I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question

I had my first "public" nudity experience, i had lifguardiong class at the YMCA, i threw off my boxers to change into my suit, not even the other boys seem to mind, but later, we saw older men changing and sitting aroound in the nude and we, including myself was grosses out and felt awkward. Why was this? does this mean i shouldn't become a nudist? HELP!

I had my first "public" nudity experience, i had lifguardiong class at the YMCA, i threw off my boxers to change into my suit, not even the other boys seem to mind, but later, we saw older men changing and sitting aroound in the nude and we, including myself was grosses out and felt awkward. Why was this? does this mean i shouldn't become a nudist? HELP!

Comment

Hi couscous,

Well here is my opinion. No it doesn't mean you shouldn't become a nudist.

There are a few factors involved here. First, as someone that works with teens and having been one myself, you don't generaly embrace that fact of seeing older ppl naked.

Then there is the lockerroom. I personnaly still am not at ease in a lockerroom even if I am 36. I however, have no problem at home, the beach or a club seeing older ppl.

Then there is the aspect of being a bunch of teens together. It is some kind of "self defence". Don't really know how to explain this in a short manner. One starts and everyone joins in. Possibly, if you would have been alone, it might not have grossed you out. What others said may have altered your perception of things.

Only you know how you really feel and how you will feel. Time will tell and trust your instincts. There are a lot of young nudists out there and a lockerroom nudity is, in my opinion, not the same as a beach or club experience.

Comment

couscous: Simply being nude in front of a bunch of older guys in a locker room, hardly qualifies you as being a nudist. Guys who are changing, showering or just lounging around and shooting the bull in the locker room is like a social "male bonding".

What did you mean when you stated that you were 'grossed out'? Simply being around a bunch of guys in the locker room should not have had any effect on you, other than the fact, you were all naked. You will grow out of this in time. To be a nudist, you should take 'baby steps' at first, then work up from there.

Do you still live at home, or are you out on your own? Do have the ability to be nude at certain times of the day, either inside or outside of your apartment or house? Have you actually been nude for any amount of time, either by yourself or with others?

These are the baby steps that I was referring to. Try being nude for certain times, such as in your bedroom, walking from the bathroom to your bedroom after showering, take a walk to the living room, relax in your living room, catch some rays in the back yard (if permitted). The more times you are nude, the more comfortable you will become.

After becoming comfortable at being nude at home, try going to a nude beach. If you get the jitters, then so be it. It will pass as time goes by. When you do go to the beach, do what the Nike ad says, "Just do it". Drop trousers and enjoy the feeling. After a while, you will become like a lot of us, and that is to just hate wearing clothes.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X