Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions you ask when meeting nudists

Hi Everyone -

What are THREE QUESTIONS you ask people when you first meet them at a nudist club/resort, to make sure they are people you'd like to have at your club/resort?

What's been the most CREATIVE question that someone has asked you when they first met you at a nudist club/resort?

1. How are you doing?
    2. Where are you from?
    3. How long are you staying?

Is it contageous?

Comment

That's right; we have found that those three questions are definitely conversation-starters.

Comment

I suppose the first would be 'what is your name' to be a first. Where do you live is another but I am from Maine but live in Virginia, have lived here 16 years but still I am FROM Maine. Of course children or significant other would be another starter.

Comment

Of course, if you are going to meet someone you don't know at a designated spot at a certain time, the first question that comes to mind is, "Are you ------"? And then the, "Nice to meet you", etc.

Kind of how we met up with FireProf last year.

Comment

One that comes up a lot also is "How long have you been a nudist?".

Comment

It's not a question, but I find myself saying: "Nice to meet somebody that likes to be clothesfree like myself. Glad to meet you."

Comment

After exchanging "hello's", our names and "glad to meet you's," we will usually ask...

Come here often?

How long have you been visiting nude beaches, nude resorts, or clubs? (depending on our location when we meet someone)

How long have you been a nudist/naturist?

Comment

I usually ask, "How are you?" Depending on the response, I follow up on their answer. Good conversation involves good listening.
                  Florida Cracker

Comment

Come here often?
                    I asked a guy that when I was at Mazzo beach last year. He assumed I was trying to pick him up, and told me he wasn't that way.
                    So I Had to explain that I only asked because I was going to need a motel room for the night, and I wanted to know if there were any that catered to the nudists that visit the area.

Comment

"It sure is cute, but how do you breathe through it?"

ooops ... sorry, that is what an elephant asks a nudist.

Comment

What I have experienced many times at nudist venues when meeting new people is that my wife and I will introduce ourselves using our first and last names. There will be a pause and then the other person(s) will respond with just their first name(s). Often, the tone of voice will be such as to imply that we are guilty of a serious breach of etiquette by stating our last name.

Comment

Often, the tone of voice will be such as to imply that we are guilty of a serious breach of etiquette by stating our last name.
                          Yep.

"First name only" is the rule. But it isn't a serious offense to give your last name, it is to ask someone else's, and that is probably the implication that is causing the 'tone' you hear. Stick to first names - "Hi, we're Fred and Ginger from Hoboken."

-Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
                            quote:
                            Often, the tone of voice will be such as to imply that we are guilty of a serious breach of etiquette by stating our last name.
                            Yep.

"First name only" is the rule. But it isn't a serious offense to give your last name, it is to ask someone else's, and that is probably the implication that is causing the 'tone' you hear. Stick to first names - "Hi, we're Fred and Ginger from Hoboken."

-Mark

Yes, "first name only" is the rule, especially with older nudists. I assume this is because they wish to keep the fact that they are nudists a secret from friends and family. My wife and I have taken the opposite approach. We have told virtually our entire extended family and most of our friends and coworkers. Reactions have ranged from expressions of interest to total disbelief. We have never had a negative reaction.

AANR ran a series of editorials about being an ambassador for nude recreation by talking about it with friends and family. Even if you don't succeed in winning converts, at least you will have eased prejudices by placing a human face on the concept of nudism.

Comment

Originally posted by Nude in the North:

I asked a guy that when I was at Mazzo beach last year. He assumed I was trying to pick him up, and told me he wasn't that way.
                              So I Had to explain that I only asked because I was going to need a motel room for the night, and I wanted to know if there were any that catered to the nudists that visit the area.
                              How did that go?

As for me;
                              1) exchange names
                              2) if from around here
                              3) been to any other locations.

After all, we are already at a resort right.

Comment

Working...
                              X