Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to tell

Hey all, been a while.

With the help of some good nudist/naturist online friends of mine, I'm approaching the level of confidence needed to share my interest in nudism/naturism with my girlfriend.

We have been dating a year and a half, with all but the past two months being long-distance (she lived an hour away). We are both freshman at the same university. We were both brought up in traditional Christian households.

She is a lot more "liberal" in her views on nudity than I previously thought. She is completely comfortable changing, etc. around her close girl friends (as most girls are I'm sure), and has even gone skinnydipping a few times with her girl friends. She has told me (out of the blue) that she sometimes sleeps nude when her roommate is not home and also does her post-shower routine nude (sometimes) if no one is there.

This, coupled with the fact that she doesn't think nudity is inherently wrong, only inappropriate in a social context (especially in American/western culture), leads me to believe she might have the foundations to become a nudist.

In the coming months I'm planning on gradually telling her of my interest and experience in nudism/naturism. My journey to it, my friends I've made, and the biblical reasons why I think it is not sinful activity (inherently). That will be the start. I have a few female nudist/naturist friends online who have offered to talk to her about it from a female perspective when the time comes.

All this to ask, besides what I've mentioned so far, what else should I tell her when I finally "come out"?

Thanks guys (and gals).

Hey all, been a while.

With the help of some good nudist/naturist online friends of mine, I'm approaching the level of confidence needed to share my interest in nudism/naturism with my girlfriend.

We have been dating a year and a half, with all but the past two months being long-distance (she lived an hour away). We are both freshman at the same university. We were both brought up in traditional Christian households.

She is a lot more "liberal" in her views on nudity than I previously thought. She is completely comfortable changing, etc. around her close girl friends (as most girls are I'm sure), and has even gone skinnydipping a few times with her girl friends. She has told me (out of the blue) that she sometimes sleeps nude when her roommate is not home and also does her post-shower routine nude (sometimes) if no one is there.

This, coupled with the fact that she doesn't think nudity is inherently wrong, only inappropriate in a social context (especially in American/western culture), leads me to believe she might have the foundations to become a nudist.

In the coming months I'm planning on gradually telling her of my interest and experience in nudism/naturism. My journey to it, my friends I've made, and the biblical reasons why I think it is not sinful activity (inherently). That will be the start. I have a few female nudist/naturist friends online who have offered to talk to her about it from a female perspective when the time comes.

All this to ask, besides what I've mentioned so far, what else should I tell her when I finally "come out"?

Thanks guys (and gals).

Comment

Is there a sex life? Reason I ask, do you think the two of you will be comfortable sitting around nude, WITHOUT sex being a prequiset for being nude. Can you both shower nude, together, comfortably.
      Just one aspect you need to figure into the equation.
      I shower with anybody at communal showers in WTP as a normal thing to do. If you think the two of you can handle that, you'll do fine.
      I apologise if I put it badly. No offense meant with first question. I'm feeling kinda blunt today.

Comment

It sounds like you be off to a good start when she has mention that she sleeps nude and has gone skinny dipping. You can go from those points and see where you will end up. Ask her if she was with others when she went skinny dipping- and if she has thought about going again. You can working in that you have gone on this site- which has a lot of good information for first timers in this nude life. If she has try some form of nudism- sleeping and swiming it sounds like you may have a nude partner-- maybe.

Also, look me up when you sign in- I'm in the same area as you (Grand Rapids).
        Ray

Comment

just tell her how enlightening and exilerating it is to walk nude through a beautiful forest or swim in the nude and socialize in a hot tub with others. sounds like she is already half way there. there are many beautiful times the two of you can share.

Comment

I think you are doing the right thing.... the only advice I have is to not mentione your avatar on this website until you know she's "totally cool with the idea".

It sounds like she's pretty much already interested in nudism, on a subconcious level or maybe even a concious level. I'm not sure how you plan to ease it in over a month....I think one open and honest discussion might do the trick....but, you have a plan, and I think you'll get good results.

Keep us posted

Comment

A successful relationship if founded on several main points being shared, and one of those points is major interests. You have a major interest in nudism and she needs to know of that and also share it for you both to be established in a successful relationship.

Major Philosophys and Goals are two other of the four main points that need to be shared, and if you have a mojor goal of maintaining a nudist lifestyle and she does not, then there will be a major diparity so the success of the relationship is doubtful.

Just be what you are, if she honestly feels the same great, if not she can always be a good friend but the depth of your involvement will be limited and you will have to find or be found by another.

Good luck !

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by tinner666:
                Is there a sex life? Reason I ask, do you think the two of you will be comfortable sitting around nude, WITHOUT sex being a prequiset for being nude. Can you both shower nude, together, comfortably.
                We are both virgins and are committed to waiting until marriage. We have never seen each other nude either.

quote:
                Ask her if she was with others when she went skinny dipping- and if she has thought about going again.
                The only time she's done it, she did it with her sister and a (girl) friend with another girl keeping watch. She just shrugged when I asked her if she'd do it again.

quote:
                A successful relationship if founded on several main points being shared, and one of those points is major interests. You have a major interest in nudism and she needs to know of that and also share it for you both to be established in a successful relationship.

Major Philosophys and Goals are two other of the four main points that need to be shared, and if you have a mojor goal of maintaining a nudist lifestyle and she does not, then there will be a major diparity so the success of the relationship is doubtful.

Just be what you are, if she honestly feels the same great, if not she can always be a good friend but the depth of your involvement will be limited and you will have to find or be found by another.
                Honestly, naturism is not a major interest of mine. I'd lay it aside in a second if she remains against it after reasoning. She's more important to me than naturism.

Comment

{quote}We are both virgins and are committed to waiting until marriage. We have never seen each other nude either.{quote}

A simple skinny dipping evening somewhere during a nature hike might be the way to go. Kinda hard to go that route in winter though.
                  A natural introduction is what I think you want. It has to fit into something you're both doing. A private heated pool maybe? Or do you happen to know some nudists with a hot-tub?
                  Or a simple suggestion that you'd like to visit a family oriented nudist park. Not a swingers park or club. Research the clubs policies first.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Frank

PS: (Don't pull the stunt I did with my wife. I drove into WTP without giving her a clue. She freaked, then settled down like a fish in water.Could have ended bad.)

Comment

Working...
                  X