Looking for nudists friends in Dayton Ohio Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for nudists friends in Dayton Ohio Area

I am looking for fellow nudists in my area. I would also like to know if there are any places in ohio to go nude without getting in any trouble. I have looked into the resorts but they require couples and don't permit men joining by alone. My wife does not feel comfortable but does not mind if I enjoy being a nudist.

I am looking for fellow nudists in my area. I would also like to know if there are any places in ohio to go nude without getting in any trouble. I have looked into the resorts but they require couples and don't permit men joining by alone. My wife does not feel comfortable but does not mind if I enjoy being a nudist.

Comment

I haven't had trouble going to Cedar Trails near Peebles or Bare Valley near Logan. Don't know too many places around Dayton itself. I am a member of a group in Columbus. Check out www.searchingforparadise.com. From there, under "Links to our Friends", one can find a link to the Buckeye Naturists. Both groups hold events in and around Columbus.

Doug H.

P.S. Oops! I know Cedar Trails requires both husband and wife. Not sure about Bare Valley. Welcome to a much discriminated against group: Men with nonparticipating spouses. Don't know who's look on as more questionable, single men or husband with a no-go wife?

Comment

I have been to Paradise Gardens, which is north of Cincinnati, off I-275. You can find the link thru AANR.

If you need additional information, let me know.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by mu1984:
          [qb]I have been to Paradise Gardens, which is north of Cincinnati, off I-275. You can find the link thru AANR.

If you need additional information, let me know.[/qb]
          I plan to go this summer... what is it like? I had a great time at Bare Valley... and receinty been to a nude swim with the Buckeye Naturist Soc. and was accepted as a single at both locations. You must be true in your accuasitions (sp?) and then the discrimination is lifted.

Comment

I'm not to sure about places in Ohio, but you can always reach out to fellow naturist here in the forums. They always tend to be friendly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Aaron:
              [qb]I'm not to sure about places in Ohio, but you can always reach out to fellow naturist here in the forums. They always tend to be friendly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [/qb]
              Naturists as individuals tend to be amongst the freindliest going. What I was implying is that admissions policies at some resorts, especially older ones, tend to be restrictive in regards to singles and those with nonparticipating partners. Gender balance is often given as a reason, but I suspect that perceived security issues are also a part of it. As much as naturists would like the world's attitude toward them updated, certain portions of the naturist community need to update their policies as well.

Doug H.

Comment

Is there anyone that would be willing to provide me with a candid evaluation of the various resorts in Ohio? I'm very new to this as far as going public and do have an interest in becoming a member at someplace that isn't excessively far from Dayton. But, before I drop the $$ to join, it would seem wise to check out as many places as I can so I can make an informed decision. I'm a single male in my mid 40's so keep that in mind as well.

You're more than welcome to send me a private message if you'd rather not publicly provide candid input.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Falcon46,

Unfortunately we don't know any resorts in your area. You may have some trouble joining as a single male. Check out nudeplaces.com this web site rates various resorts and they have a single friendly listing of resorts.

Good luck

Comment

Cape Cod Nudists.... being from Cape Cod, I'd have been really surprised if you did have first-hand knowledge of resorts/clubs in Ohio [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But I appreciate the well wishes just the same. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm too new at this to have experienced the "no singles" attitude yet. And given the implecations involved, I won't be surprised if it comes up. If and when it does come up, then I'll move on. The way I see it is, if a resort/club doesn't want me based solely on a demographic, then that's their choice. It would be best to find out prior to laying out the $$$ rather than afterwards though. On the same note, if a resort/club is willing to reject me only because of my demographic, without at least getting to know me, then it's not likely I'd want to join them anyway. I believe it is possible to maintain the much needed security, and STILL allow older single males the opportunity to enjoy the freedom of being "clothes-free" (where have I heard that term before? ...oh yeah) as long as there is adequate screening prior to allowing someone to join, including a trial period if need be. If I didn't truly belive this, I wouldn't have bothered... there wouldn't be much point in trying would there? There are indeed places around where I will be welcome, and those are the ones I'll be interested in.

....But I'm getting away from the intention of my post above. I was simply seeking others in my area that could possibly give me the inside scoop on places around me and save me a little leg-work. If nothing comes from it, then I'll continue the leg-work on my own. Maybe I'm being naive... but I just don't think so. There is a place for me and I'll run across it sooner or later... much like others that have already been down this same path.

See ya!

Comment

since fresno is not to far from san francisco, do you know of any local groups in the bay area.
                      where in the INA located.

Comment

There is also a nice place just over the Indiana border. Sunshower Country Club in Centerville,IN is my personal favorite.

BTW-Doug H,Never heard of Bare Valley. Was it called Summit Lodge at one time?

Comment

Falcon46,
                          Please type the search words,

Buckeye Naturists

or try the URL below;

http://www.geocities.com/tbn_ohio

for more information, including a schedule of events in and "near" Ohio, which is listed at the bottom of the home page.

Comment

Thanks David... actually that URL is one I ran across a few weeks ago and have it bookmarked, since I refer to it frequently. That, and some other local sites around OH & IN.

The entire wealth of information supplied by you and others in this forum has been invaluable to say the least! I feel I'm well on my way and have been to a few places already. It's still surprising to me how easily I've adapted to this and frankly owe a lot of it to the people in this forum, as well as the nice people I've had the pleasure to meet at the resorts. It's getting tougher and tougher to remember just what the big deal was all about...

*Tipping my hat and saying thanks to everyone!*

Cheers!

Comment

I am from Ohio and was looking into local resorts. I'm 21 and was wondering if I am allowed to go, because I have been told I need to sign a release form, and was wondering if they need personal information.

Comment

Working...
                              X