Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Southern California

Just wanted to say hello.

Just like a lot of others, I've slept nude for years, and couldn't imagine going back to wearing anything to sleep.

About a year ago, I started to get into the home-nudist concept, but my partner was "not in agreement"...

Well, its taken some time, but for the past couple of weeks, I've managed to sunbathe nude in our backyard everyday, and have done most of the chores around the house naked too - 100+ temperatures have assisted in this transistion!

I've come to view nudism from a personal growth perspective. I am a recovering alcoholic, who was INTENSELY shy about my body. So buttoned up it was ridiculous. Now, with several years sobriety, and a whole lot of work on myself, I've come to realize, by working through my fears, that I've got nothing to be ashamed of, I'm no different from anyone else, and I am exactly as God intended me to be.

I couldn't even undress in front of a mirror seven years ago, I hated myself that much. Years of getting a legitimate massage once a week, and sitting in a steam room with a bunch of other people, finally made me come to terms with my body, and accept it.

Now, I'm ready to be as accepting of my body in everyday life. Its the next step of acceptance, I think.

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience? For me, its just a beautiful thing.

Mike in Southern California

Just like a lot of others, I've slept nude for years, and couldn't imagine going back to wearing anything to sleep.

About a year ago, I started to get into the home-nudist concept, but my partner was "not in agreement"...

Well, its taken some time, but for the past couple of weeks, I've managed to sunbathe nude in our backyard everyday, and have done most of the chores around the house naked too - 100+ temperatures have assisted in this transistion!

I've come to view nudism from a personal growth perspective. I am a recovering alcoholic, who was INTENSELY shy about my body. So buttoned up it was ridiculous. Now, with several years sobriety, and a whole lot of work on myself, I've come to realize, by working through my fears, that I've got nothing to be ashamed of, I'm no different from anyone else, and I am exactly as God intended me to be.

I couldn't even undress in front of a mirror seven years ago, I hated myself that much. Years of getting a legitimate massage once a week, and sitting in a steam room with a bunch of other people, finally made me come to terms with my body, and accept it.

Now, I'm ready to be as accepting of my body in everyday life. Its the next step of acceptance, I think.

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience? For me, its just a beautiful thing.

Comment

Mike, welcome.

I'm not from a similar experience, exactly, but growing up in an overly modest household may have made me initially more rebellious in seeking out a nude beach when I was young.

Now, I just accept myself and others for the best I and others can be - nothing more and nothing less.

Oh yeah -- and MUCH congrats on your sobriety. Keep it up, bud!

cheers
      J'man

Comment

Great work, Mike! Keep working on self improvement throughout life...its a perpetual cycle. The self actualization leads to more self confidence which spurs us on to more self actualization.
        Florida Cracker

Comment

congratulations on becoming sober! i'm sure it was a lot of hard work and dedication. the nudist lifestyle is some what the same for some. others just take off on it as tho they were meant for it. enjoy all you can in your new life. i would say you deserve it!!

Comment

Thanks for the positive support!

I did a search for posts with the word "sober" and found quite a few, some even talking about their sobriety, in addition to their nudism.

It sometimes strikes me as being strange that there's anyone else out there that's experiencing things just like I am.

Quite an ego I must have, to think that there are 5 billion people on the planet, and I think I'm unique!

Again, thanks for the comments and support - you have NO idea how fearful I was about posting on here....

Mike

Comment

"..and the courage to change things I can."

He granted you serenity, as you asked, and you took the courage and made changes. Good for you.

Me too. I met several friends of Bill in a room five years ago and the days still spin out one at a time.

I'm planning a day trip to Berkshire Vista Saturday. My first few times there, I couldn't drive home. Now when I go I feel it's more of a connection to nature.

There's really nothing like strolling through a sudden rain storm in the mountains nude and clear-headed.... almost like He's cleansing me inside and out.

p.s. Thank's for dropping by and saying Hello. You made my day.. It's nice being reminded -- once again -- that it's not just me on this ride.

Comment

quote:
                I've come to realize, by working through my fears, that I've got nothing to be ashamed of, I'm no different from anyone else, and I am exactly as God intended me to be.

Well put, Mike.
                Congratulations for your efforts and finding peace.
                I can't speak for all but that self awareness and acceptance is a wonderful cornerstone of nudism and life in general, at least for me. Wish the whole of humanity could share it's purpose and value.

Comment

Hello Mike, and welcome to our forum. A hearty congratulations on your journey into nudism as well as your trek into sobriety. I had a similar experience in my younger years. Actually, here is how it went with me. I attended college during the early and mid-eighties(1983-'87). My first impression and opinion was that nudists were a buch of weirdos and perverts at first believe it not. This view quickly changed after I visited a nudist resort back in 1991. It was then called Treehouse Fun House in Devore,C.A. I realized then that nudists are just like you,me, and everyone else. The only thing was their lifestyle. About a couple of months or so later, I visited another club called Silver Valley Sun Club in Newberry Springs, C.A. That was in the summertime around July. During that visit, I actually removed my clothes even though it took me a while, like about twenty minutes. Once I reached that step, I didn't want to redress. But I had to when it came time to leave and go home. That was funny because I almost had to fight them to leave the grounds. They didn't want me to go! I was extremely comfortable with the entire situation by then. From that experience, I have learned not to prejudge people on the basis of forming an opinion when in fact I knew nothing about the concept of principle of nudism. I think I had been swayed by a lot of religious friends and their opinions. That happens when your young and don't know any better. I was in my earlier twenties then and thought I knew everything! Especially being in college and all. Anyhow, congrats to you once again and may you reap all of the benefits of nudism and body acceptance. I also hope this post was not too long for you! Have a nice evening!

Ken Palmer

quote:
                  Originally posted by freesobernaked:

Comment

Hi Mike, I am in So CA also. Great nudist weather we have been having here. It is almost too hot in the sun to be outside. We have a fenced in patio that blocks the view from outside, but also hinders the air circulation inside. It has been like an oven, but I go out everyday to water the plants with nothing on but sandals. Inside I move around doing stuff better, and faster when I am naked, and can keep the air conditioner running less.
                    Frank

Comment

So, today was the day I actually got to Deer Park Nudist Ranch....

Kind of rustic, but actually just the ticket for a first time at a "club".

Like LamontCranston puts it above, it was a very peaceful, connecting experience.

I walked around the place, and into the National Forest land adjacent to the back of the Ranch, and to be so at ease with myself, my nakedness, and nature was very satisfying.

I'll definitely be going back there - and now I've gotten my toes wet, there are a few other places I want to try, too.

Thanks everyone for just being here. I'm not alone, even when I am by myself, but I carried all your shared experience with me today, and it was a wonderful thing to have in mind.

fsnMike

Comment

Working...
                      X