the day at a nude resort or club. Many, if not all allow you to bring your own lunch, cooler, so you can save $$ there. Or, you could save some cash and become a member of a club and use the place all the time, every weekend, every week, everyday!

Comment

I really think luvnaturism was just being sacastic and humorous. If you read his post, he's making reference to what other things cost for the same amount or double what it costs to visit a nude club or resort for the entire day and do what it is you really want to do, that is be naked. Going to the movies only lasts 2 hrs, you gotta listen to kids talk on their cell phones during the movie. Disneyland, a place we are too familiar with in this family, is just down right expensive and believe me I know, we've got grandkids!

I thought that, but then saw the $10. for basketball and reread it. Then I got confused. Very easy for me! Just asking for clarification.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by H&H:

I think H&H is really on to something here. I just checked on Laguna del Sol, the closest naturist venue to where I live.... They actually have the nerve to charge $26

Putting aside the pro and con of the fees, luvnaturism, you are gettng a bargin.

The closest venue here charges $40 per day for the non-member. Plus, currently the tempeture is 21 F with a wind chill down to 12.

Being in Ca, at least you are getting a good bargin for the price.

Comment

I also interpret luvnaturism as tinner 666 did. It is professional sarcasm. If any of you have ever been to Laguna del Sol, the entrance fee is a bargin. The facility is everything a Naturist could ask for. All the facilities that accomodate our life styles have to assess a fee. I for one sometimes wonder how some of the campuses actuall stay in business. Some of the fess are very marginal. If I felt they were to high, I would go to the beach or trail hike. But I prefer the the amenities at the club and the people associated with them. Cost to me isn't a vactor, when I am at a club. Knowing that is safe and free of hastle.
                          All the best
                          FCMII

Comment

H&H and Luvnaturism mentioned the $26 day gate fee at Laguna Del. This fee if for a first time visitor, non member, non AANR/TNS/INA carded member.

As a single Gold member I can go in and out 24/7 365 days a year and stay up to 14 days overnight during any one month. At a $320 membership fee, if I go out one day each weekend during the year that works out to be $12.30 per visit. I go often enough that my costs are under $10 per visit.

Another thing not mentioned is the energy cost to heat swimming pools, hot tubs to 104 degrees, conversation tubs to 100 degrees, a Sauna, and hot water for several showering areas, bathrooms, changing areas, 24/7.

Another feature not mentioned is the very reasonable overnight fees; $5 for camping, and $10 - $15 for RV, Trailer, or Coach depending on if you want a dry or full hook up with Sewer, fresh water, and electricity. I do not know of anywhere where you can stay overnight for those reasonable costs anywhere.

So for a large, luxury, beautiful, full featured Nudist resort in the middle of California, that’s a barging unknown to most. Where else could you enjoy being nude, socialize, and have fun in a safe secure atmosphere....For less.....No where!

The same hold true at the 2nd largest California Nudist Resort Glen Eden in Southern CA, and many others to serve high density and remote areas.

http://www.lagunadelsol.com

http://www.gleneden.com

Others in California:
                            Resorts, clubs, camps

Aquafinity Hotel
                            Desert Hot Springs, CA
                            (760) 251-3521 Fax (760) 329-1528
                            http://www.aquafinityhotel.com

De Anza Springs Resort
                            1951 Carrizo Gorge Road Jacumba, CA 91934
                            877-246-6833 or 619-766-4301
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.deanzasprings.com

Deer Park Family Nudist Resort
                            1924 Glen Helen Road Devore, CA 92407
                            909-880-0803
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.dpnr.com

Desert Shadows Inn
                            1533 Chaparral Palm Springs, CA 92262
                            800-292-9298 or 760-325-6410
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.desertshadows.com

Elysium Fields
                            33333 Mulholland Hwy, Malibu CA 90265
                            818-707-6833
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.elysiumfields.com

Glen Eden Sun Club
                            25999 Glen Eden Road, Corona, CA 91719-5223
                            800-843-6833 or 909-277-4650
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.gleneden.com

Harbin Hot Springs
                            http://www.harbin.org

Kiva Retreat House - Santa Cruz, CA, hot tub/spa
                            http://www.kivaretreat.com

Laguna del Sol - near Sacramento
                            8683 Rawhide Lane Box 1, Wilton, CA 95693-9405
                            916-687-6550
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.lagunadelsol.com

Lupin Naturist Club
                            20600 Aldercroft Heights Road, Los Gatos, CA 95030
                            408-353-2250
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.lupin.com

Meadowlark Country House
                            http://meadowlarkinn.com

Morningside Inn - Palm Springs, CA
                            888 N. Indian Canyon, Palm Springs, CA 92262
                            800-916-2668 or 760-325-2668
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.morningsideinn.com

Mystic Oaks Private Retreat
                            40051 Long Canyon Road, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
                            909-678-2333
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.mysticoaks.com

Naked Volleyball - Orange County
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.nakedvolleyball.com

Olive Dell Ranch
                            26520 Keissel Road, Reche Canyon, Colton, CA 92324
                            909-825-6619
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.olivedellranch.com

Olympian Nudist Club
                            P.O. Box 819, Bellflower, CA 90707-0819
                            949-240-3183
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.olympianclub.com

Sequoians- San Francisco Bay Area
                            http://www.sequoians.com

Silver Valley Sun club
                            http://www.wemweb.com/svsc.html

Solation Luxury Nudist Resort - San Diego, CA
                            http://www.nudisthotel.com

Swallows Sun Island Club - San Diego, CA
                            http://www.swallowssunisland.com

Taboo Gardens Resort
                            http://www.taboogardens.com

The Terra Cotta Inn - Palm Springs, CA
                            http://www.sunnyfun.com

Comment

Some of the resorts listed are no longer in operation and others are "lifestyles friendly", which means that they do not belong on a naturist board.

Comment

Working...
                              X